Solarian trash

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Solarian trash

Postby Zhelari » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:43 am

I'm pushing for my guild to make some attempts on this boss. I keep getting shot down about the trash being too difficult, but we have never attempted it. Is there anything special to note once you enter the hall after Alar's room?

The strat looks like it would be simple enough to execute if I can just convince people to go.
Zhelari - 70 BE Tankadin - Skullcrusher (US)
Zhelari

Re: Solarian trash

Postby Warrender » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:51 am

Zhelari wrote:I'm pushing for my guild to make some attempts on this boss. I keep getting shot down about the trash being too difficult, but we have never attempted it. Is there anything special to note once you enter the hall after Alar's room?

BTW, the people who say the Solarian trash is too difficult most likely did not have a good Prot Paladin in their group.

We make this trash EZmode. :lol:
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:24 am

simply Rofl

Trashs are all composed by 2 Squires + a bunch of AoEable mobs. Let hte other 2 tanks grab the Squires (you should have at least 2 more tanks in raid if u have gone VR or Al'Ar), and you pick the rest. You must pull in order to make it work.
There are also some patrols of 3 mobs, 2 of which are CCable.
And for the AoEpack near the 2 robots, pull the AoE pack first.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tiandelin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:16 am

Also, once you reach Solarian's room and deal with the two patrols, you might want to tell your mages and warlocks to wait until both packs of novices are on you before opening up. I usually end up losing a few due to seed explosions as the second group arrives, but our casters are so trigger happy that I think they would explode from internal pressure if we asked them to wait 5 seconds to engage.

The only really evil pulls are the group-MC mobs. We usually lose 1-2 people per pull because a couple rogues get MC'd and suddenly decide that a resto druid looks tasty.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Zhelari » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:08 am

Thanks for the replies. I'll just have to push them harder. :)
Zhelari - 70 BE Tankadin - Skullcrusher (US)
Zhelari

Postby Enkal » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:41 am

I just tank the squires + the regulars. No real difference to me altho I had to convince the warriors that they shouldnt taunt the squires of me (messed up the whole AoE thingy). Guess they dont like to just stand and watch hehe
Enkal

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:03 am

Tiandelin wrote:The only really evil pulls are the group-MC mobs. We usually lose 1-2 people per pull because a couple rogues get MC'd and suddenly decide that a resto druid looks tasty.
Taunt them and laugh at them splashing on your shield :D

We also lose 1 or 2 people on those patrols, but just because our DPS tend to kill the MCd person instead of CCing it :twisted:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rasmfrackn » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:04 pm

We finally finished up VR in a reasonable amount of time for once last night, and this trash seemed like a breeze compared to VR's room. Thanks much for the info here... the wowwiki was less than helpful. (Also, 3 or 4 weeks without any patterns, and we got 3 last night... 2 in this room! ... Wow, uncanny timing on that post and this edit, Invisusira.)

I noticed the melee was taking some heavy splash damage right at the start of the AE packs, and then it tapered off other than the rain of fires. What is that? Should they wait a few seconds before running in?

Is the mind control based on group? (Should we not have all the tanks in group 1, for example, lest they all get MCed together)

Do the squires hit lightly enough that I should just AE tank those too? What's the upside to that over having 2 other tanks hold them?
Last edited by Rasmfrackn on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Invisusira » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:07 pm

It's basically one big trash mob epic loot farming room.
Invisusira

Postby Dorvan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:12 pm

Only real advantage to OT'ing the squires is that they HoJ, which hurts your threat gen a bit. Other than that, no reason.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:11 pm

Dorvan wrote:Only real advantage to OT'ing the squires is that they HoJ, which hurts your threat gen a bit. Other than that, no reason.

Incorrect.

While you are stunned you can't dodge-parry-block. You are taking tons of additional damages.

Abominations on Hyjali teached me that.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:24 pm

Worldie wrote:
Dorvan wrote:Only real advantage to OT'ing the squires is that they HoJ, which hurts your threat gen a bit. Other than that, no reason.

Incorrect.

While you are stunned you can't dodge-parry-block. You are taking tons of additional damages.

True in general, but the damage put out on those pulls in particular isn't a big deal.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Worldie wrote:

Incorrect.

True in general, but the damage put out on those pulls in particular isn't a big deal.

This depends if you have some blood elves thinking that AoEsilence is a good thing...

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:37 am

Solarian is an easier fight than VR with a tankadin.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Balls » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:21 pm

Worldie wrote:
Tiandelin wrote:We also lose 1 or 2 people on those patrols, but just because our DPS tend to kill the MCd person instead of CCing it :twisted:

Reminds me, we once had an unprepared pull where our healers were all crammed up in the little doorway and our tank was running back. A fire mage was staring out there and next thing you know he gets cc'd and opens up with drgaonsbreath. Right on 6/8 healers and the MT. The results were not pleasant.

EDIT:
fuzzygeek wrote:Solarian is an easier fight than VR with a tankadin.

Depends bro. Our GM started threatening people with DKP reduction if they blew up the raid again. 5 fucking wipes because some idiot didn't hear the people screaming 'move' on vent.
Balls

Next

Return to Tempest Keep