Remove Advertisements

Divine Sarcifice macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Divine Sarcifice macro

Postby Shathus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:28 pm

With the 3.3 changes to DS/DG there was a lot of talk about writing a cancel macro to remove the DS effect but keep the 6 seconds raid wall. This should be something simple, but I am just retarded and didn't see anything on the forums

I had made one :
Code: Select all
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice

but the cancel part doesnt seem to work. I'm guessing because DS is on the GCD? Is the solution just to make the macro do the /cancelaura and click that after popping DS?

TIA
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:34 pm

theckhd wrote:FYI, I just checked and Divine Guardian does indead remain if you right click off Divine Sacrifice.

However, my macro wasn't successfully removing DSac itself with /cancelaura. I'll let you know if I find a workaround.

The best I was able to come up with so far is:
Code: Select all
#show
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/in 0.5 /script CancelUnitBuff("player","Divine Sacrifice")

Which cancels Divine Sac .5 seconds after you cast it. I wasn't able to get it working for /in 0.2, I'll mess around with it a little more to see whether I can get it to work for any intermediate value, or whether it's limited to integers.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Meyrinn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:20 pm

I just use:

/cast Divine Sacrifice

and just tap the button a few times.
Meyrinn

Postby _Chloe » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:56 am

Meyrinn wrote:I just use:

/cast Divine Sacrifice

and just tap the button a few times.

btw wherever theckd wrote that, you cant use /in when using spells or anything else, only messages in which a group you are a part of, ie raid raid warning guild etc
_Chloe

Postby steadypal » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:13 pm

what are these changes exactly? and do we need to use the cancel aura macro or can we simply just pop dsac?
steadypal

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:48 pm

When you cast DSac, you and the raid get a separate buff called Divine Guardian that reduces damage taken by 20%. If you cancel DSac via a cancelaura macro, The Divine Guardian buff persists.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:When you cast DSac, you and the raid get a separate buff called Divine Guardian that reduces damage taken by 20%. If you cancel DSac via a cancelaura macro, The Divine Guardian buff persists.

which macro do you use? i tried thecks and it didnt work...

and is this working as intended or will it be changed?

and do you have to use divine shield with it? what is this macro used?

oh just checked spell book, hit dsac and im getting a "you cant do that yet" message and its not going off, any ideas?
steadypal

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:12 pm

You must be in a Party to use DSac. I just use a cancelaura macro. You don't need to bubble anymore, since you just turn off the damage redirect and keep the damage reduction. Yeah, as far as I know, it's intended.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:14 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:You must be in a Party to use DSac. I just use a cancelaura macro. You don't need to bubble anymore, since you just turn off the damage redirect and keep the damage reduction. Yeah, as far as I know, it's intended.

its intended to pop it and cancel it so we take no dmg but take 20% less dmg for 6 seconds?

doesnt sound right to me,,

which macro do you use

/cast Divine Sacrifice

?
steadypal

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:31 pm

It's intended for the 20% damage reduction to persist after Divine Sacrifice fades. The damage reduction is more powerful if you don't turn DSac off, but you run the risk of killing yourself if you use it while taking damage.

Yes, that is the macro I use. It works just like the Divine Shield fear-break macro. You spam it and it'll turn it on and then off right after.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:23 pm

I've been manually right clicking just because I haven't gotten around to creating a macro, but I don't think I've ever seen the "Divine Guardian" buff on myself, just "Divine Sacrifice". I'll pay closer attention next time to confirm.
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby Chicken » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:01 am

You do definitely get both buffs. I've also found DivSac is pretty usable even without cancelling the damage redirection effect of it, even in extreme cases like the entire rest of the group you're in having Mark of the Fallen Champion while you're tanking.
Chicken

Postby steadypal » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:30 pm

/cast Divine Sacrifice

we sure that works? cause i click it the 2nd time, and the buff icon goes away, are we sure we are still getting 20% dr for the remaining seconds that we dont see counting down?

or do you need to have points into imp divine guardian and not just 1 into dsac?
steadypal

Postby Invisusira » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:55 pm

#show
/cast Divine Sacrifice

That is my macro. You just hit it once, and it works FANTASTICALLY. I recommend everyone pick it up - in case you're confused, Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian are two separate buffs that both activate (provided you have all the talent points) when you hit DSac.

The Divine Sacrifice buff is party-wide and re-directs damage to you.

The Divine Guardian buff is raid-wide and does NOT redirect ANY damage to you, it simply reduces raid damage taken by 20%!
Invisusira

Postby steadypal » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Invisusira wrote:#show
/cast Divine Sacrifice

That is my macro. You just hit it once, and it works FANTASTICALLY. I recommend everyone pick it up - in case you're confused, Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian are two separate buffs that both activate (provided you have all the talent points) when you hit DSac.

The Divine Sacrifice buff is party-wide and re-directs damage to you.

The Divine Guardian buff is raid-wide and does NOT redirect ANY damage to you, it simply reduces raid damage taken by 20%!

so if i want that nice 20% DR, i need to spec 2/2 imp divine guardian correct? and if i dont have that specced, i shouldnt bother using it?
steadypal

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros