Remove Advertisements

[25] Lord Marrowgar

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Lord Marrowgar

Postby Shathus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:38 am

Exolaeth wrote:<.<... I solo tanked the cleaves for about 2min. Since we lost two split tanks kind of early. Let's just say I saw 'Low Health!' every time it went. So I am assuming about 45k to 50k. I had 61.2k with trinket up, and it took me down to about 8-9% before I got healed up, cleaved again. Needless to say, it was hopeless. Having 2-3 tanks is a must.

I would go with this. I was healing last night, dropped an 18k crit on our DK tank, who then died half a second later. After saying wtf, and checking the logs, the tanks apparently got out of range of each other and he took a 54k hit, which was more than he had at full health heh.

My/our biggest problem seemed to be either getting impaled, then having a cold flame go right under you and finish you off with 2 dots ticking. Got stuck in the flames during bonestorm once. swear there was just not a safe spot to move.

How many healers are you all using for this? Think we had 5. 2 pallies, 1 shaman, 1 druid and 1 priest. Though the druid wasn't really providing much benefit TBH.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:39 am

he took a crit?
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby rathe » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:47 am

While spinning he moves 4 times (important note: sometimes he *moves* to the same spot twice and so it doesn't appear that he moves). After moving to a spot he spins for about 5 seconds. Once he's done the 5 seconds of spinning after moving for the 4th time, he aggro resets. When he's done spinning, if your shield hits him and dps have been called off, you should have aggro.
Snake-Aes wrote:Well... sometimes being obnoxious works.
http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Bloodrathe&gn=Nidh%C3%B6gg
rathe
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:03 am

Arjuna wrote:he took a crit?

No, a critical heal for 18k.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Thanistor » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:32 am

Its not germane to the current discussion, but FYI, the big trash guys (at work so I can't look up their names) that come out of the walls are triggered by some sort of proximity alarm. This trap is disarmable, so if you don't specifically want the rep, send your rogues in to take care of it.
Thanistor

Postby PsiVen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 am

Aubade wrote:I disagree with you Psiven, I think just standing in it encourages poor play. As a tank my job for my healers is to take as little damage as possible while still maintaining aggro and positioning for my DPS. Especially when Hard mode comes out I want to know I can rely on myself and my co-tanks to strafe out of it ASAP so as to not take unnecessary damage, who knows how much the Flame will hit for in hardmode, and it might provide a DoT.

The first tick is unavoidable, and then it goes behind you. My instinct was certainly to strafe out of it, but then I realized it was just immediately gone anyway. If it does provide a DoT positioning so that the tanks and melee don't get hit with it will be quite important on hardmode.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby glorfindell » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 pm

hoho wrote:I'm quite sure he wasn't tauntable on 10-man normal and if he isn't tauntable there I can't think of any other time when he would.

I'm fairly sure he was tauntable in 10, he didn't squish anyone during our kill anyways, and I was using HoR when I saw his whirlwind animation winding down. Could be that my DK co-tank was spamming a ranged move at the same time and I just taunted off of him, not sure (or maybe I just ended up timing taunt to pull him off of a healer or dps before he squished them). In either case I usually ended up with aggro after using HoR.
glorfindell

Postby Aubade » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:33 pm

PsiVen wrote:The first tick is unavoidable, and then it goes behind you. My instinct was certainly to strafe out of it, but then I realized it was just immediately gone anyway. If it does provide a DoT positioning so that the tanks and melee don't get hit with it will be quite important on hardmode.

If you attempt to stand at max melee range (his hitbox is quite large) You CAN avoid the first tick and not take any damage from it at all. I haven't tested this alot but I'm fairly certain it's possible, I'll test it next week more in-depth and post my findings here.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Boèndal » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:15 pm

According to StratFu (Fusion) the Flames start just outside of his hitbox and standing inside the red circle safes you from getting hit by flames. It seemed to work for our melee dps and we never had flames in front of him so we tanks weren't able to test it.
Boèndal

Postby towelliee » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Boèndal wrote:According to StratFu (Fusion) the Flames start just outside of his hitbox and standing inside the red circle safes you from getting hit by flames. It seemed to work for our melee dps and we never had flames in front of him so we tanks weren't able to test it.

This is accurate if you have your melee stand at the edge of the hitbox itself, they will not be hit. The flame starts 5 yards away from the edge of the hitbox
towelliee

Postby Argali » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:43 pm

No, he's definitely not tauntable in 25 normal.

Understandbly so, if tanks can taunt, why have an aggro wipe after whirlwind?
Argali

Postby PsiVen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 pm

That sounds best then, if the range can be maintained.

This is accurate if you have your melee stand at the edge of the hitbox itself, they will not be hit. The flame starts 5 yards away from the edge of the hitbox

Does this mean it would be ideal for everyone to just pile up inside the boss? It would certainly help with bone spike range as well, but you wouldn't be able to do it during Bonestorms.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Boèndal » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:58 am

I'm pretty sure that there was some ranged target prefered issue with these flames. If that's true it would be a bad idea to pile up inside him :mrgreen:
Boèndal

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:24 pm

mclem wrote:When exactly does the aggro reset take place? We had a couple of problems from time to time throwing shields before he actually reset aggro, or waiting too long *after* he did so he'd squash whoever was nearest first. Wasn't sure if I should be throwing after the DBM timer expired or after the visual whirlwind effect actually stopped.

Also, seemed to be taking considerably more damage from the saber lash than everyone's reporting. I suspect that's imperfect stacking, though.

Omen will show you the exact moment that the threat drop takes place.
Belloc

Postby Tophus » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:06 pm

Question about his Saber Lash, how close do the OT's have to stand to the MT to get the cleave effect from Saber Lash? The ability itself is unclear :(

Saber Lash Melee range — Splits 200% of normal melee damage to an enemy and its two nearest allies. Prevents the target from being targeted by Bone Spike Graveyard.

The reason I ask is on a couple of attempts our 3rd tank was dying, then the melee are eating a piece of it while standing under/behind Marrowgar.
Tophus

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel