Remove Advertisements

How many tankadins is too many?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Coristad » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:50 am

I think public opinion is slowly beginning to shift in my guild and the leadership is finally finding a use for tankadins. So far, I'm the only one, which is nice for me. I'm curious if anyone is in a multi-tankadin guild, and how is it working out for the guild?
Coristad

Re: How many tankadins is too many?

Postby Vanifae » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:51 am

Coristad wrote:I think public opinion is slowly beginning to shift in my guild and the leadership is finally finding a use for tankadins. So far, I'm the only one, which is nice for me. I'm curious if anyone is in a multi-tankadin guild, and how is it working out for the guild?

You don't need more then really 2 Protection specced tanks in a 25 man raid.

Warriors or paladins.
Last edited by Vanifae on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby sindorei » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:53 am

2 warriors/2pally/2druids
sindorei

Postby Igrado » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:07 am

We had just the rigth amount, but Vanifae came along and we've been screwed ever since.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:08 am

Igrado wrote:

We had just the rigth amount, but Vanifae came along and we've been screwed ever since.

I am the Destroyer of Worlds.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Liesha » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 am

We are a little odd in my guild actually in the fact that we have 3 protadins and 1 druids but no war tanks raiding.

A lot of the Wars rerolled or went dps after TBC
Liesha

Postby Caelia » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:55 am

my guild has 2 ferals, 1 prot pally (me) and 1 prot warrior who occasionally shows up who is undergeared. its nice getting all the tank drops tho i still have those nasty ferals rolling against me on trinkets/rings/necks :P
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Balls » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:58 am

Our guild has 2 active Prot Pallies and one on hiatus.

I was just getting used to getting first dibs on all the T4 pieces by being DKP happy oo. Now I have to stay ahead of the other guy for Aldori Legacy Defender :(.
Balls

Postby Zand » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:14 am

The way we work our raids is a bit different, but our "raiding" tanks are

1 Protection Warrior - MT (OT's some fights)
1 Protection Paladin (me!) - OT (MT some fights...our 1st Leo Kill on Monday!)
2 Feral Druids - OT's
1 Hybrid Fury/Prot spec Warrior - Occasionally OT's (used to be our primary OT and was full Prot spec).
1 Arms Spec Warrior - Rarely OT's.

We have one other person in the Guild who is a Prot Paladin, but he can't commit to the raids as much.
Clan Imbrium - Moved to Greymane!
Zandvor - Paladin Class Leader, Tankadin
Navaj - Warrior, Fury dps extraordinare
Zian - N00b Druid....
Delance - Future Death Knight
Don't ask...I just like tanks.
Zand

Postby Erlata » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:15 am

We have 2 druids 2 warriors and one prot pala (me) to be honest if your active then there is no need to have more then oneprot pala in a guild as i haven't found a time where you would want 2 in a raid at the same time.
Erlata

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:27 am

Depends on what you're doing really, 2 prot paladins in Hyjal for example basically means one of them isn't doing anything.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:34 am

We have 1 warrior, 1 paladin, and a few bears. We have some DPS warriors that can tank, and a hunter with a pretty well geared tankadin, so we have plenty of options if one of the core tank group can't make it.

Having multiple tankadins isn't a bad thing if you can't commit to 100% raid attendance.

It also helps if you're really good at your class.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Makaijin » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:05 am

Vanifae wrote:I am the Destroyer of Worlds.

Don't be so modest. I always saw you as The Great Apocalypse.
Makaijin

Postby Brute » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:23 am

I would definately reccomend having multiple geared prot pallies in your guild, though usually not in a raid (unless they all out-gear the warriors/instance).

Some encounters are trivialized w/ a prot pally, but you only NEED one, generally. However, to expect that one person to come to every freaking raid and it be either a no-go or a nightmare if they're not there isn't fair to him/her. You should have a back-up, either as an alternative prot pally or a holy pally that's willing to step up here and there.
Brute

Postby Lalecize » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:34 am

My guild has a feral druid and a prot warrior.

The prot warrior has been MIA lateley and the feral druid likes his holy pally too much.

So me the dedicated rogue rolled a pallytank....now i just have to get it to 70!
Lalecize

Next

Return to General