How to Make Money in WOTLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: How to Make Money in WOTLK?

Postby Scarzi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:02 pm

2-man ZG AQ20 MC /w a DPS that can heal themselves.
700g a week in 2 hours from boss gold/AQ20 books sell for 10g each/rep items
+ the odd 60 want to be taken on the run for some gold extra 300g

5-man BWL
350g each

Ony Solo
About 150g+ depending on blue BoE drops

Classic raiding is still in!

1k+ every week for bringing back old memories 4 hours or less to complete

Also, doing these every week will give you 4 more factions to be exalted with when the 40 exalted achievement comes out for drake. :D
Last time I checked, 38% dodge is better then stacking stamina.
Scarzi

Postby Discus » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:04 am

Tried AQ20 after several recommendations in my how do you make gold thread. Fcatoring in the huge amount of travel time it really wasn't worth it - maybe 200g/hr max, the drops don't sell in my realm.

I've tried everything now and NOTHING recommended in maintankadin or in any of the blogs like Goblin etc even comes close to the G/Hr-1 I used to make aoe farming supplicants at 70 (this was mainly down to the very valuable JC patterns they regularly dropped, obviously these are near worthless now).

Every forum thread and every blog is full of people saying how easy it is to make G in WotLK and they are not wrong. But hold them down to details and strip away the boasting and you'll find they make all their money simply by hours of farming/playing the AH or using professions. The fact seems to be Gold per hour rates have barely changed from level 70 to 80 which, given the astronomical cost of lvl 80 BoE epics etc actually means Gold is much harder to come by at level 80 than level 70.

Of course I'd love to be proved wrong...
Discus

Postby sherck » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:53 am

Discus wrote: The fact seems to be Gold per hour rates have barely changed from level 70 to 80 which, given the astronomical cost of lvl 80 BoE epics etc actually means Gold is much harder to come by at level 80 than level 70.

Of course I'd love to be proved wrong...

That is an interesting observation.

I would say that making gold for MOST purposes in WoTLK is darn easy....daily quests pay you between 8-26 gold each, most professions have a craft on a 20 hour timer that you can make at least 100 gold per day from (mine is Epic Gem transmutes....about 140 gold profit on each one right now). Heck, just grinding can easily make you a couple hundred gold in an hour or two.

BUT, that pays for everything except BoE / Crafted gear. WoTLK is the easiest patch to just have jingle money in your pocket. But to purchase the really GOOD stuff, you have to be willing to spend thousands and thousands of gold for it.

And that is the hard part.

Good observation, however. I typically have around 3-5k gold at any one time and that fulfills all my needs (except gearing up a new alt), but I never have the money for the really shiny top tier BoE on the AH that I drool over.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Fugg » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:45 am

Buy Star's Tears for 8Honor and sell them for 25Silver.

32Honor = 1Gold
32k Honor = 1k Gold

But honestly I think this will get fixed soon.
Fugg

Postby hoho » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:54 am

Fugg wrote:Buy Star's Tears for 8Honor and sell them for 25Silver.
I think I just found out what to do with those ~1k stonekeeper's shards I have on 2-3 chars ^^
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Njall » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:26 am

Be a male dwarf and threaten to dance on a mailbox naked unless paid.

I've been making a fair bit on transmuting Saronite Bars into Titanium Bars. The price on them is much lower (they now sell for around 20 gp on my server) and the price of Saronite Bars has risen to around 2.5 gp BUT Saronite Ore is selling for about .6 GP each.

I had saved up about 400 saronite ore and converted it to bars on the weekend and was able to sell most of the resulting titanium bars for around 25 gp before the price dropped.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:58 am

hoho wrote:
Fugg wrote:Buy Star's Tears for 8Honor and sell them for 25Silver.
I think I just found out what to do with those ~1k stonekeeper's shards I have on 2-3 chars ^^

Looks like they cost 1g +8 honor now. If you look at some of the comments on wowhead for this item, there's a oforum thread linked where a blue basically removed all reference to the process as well heh.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Milius » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:21 am

Awww, i had used that for a nice bit of gold, Some people in this game are just stupid enough to buy it xD
Milius

Previous

Return to WotLK