Talon King Ikiss

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Suikano » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:32 pm

Pillar dodging ftw
Suikano

Postby Gray » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:22 pm

Dont know, but i don't find this guy hard to tank, but saying that, i've played with the exact same group for the past 9 months now, so we all know each other's game by heart.

I tank him in the doorway too, NOBODY touches him after the arcane explosion until i've fully regained agg, once i have, they go to town, popping every trinket nuking like mad. Not really a hard fight but a pointless instance for just two badges
Gray

Postby Quean » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:42 am

...you can reset him? O.O
Quean

Postby Skrilla » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:08 pm

Quean wrote:So, I haven't tried this, but a friend of mine was in a pug a few weeks ago, and they had a new strategy:
You pull him right near the doorway of his room and fight him there. This way, when he does his AE, everyone just runs out the door and around the wall, so you're all together for heals and getting aggro back. He said it worked phenomenally and was the smoothest kill he's had.
I'd say give it a try :D

Have tried this strategy the past few times and can confirm it works :)
Skrilla

Postby fudomyou » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:15 pm

Gray wrote:Not really a hard fight but a pointless instance for just two badges

Do the instance with a druid who is on or has done the epic flight quest and not only does it become a standard 3-badge run, you also have a chance to get the awesome raven lord mount. Totally worth it with a druid.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Eanin » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 am

I leave everyone but the healer sheeped if the healer is having mana problems. If not, I just cleanse everyone. Really easy with a mouseover macro.
Eanin

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:06 am

Quean wrote:...you can reset him? O.O

He leashes back into his room if you take him too far into the previous room.

Bubble ftw.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Yeti » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:01 pm

I have always used the pillars, but I'm sure there are easier ways.

One recent try we lost our 3 dps, and I was left tanking with a tree druid healing me. "Let's keep going!"

We slowly but surely brought him from 40% to 5% (prot pally dps!), dodging the AoE behind the pillars, I cleansed Poly, and we were easily staying ahead of the damage. I suspect we outgeared him a bit.

We could have downed him, but we were concerned that the others would not get their badges (they had released assuming a wipe), so we died on purpose. Otherwise, we could have 2-manned it from 40%.

Yeti
Yeti

Postby Hammerjudge » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:18 am

Taeron wrote:For this fight I wear PvP insignia...

If I get polymorphed after first teleport, I use the trinket (since I usually still have Forbearance).

If I get polymorphed after second teleport, I use bubble.

Good tip on the pvp badges.

I have tanked this guy twice now and both times, mainly due to frustration with wipes late at night, have abandoned. Last night particularly I had trouble regaining agro after his blink/aoe.

I read the thread here and its encouraging to hear I'm following the same strategies largely as more experienced tanks.

The problem I had was the same as Kalilah.

Kalilah wrote:The problem was, every time I ran out of the corner to go pick him up again after the AoE, he immediately polymorphed me. We figured somehow I wasn't first on the aggro list right after the attack (supposedly he doesn't poly the person who's first on his aggro list), so we said, "Okay guys, no HoTs, no DoTs, we do NOTHING until Kal picks up aggro." Again, I run out there, I get polyed. I even tried the trick where you drop Consecrate, just did it right in the doorway so he'd likely run through it after the AoE, it didn't seem to make a difference.

This happened to me a lot too. Very annoying. I've read he sheeps his 2nd threat target. Why I was not #1 makes no sense to me either. I was hitting him, everyone else was waiting politely.

I even had SoV and probably some Lichen Guard procs on him.

Any ideas?
Hammerjudge
Maintankadonor

Postby Balanor » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:31 am

Hammerjudge wrote:I have tanked this guy twice now and both times, mainly due to frustration with wipes late at night, have abandoned. Last night particularly I had trouble regaining agro after his blink/aoe.

I read the thread here and its encouraging to hear I'm following the same strategies largely as more experienced tanks.

The problem I had was the same as Kalilah.

Kalilah wrote:The problem was, every time I ran out of the corner to go pick him up again after the AoE, he immediately polymorphed me. We figured somehow I wasn't first on the aggro list right after the attack (supposedly he doesn't poly the person who's first on his aggro list), so we said, "Okay guys, no HoTs, no DoTs, we do NOTHING until Kal picks up aggro." Again, I run out there, I get polyed. I even tried the trick where you drop Consecrate, just did it right in the doorway so he'd likely run through it after the AoE, it didn't seem to make a difference.

This happened to me a lot too. Very annoying. I've read he sheeps his 2nd threat target. Why I was not #1 makes no sense to me either. I was hitting him, everyone else was waiting politely.

I even had SoV and probably some Lichen Guard procs on him.

Any ideas?

^^ This

I tried it last night too and was losing agro like crazy and suspect its because the DPS weren't waiting for me to reestablish agro after the arcane blast. I even put on some threat gear (since he didnt hit too hard) hoping that would help a bit. Its so frigging frustrating making it that far and clearing so much trash only to wipe over and over again on this guy.

And yeah, that should probably be in the Post your Frustrations post :D
Balanor

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:00 am

For this guy, the pvp trinket will help.
DPSers can usually get the violet badge for this fight, eases a bit on the healer.

I keep my cleanse button ready to de-morph everyone that gets sheeped, this way he goes down faster.

LoS on the arcane explosion through the pillars, make your dpsers stick together and it should be good.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics