Remove Advertisements

[10] Deathbringer Saurfang

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Deathbringer Saurfang

Postby Rothes » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:13 am

Anyone have any tips on this? We couldn't get him this week. He seemed to have three people marked about the time he frenzied... it all fell apart from there for us.

The only thing I know we missed was having a priest actively bubble blood boil targets to help prevent blood stacks.
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Re: [10] Deathbringer Saurfang

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 am

If you're at three marks before frenzy you either don't have enough dps or he's getting too many blood points.

Are you guys spread out to make sure that blood bath thing only hits one person?
Are you tanks switching when they get debuffed with the self heal to Saurfang?
Do you have kiters for the blood beasts to ensure nobody gets melee hit by them?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Argali » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 am

Every time he hits a tank, each marked person takes 5k? So when he frenzies and gets a 30% attack speed increase, the healers need to be sure to pick the healing up.
Argali

Postby Rothes » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Argali wrote:Every time he hits a tank, each marked person takes 5k? So when he frenzies and gets a 30% attack speed increase, the healers need to be sure to pick the healing up.

Yep we got that down and eventually hit the enrage timer which is apparently at 8 min. I think we didn't have enough ranged (only 2). So, we had to have melee break off the boss and help with beasts which lead us to not enough dps on the boss. This also lead to blood nova hitting people cause the melee were running around. Hopefully this week with 1 more ranged this won't be an issue.
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby honorshammer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:45 pm

The fight is all about execution. Ranged has to get aggro on the Blood Beasts quick and people need to spread out to minimize the amount of people that Blood Boil is going to hit.

Also, avoid the temptation to call for DPS to burn him at 5% or less when the Blood Beasts spawn. They can still wipe you at that point and the healing from them will push the phase too long.

If Ranged does their part well, it's not a hard fight. If they don't it can seem impossible.

Our Ranged did such an awesome job on our kill that we only got one Mark and an achievement to boot.
honorshammer

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 pm

I had ALL my dps level off the boss and dps down the adds immediately when they spawned. A mage and deathknight kited one each and the dps killed one, then the other, then went back to the boss.

We also only hit one mark.

The faster you get the adds down, the more time you'll have everyone back on the boss.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Valkia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Kiting the adds isn't as big of a deal on 10 man, we tanked the adds and had all dps blow them up as fast as they could. The key is to make sure that you spread your ranged and healers out.

Once we figured out to spread out, we killed him no problem with tanking the adds, we only had 2 marks at the end so we got the achievement.

The DPS in my guild is nothing amazing so if everyone in your group is having a really hard time kiting the adds, just try tanking them to get a kill. We used 2 tanks so it was really easy to grab the adds, just had the tank that didnt have Saurfang do it.
"I would rather suffer 40 seconds of bloodlust and feel sorry about it for 10 min than be Heroic for 40 seconds and a coward rest of the time." Go Horde.
Valkia

Postby honorshammer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Valkia wrote:Kiting the adds isn't as big of a deal on 10 man, we tanked the adds and had all dps blow them up as fast as they could. The key is to make sure that you spread your ranged and healers out.

Once we figured out to spread out, we killed him no problem with tanking the adds, we only had 2 marks at the end so we got the achievement.

The DPS in my guild is nothing amazing so if everyone in your group is having a really hard time kiting the adds, just try tanking them to get a kill. We used 2 tanks so it was really easy to grab the adds, just had the tank that didnt have Saurfang do it.

I'd be curious what your gear level was for that strategy. I'd imagine a 232/245 guild would have some trouble pulling that off, but a 245/258 might very well be able to do it.
honorshammer

Postby Valkia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:36 pm

honorshammer wrote:I'd be curious what your gear level was for that strategy. I'd imagine a 232/245 guild would have some trouble pulling that off, but a 245/258 might very well be able to do it.

My whole raid is 232/245 geared, we have never seen the inside of TotGC 25. Really, saurfang does not hit that hard so we found it easier to grab them and blow them up, this way all the melee was on them too. You can armory me if you are curious about gear, character: Valkia realm: Cenarion Circle
"I would rather suffer 40 seconds of bloodlust and feel sorry about it for 10 min than be Heroic for 40 seconds and a coward rest of the time." Go Horde.
Valkia

Postby Rothes » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Valkia wrote:
honorshammer wrote:I'd be curious what your gear level was for that strategy. I'd imagine a 232/245 guild would have some trouble pulling that off, but a 245/258 might very well be able to do it.

My whole raid is 232/245 geared, we have never seen the inside of TotGC 25. Really, saurfang does not hit that hard so we found it easier to grab them and blow them up, this way all the melee was on them too. You can armory me if you are curious about gear, character: Valkia realm: Cenarion Circle

My guild is mostly 232 gear. We didn't get anything killed in ToGC 10 and don't do 25s aside from a few pugs. Do you think this is still possible?
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby Tubben » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Thats how we did it: 2 Tanks, 3 Healers, 5 DPS.

After the bloodbeasts spawned, they got tanked and burned down.

Simple.

Gave us this "speedkill" achivment also.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2f9716pf ... 219&e=8511
Tubben

Postby glorfindell » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Tubben wrote:Thats how we did it: 2 Tanks, 3 Healers, 5 DPS.

After the bloodbeasts spawned, they got tanked and burned down.

Simple.

Gave us this "speedkill" achivment also.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2f9716pf ... 219&e=8511

Alternatively - since you are having problems hitting bot the hard enrage (berserk) and soft enrage (too many marks) - you can try going to two healers. The damage is easily two-healable until you get 3 marks, and that extra dps should reduce the number of marks you need to deal with by killing both the boss and adds faster.
glorfindell

Postby ulushnar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Our kill was 2 tanks, 2 healers and 4 ranged dps (one resto shaman went elemental for the fight) and 2 melee (my unholy DK and a Rogue).

Since we didn't have a Hunter for traps, we used Druid Roots and slowing totem on one beast whilst the ranged dps wailed on the other. Melee DPS never left the boss, but I did use Pestilence to get my diseases (including Ebon Plaguebringer) up on the adds.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Ryyu » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:21 pm

We used one tank who stacked the hell out of all pure avoidence (parry/dodge/Def), Being mostly in anub add gear. you dont need more than 40k hp buffed, he melees for sod all even with 90 BP and enrage. We mannaged to down the boss before a 2nd mark on 10, and dident need a second tank.

Hope this helps.
Ryyu

Postby True » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:16 am

Last week we tried kiting to minimize blood effects. This week we kept the adds in melee...which worked much better.

We used two tanks to rotate off the healing debuff. Our warrior tank stood on the platform a little to the right. My pally tank stood on edge of the platform, slightly on the stairs basically right in front of where Saurfang spawns. Melee was on the platform a little to the left. So, all of us were in a triangle around the boss.

I Consecrated continuously and saved my Avenger's Shield for add spawns. As soon as they spawned, I hit an AS. That gave me initial aggro. Our hunter marked one of the two adds, and while I held him, the ranged burned him down. They then switched to the second add.

My goal was not to permanently root the adds...rather I wanted initial aggro...enough to hold them for 3 seconds. If one got loose at full speed, I taunted it...giving enough time for the ranged to kill it before it got back to me.

We used 2 healers + a shadow priest to execute this. We took one Mark, and that person died. But, we got the achievement on the kill.

One note...have your other tank call out when it is time to switch on Saurfang. Often, I was focusing so much on the adds, I missed when I needed to taunt Saurfang.

Good luck!
True

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel