how much threat do you pull?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: how much threat do you pull?

Postby Shathus » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:25 am

What about swapping the T9 ret libram for a 'normal' tank libram? Or does this fall under the same vein of swapping a dps weapon for more threat on a progression fight as well?

Nice to see someone else from Staghelm, even if you are a filthy alliance dog =P
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:03 am

Shathus wrote:What about swapping the T9 ret libram for a 'normal' tank libram? Or does this fall under the same vein of swapping a dps weapon for more threat on a progression fight as well?

This is not only ok, but encouraged. The 200 strength libram is a very, very powerful tps tool, and you should use it quite often. Now while it could still be debated on whether or not you should use it for a progression fight, it does not have a glaring down side. It is your choice if you prefer mitigation (e.g. 200 str gives you block value) or avoidance from the 200 dodge rating.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:21 am

Wrathy wrote:This is not only ok, but encouraged. The 200 strength libram is a very, very powerful tps tool, and you should use it quite often. Now while it could still be debated on whether or not you should use it for a progression fight, it does not have a glaring down side. It is your choice if you prefer mitigation (e.g. 200 str gives you block value) or avoidance from the 200 dodge rating.

Good to know. I've been wearing it for heroics lately (though with spec'ing into SoComm, guess it'll go back to my block libram) and just wasn't sure if it was a real option of ICC stuff or not. I recently switched out my T9.10 helm for the non-tier one and was a little worried about the threat stat loss there so the 200 str would be a good way to counteract that then. At least i'm exp (soft) capped and have 6% hit atm so I feel pretty good there.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Serv » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:27 pm

It will stay a valid option for me a long time. It will alway depent on many factors, wether you chose strength or avoidance. Not only the encounter, but I doubt until the final bosses of ICC i won't switch to avoidance. There is no slot where I can get 200 Strength that easy.
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Postby Grannus » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:45 am

Anywhere between 9-11k TPS in a mix of 258/264.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/10653779#damagetaken Combat log of Lord Marrowgar 25 that made world top 20 tps.
Grannus

Postby Serv » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:13 am

I have to admint, the how much threat do you pull always sounds like a e-peen thread to me, when browsing to advanced training boards. So before posting the log to Lord Jaraxxus 25hc, i want to give you the story that lead us to this.
Recently we gave a trial spot to a feral druid, whos been achieving 50 tries left Yogg+0 and all the hardmodes, but wants to step down and do some casual raiding. Since we only raid 3 times a week, he apllied to my guild. These days he has been arguing with me, that it is imposible for me to pull 6 to 7k DPS on a pack with 5 Mobs or more and calling me a liar for saying I am able to pull off 4100 dps as a tank on Jaraxxus.

I proved him wrong for everything he called me a liar and since this Jaraxxus kill he isn't that loud anymore.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8n7e ... 202&e=2516 - 5500 DPS as a tank.

I gotta admit, Jaraxxus was never ever a serious problem when it comes down to tank damage, so i gemmed some older gear with pure strentgh, which should explain, why my melee hits are so high ( though I'm not quiet sure.)
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations