Remove Advertisements

Heroic OK Daily?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Heroic OK Daily?

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:10 am

I have noticed a frustration that by now most people will probably agree with.

Using this new LFG random heroic tool is nice but if you get H OK you can't run outside of the portal and pick up the daily (25g) and then zone back in, it will just port you to wherever you took the Q from.

Now some people say "Well just go pick the quest up before you Q up" Even if you do this you still have to take the time to fly back down and turn it in.

I would assume it might be simpler if they made it kind of like the quests in UK or UP. Enter the dungeon and some person who seems somewhat 'hidden or disquised' gives you the quest once you port in along with maybe the option to actually turn the quest into another 'hidden or disquised' NPC near the alter, or the simpler option of making the alter a turn in point. Have the body, click it and the quest text is "Burn the body of..." take your reward..

Does anyone else have any ideas, or frustrations about this issue (or am I just to picky/lazy?)

*Edit for typoz*
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: Heroic OK Daily?

Postby Hokahey » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 pm

I'll say you're being too picky/lazy. :lol:

Compare the time spent for 1 trip every 1 to 2 days down to the Pit of Narjun, vs. the time spent/wasted flying to various instances, waiting for summons, waiting for others to accept summons, that guy that just went afk as soon as the group filled and hasn't come back in 15 minutes, etc.

I think you'll find the modest time inconvenience (10 minutes, if you're slow about it/get lost) is far less substantial to the amount of time you wasted previously just getting getting a group into each instance you ran. Plus, you don't *have* to do it, and you don't have to use LFG and get ported there.

The quest itself is only worth a little more than 20g. It awards no rep, and no items, and requires you to be lvl 80 to do it, so no XP. Either that is worth the trip or not.
Hokahey

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Huh. Interesting. When I hit OK yesterday, the daily popped up on my screen. Possibly one clever, clever puggly had it in their quest log and shared it.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:36 pm

Never really been a problem for me. Just doing the instance awards 13g anyway.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Njall wrote:Huh. Interesting. When I hit OK yesterday, the daily popped up on my screen. Possibly one clever, clever puggly had it in their quest log and shared it.

I have this quest in my log and am too lazy to go turn it in, so I share it when I get fed OK. Woo.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:22 pm

I think that your situation seems almost easier than having to edit in extra NPC's and so on.. Just trigger a quest pop up when you zone in.. or possibly make the corpse a "This item begins a quest"... very simple and easier.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Njall wrote:Huh. Interesting. When I hit OK yesterday, the daily popped up on my screen. Possibly one clever, clever puggly had it in their quest log and shared it.

Hmm. All through 3.3 it was impossible to share quests inside instances - have they fixed that now?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:01 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:

Hmm. All through 3.3 it was impossible to share quests inside instances - have they fixed that now?

Apparently so. I'll have to test it tonight.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:01 am

I believe it was not possible to share the Heroic/Dungeon Dailies that you picked up in Dalaran while inside the dungeon.

The daily OK quest might have always been sharable, personally I don't remember.

However, I was able to confirm that you can share the quest inside of the dungeon.
Shyrtandros

Postby vegardhv » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 am

Shyrtandros wrote:I believe it was not possible to share the Heroic/Dungeon Dailies that you picked up in Dalaran while inside the dungeon.

The daily OK quest might have always been sharable, personally I don't remember.

However, I was able to confirm that you can share the quest inside of the dungeon.

Never get to complete that quest anyhow, someone always wants to do the "save the elders" achievement, and we never one shot that - which means the corpse is lost :(
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:07 am

I tried to share it inside the dungeon and could not. It makes me feel guilty slouching off at the end to finish it when the group is disbanding.

EDIT: tonight I could share the quest.

I always pick it up, as it is an easy 22g (sweetening an otherwise unattractive dungeon).
econ21

Return to General Strats