Remove Advertisements

Death Knight Understudy

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Death Knight Understudy

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:00 pm

I was doing the weekly raid with my guild last night and was quite perturbed to discover that I couldn't taunt the adds on Instructor Razuvius. What gives? I know I was taunting them the last time I did Naxx25 (before Ulduar was released, so pre-3.1?). Is this a new bug, something that's been around for a while, or is my memory of this fight just wrong?

Our DK said Raz hits like a girl (he ended up picking him up on the previous attempt that resulted in failure after taunts were determined to be immune and not just diminishing returns), so we let him give it a go. We ended up just having the priests use their Understudy until it died then taking one of the other two off me rather than switching priests like they did before.

Feel really lame having to post about this in an old content forum, but I searched for "taunt" and saw nothing mentioning taunt immunity in these sub-forums. Don't want others to be taken off-guard, thinking it's the same old strat.
Jerey-Darkspear

Re: Death Knight Understudy

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:03 pm

The last time I did Naxx25, around midway through 3.2, the understudies were taunt-immune. Which was hilarious because I had a druid screaming at me in vent "taunt! taunt! taunt!" and me calming stating "they're immune."
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Hmm. Been that way a while now then. Guess it's working as intended or they would've fixed it already...:lol:
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:21 am

Quite a long time ago, yeah.

The idea is to move the mob to max range and re-MC it before it gets back.
Belloc

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon