Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:43 am

Flex wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Why are you using two healers?

To see if we could. Now that we know we can't at the current gear level we'll go back to three next week. Doesn't help that our third healer disconnected due to a power outage so we were stuck with two.

Ah okay. I thought your typical setup was two healers and I was a bit concerned. I still don't run two healers for ToC, even though one of my healers keeps pushing for it since he's bored. I don't think I'd want to attempt new content with two, but if you're stuck due to a dc, you have no option ofc.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:47 am

Nikachelle wrote:Ah okay. I thought your typical setup was two healers and I was a bit concerned. I still don't run two healers for ToC, even though one of my healers keeps pushing for it since he's bored. I don't think I'd want to attempt new content with two, but if you're stuck due to a dc, you have no option ofc.

ToC10 we could probably run 1 healer, ToGC10 sits at an odd 2.5 situation. Easier with three but if one dies it isn't a guaranteed wipe. So Icecrown will be a 3 for a while.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Flex wrote:

To see if we could. Now that we know we can't at the current gear level we'll go back to three next week. Doesn't help that our third healer disconnected due to a power outage so we were stuck with two.

Ah okay. I thought your typical setup was two healers and I was a bit concerned. I still don't run two healers for ToC, even though one of my healers keeps pushing for it since he's bored. I don't think I'd want to attempt new content with two, but if you're stuck due to a dc, you have no option ofc.

Can your guild supply him and demand him to be dual speccd and have both specs on top gear and playability? As fights progress it becomes more and more interesting to sub healers for dps, and if he's actually competent and geared for both, he can play either.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:07 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Flex wrote:

Can your guild supply him and demand him to be dual speccd and have both specs on top gear and playability? As fights progress it becomes more and more interesting to sub healers for dps, and if he's actually competent and geared for both, he can play either.

He IS dual specced, and often does go dps for fights due to us having too many healers sign up. He ended up dpsing for Algalon because we were oversigned for healers.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Discus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:55 am

Rushed home from work all excited about 3.3 - clicked on launcher, launcher disappeared no WoW log-in screen. Spent 4 hours listening on vent to excited guildies explore the new content and disenchant tanking drops, whilst I tried and failed to resolve the issue.

I fear my only options are a complete new WoW and Windows install, neither of which I really have the time or basic IT skills for. WoW is slowly leaving an IT novice like me behind, perhaps time for an X-Box :(
Discus

Postby theckhd » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:14 am

We went through ICC10 last night with 2 healers for every fight, in mostly 245 gear. We might have 5 or 6 ilvl 258's between the 10 of us. Both tanks just saved cooldowns in case a healer got Spiked, and made sure to pop them quickly.
Last edited by theckhd on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Kraziness » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:15 am

I had to uninstall and re-install the whole game and pathces, which I am still not done doing. Hope all of you are having fun in ICC...jerks! lol
Dell can go F themsleves in the A
Kraziness

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:19 am

theckhd wrote:

We went through ToC10 last night with 2 healers for every fight, in mostly 245 gear. We might have 5 or 6 ilvl 258's between the 10 of us. Both tanks just saved cooldowns in case a healer got Spiked, and made sure to pop them quickly.

ToC10 or ToGC10 or?

Also being a 10 man only group we really don't have the luxury of being in all 245s with a few 258s. We are 232s with a few 245s.
Last edited by Flex on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 am

Kraziness wrote:I had to uninstall and re-install the whole game and pathces, which I am still not done doing. Hope all of you are having fun in ICC...jerks! lol

It's glorious! You have playergasms and mobs go for your ass before anything else.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:21 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Kraziness wrote:I had to uninstall and re-install the whole game and pathces, which I am still not done doing. Hope all of you are having fun in ICC...jerks! lol

It's glorious! You have playergasms and mobs go for your ass before anything else.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:24 am

There is, but not for the reasons implied by the sarcasm.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:28 am

Snake-Aes wrote:There is, but not for the reasons implied by the sarcasm.

Well, yeah. Sadly, this new circling has led to much death by arse rapage of my low level alts.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 am

Because of that I renamed my gigantic feasts "KY Meal"
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:30 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Because of that I renamed my gigantic feasts "KY Meal"

My poor mage is still traumatized. Thank God for the cooling relief of Frost Nova and Blizzard.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:32 am

Icy Veins help a lot too... and on my dk the only alleviating factor was pestilence.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General