Remove Advertisements

[25 Heroic] Twin Valkyr

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25 Heroic] Twin Valkyr

Postby maurok » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:45 am

I have some FR gear from BC (basically the BoJ gear and crafted helm, with the fire resist enchants and fire resist aura I'm sitting about 450 fire resist... is it enough to hit on white orbs (being with dark buff) and living through light vortex without getting any kind of worry?

how much is the fire resist cap? I could get more 2~3 FR pieces and get a little further from 500 FR
maurok

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:13 am

Why would you want FR for this? I'm puzzled.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:12 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Why would you want FR for this? I'm puzzled.

srsly, I tank the vortex and white orb spawns on 25MHeroic with no fire resist gear and I don't even blink
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby fafhrd » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:17 pm

All I can think of is he wants to soak both white and black orbs by being black and wearing FR while running around soaking.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby maurok » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:55 pm

fafhrd wrote:All I can think of is he wants to soak both white and black orbs by being black and wearing FR while running around soaking.

yes :P

I wouldn't be tanking the valks, I'd be a "perfect catcher" going after both orbs with dark buff without taking much dmg
maurok

Postby fafhrd » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:58 pm

We used to do the same with a DK going white and wearing BT SR gear. I don't think he has anything other than the crafted level 70 pieces, cloak + maybe helm enchant. He was usually fine I think, so you probably don't need max resists.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby kanst » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:52 pm

maurok wrote:
fafhrd wrote:All I can think of is he wants to soak both white and black orbs by being black and wearing FR while running around soaking.

yes :P

I wouldn't be tanking the valks, I'd be a "perfect catcher" going after both orbs with dark buff without taking much dmg

I do this every week, with absolutely no changes to gear...we always have me and a feral druid soaking. You just run into orbs like mad, and as long as your not an idiot and know how to slow down when your health is low its no issue. Pallies just put beacon on a soaker and spam the tanks
kanst

Postby Joanadark » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 pm

Changes:

Locks hellfireing for stacks no longer works
Pre-interrupting heals no longer works
Possible slight shield HP nerf.
Possible slight vortex damage nerf.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Wrathy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Joanadark wrote:Changes:

Locks hellfireing for stacks no longer works
Pre-interrupting heals no longer works
Possible slight shield HP nerf.
Possible slight vortex damage nerf.

I would have to look through some of the parses, but I can definitely tell you that our raid stayed a LOT higher in hp when the vortex of the opposite color went off. That fight seemed to get easier than before. We beat it in a best time, and the shields were down before they were half way through the cast (even with the same color aura).
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:12 pm

Wrathy wrote:I would have to look through some of the parses, but I can definitely tell you that our raid stayed a LOT higher in hp when the vortex of the opposite color went off. That fight seemed to get easier than before. We beat it in a best time, and the shields were down before they were half way through the cast (even with the same color aura).

Yeah, I hesitate to jump on the "they deep breathe less" bandwagon, but we had a bit of a fail-night through ToGC25, and what should have been a wipe after some... "creative play" ended up as a fairly smooth kill. I suppose we were due.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:31 am

We did our usual "no one changes colors" thing, a bit nervous at the pally raid-wall changes that made it possible before, but one shotted it with no deaths and a really fast kill compared to the usual ones (no one getting empowered tends to hurt rDPS). Part of that was probably that several classes had their DPS buffed, but it does feel like something about the fight was nerfed.

I also got top DPS, which doesn't usually happen :D
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Neara » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:01 pm

The Divine Sacrifice change actually made Twins easier for my raid doing door-tac. We nearly always have at least 4 Paladins raiding. First group we put in the rogues, hunters etc. classes that can survive wrong vortex without help. 2nd and 3rd group is white, 4th and 5th group black, in each of the 4 groups is a pally with the other color.

Raid DPS is half/half, so shields are never a problem. Divine Sac absorbs more per group, so people nearly never die. Retris do more dmg as they DSac without bubble and get all the nice stacks of their group.
Neara

Postby Dasphunk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:15 am

Neara wrote:The Divine Sacrifice change actually made Twins easier for my raid doing door-tac. We nearly always have at least 4 Paladins raiding. First group we put in the rogues, hunters etc. classes that can survive wrong vortex without help. 2nd and 3rd group is white, 4th and 5th group black, in each of the 4 groups is a pally with the other color.

Raid DPS is half/half, so shields are never a problem. Divine Sac absorbs more per group, so people nearly never die. Retris do more dmg as they DSac without bubble and get all the nice stacks of their group.

Really depends on the raid makeup, it made it harder depending on the amount of paladins the raid has. The less you have, the harder it is. The raid takes more damage if using the improved DS with only one pally. Also, ret or pally tanks may not wanna respec to get improved DS to get the raid wide bubble.
Dasphunk

Postby Belloc » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Dasphunk wrote:Also, ret or pally tanks may not wanna respec to get improved DS to get the raid wide bubble.

If that's the case, too fucking bad. Heroic mode raids mean that players might have to do things that they don't want to do. My two specs have been Prot and Prot-Twin-Val'kyr for a few months now. I don't like it, but the raid needs it.

If a raid member is not willing to spec for the raid, they do not deserve their raid spot.
Belloc

Postby Avengeance » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:20 pm

I cant imagine any prots not picking up divine guardian along the way - thers nothing else worth taking (dont say reckoning....)
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon