[25] I'm on a Boat

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] I'm on a Boat

Postby Kihra » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Aubade wrote:Kihra. I find it hard to believe you're staying through 3 mage sessions on 25M. What kind of a cooldown rotation are you using and at what point do you start using it?

The logs in the gunship thread for me and Wiingman are both tanking through 3 mages. We don't go over until the first mage comes out and leave the second the third mage dies.

He's at 35 stacks or so when the third mage dies for both of us. I don't know what order Wiing used cooldowns in, but all I used was Satrina's + Corroded Skeleton Key together in between the 2nd and 3rd mage and then popped Divine Protection when the third mage came out.

I have 60k health raid buffed, and at 35 stacks the hits were 40k or so blocked.
Last edited by Kihra on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kihra

Postby Aubade » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:41 pm

Sounds right, a bit excessive but right.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Kihra » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Aubade wrote:Sounds right, a bit excessive but right.

What else are your healers going to do? This way you make sure they're awake for Saurfang. ;)
Kihra

Postby Aubade » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:05 pm

Kihra wrote:
Aubade wrote:Sounds right, a bit excessive but right.

What else are your healers going to do? This way you make sure they're awake for Saurfang. ;)

Saurfang is a snoozefest too though =[
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:43 am

Gunship bosses hit pretty slowly as it is, anyway, right? Unless the hit is going to be a one-shot, there should always be plenty of time to heal.
Belloc

Postby Arjuna » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:28 am

I'm confused...

This might be a bit of a nub-ish question, but...how the heck do you see how much "health" the enemy boat has left? And are there better or worse spots to shoot the cannons at the enemy ship?
Also, does the cannons scale with gear or are they static?

Because we did icc10 yesterday and it took forever compared to the week before (we had one dps in the cannons that hadn't been there before)...

And When I tanked Muradin last Wednesday I stayed for two mages, and he was up at 35 stacks already, now you say he was up at 35 stacks at three mages? Just wondering how the "nuking of the ship" works a bit...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Kihra » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Arjuna wrote:And When I tanked Muradin last Wednesday I stayed for two mages, and he was up at 35 stacks already, now you say he was up at 35 stacks at three mages? Just wondering how the "nuking of the ship" works a bit...

There are things you can do to minimize the time you spend on the enemy boat:

(1) Don't go over until the mage is coming out. Make sure DPS come over with you and are on that mage by the time the cannons freeze.
(2) Don't immediately pick up the enemy captain. Let him get mad and aggro first, start to run to people, and then taunt him to you. You buy precious time on the first mage kill where he isn't stacking at all if you aren't trigger-happy after jumping over.
(3) The mages are the priority. The adds on the friendly boat can die slowly, but the mage needs to die super fast. As long as the adds on the friendly boat die before the next set of adds come out, then that's fine. In a 10-man for example, you can literally just have 1 tank and 1 dps on the friendly boat adds and they will die in time.
Kihra

Postby Ardrhyst » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:54 am

Arjuna wrote:I'm confused...

This might be a bit of a nub-ish question, but...how the heck do you see how much "health" the enemy boat has left? And are there better or worse spots to shoot the cannons at the enemy ship?
Also, does the cannons scale with gear or are they static?

Because we did icc10 yesterday and it took forever compared to the week before (we had one dps in the cannons that hadn't been there before)...

And When I tanked Muradin last Wednesday I stayed for two mages, and he was up at 35 stacks already, now you say he was up at 35 stacks at three mages? Just wondering how the "nuking of the ship" works a bit...

There are health portraits for the ships on the right side of your screen, where the vehicle portrait usually shows up. You might have a mod that's lying over top of where they show.

In general, the cannons should be shot at the dorks on the opposing ship, as regardless of where you hit the ship it takes damage and you might as well do some additional damage on top of them. We always have our cannon gunners take aim at the mortar teams in the back, as the ranged cannot reach them from our ship.

As far as I know, the cannons are static. I could be wrong in this, because I have nothing beyond my own assumption, but I'm guessing they don't scale on gear.

As for Muradin, I've no clue.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby wingman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:43 am

So, our guild got I'm on A Boat in 25 man last night by doing just what Kihra and I have described. The tank and boarding party did nothing until the first mage came out. Once he came out he was zerged down as quickly as possible. Then heroism on the second mage. Then kill the third when he spawns and the tank and rest of the boarding party fly back to their original boat. Cannons finish off enemy boat right as or just before 4th mage spawns and freezes the cannons.
wingman

Postby sakkdaddy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:50 am

Groups 1-4 = 1 tank 4 dps each. Group 5 are just healers and heal the tank who crosses from the edge of the ship and never go across. This achievement is incredibly easy on 25man.

For 10man we had the tanks jump kiting around tanking two ice phases each.
sakkdaddy

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:12 pm

I never could kite muradin around, he'd just stand there and cast axes at me...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby inthedrops » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:24 pm

I'm the one that started this thread. We finally got the stupid achievement. Obviously we have no clue what our problem was. But on this last attempt we threw everything in the book at it including not using rocket packs EVER except to get over to the boat and back. We used to jump all around the boat before we started the event.

Anyway, I still think it's just bugged and the strats everyone is talking about is fine. There's just something funny going on.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 pm

I saw a post by someone stating that you can only use the rocket packs twice per person no matter what. Meaning that if you use the packs before the fight, you've screwed yourself out of the achievement.
Belloc

Postby Anorian » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:34 am

we had this achievement bug twice in a row so used a different strategy last time. Me and the other MT jumped across when the first mage spawned together with i think 3/4 dps and 2 healers. i got aggro on saurfang and jumped on the middle section making him throw the dot. On 10 stacks the other tank taunted and we just alternated throughout the fight, no need for jumping just spam heal the 2 tanks who take a max of about 15-20k ticks, the stacking buff on him does not apply to the ranged dot apparently making this very easy if you have some competent healing.
Anorian

Postby Jonlo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:53 am

I've heard pets getting stuck on the enemy boat can bug it out.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel