Remove Advertisements

The Eye: Trash to Void Reaver

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

The Eye: Trash to Void Reaver

Postby Saladin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:32 am

I remember reading with some dismay, lore, when you posted about your first experiences in the eye and the heavy arcane dmg silenceing golems >.<

i got to experience them first hand this weekend... I managed to stay up for one of em while a warr OT'd the other.. healers kept me topped off .. i was at 17.8k hp fully buffed so as long as i was topped off i could take the overloads or whatever they're called.. but i bit it on the next two .. and on everyone after that.. healers got lazy i guess.. i prolly didnt stress enough that i needed to be topped off..

my question is .. do you still tank on those mobs.. have you found a way to avoid the 13k bolts?.. specifically bubble release ?.. tremor totem?..

anything else i should look out for in the eye ?.. we havent attempted void reaver yet.. maybe this weekend
Saladin

Postby Lore » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:16 am

I don't tank them, because we always have Warriors and/or Druids handy. I don't doubt that I COULD, I just don't feel like inconveniencing the raid unnecessarily.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Arcand » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:31 am

Does grounding totem work on the doom-bolts?
Arcand

Postby Kvaern » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:22 pm

Did TK for the first time today and had no issues tanking anything on the way to void reaver.

Even the silencing birds are pretty easy to aoe tank since you get a few seconds of non silence here and there.

Our warriors are pretty good at keeping TC and CS up for me though.
Kvaern

Postby Prepared » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:18 pm

Arcand wrote:Does grounding totem work on the doom-bolts?

You know, that's a good question. I'll have to ask our Shaman next time, because my raid leader has this nasty habit of putting a druid in place of me on one of those guys, and they may have 200 more hit points than I do, when I buff fully. :\
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Buttertoast » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:35 am

why would you ever have anything other than a warrior tank the sentinels?
the less heart attacks for healers, the better. i already feel bad for them seeing them trying to juggle health bars with saw blade spam.
Buttertoast

Postby Kvaern » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:05 am

Because you kill them faster with a pala tanking and damage on the MT isn't an issue unless it kills him.
Kvaern

Postby Aevisarace » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:51 pm

I haven't tanked them, but its not a super big deal if a 20k warrior takes a big hit.

We've never lost a tank to it.

Its NOT optimal and use a warrior if possible.
Aevisarace

Postby Omatre » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:18 am

First time in there, I did just fine with them.

at one point I think I got to like 1200 hp before a incoming heal got to me.

Its a habit that when I see my HP that low, I jump back for 1-2 seconds and for some unknown reason I tend to see the next hit against me miss because of that.

Weird probably, but I won't argue with the fact its worked.

The warrior MT got thumped by one of them, dead to the world he was. He took a blow that literally hit him for like I think he said 15,000

With 1200 more HP, and all that fun stuff.

I avoid, he blocks :)
Omatre

Postby hotlips » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:24 am

have a warrior tank them and spell reflect the overload... problem solved :)
hotlips

Postby Alexios » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:26 am

Tanked them for the first time last night, that Overload nearly gave me a heart attack several times.
Alexios

Postby Donjuan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:03 am

I tanked those things that do overload. Had the warriors do it first but they would die since they mistimed or didnt know about spell reflect. I was a lot better preapred for the overload so i tank them now (by them i mean one, and druid takes other). Bottom line is me adn the druid have more hp so a 13k blow to us is nothing, its not like the robots chain cast it. Most of the time we kill sentitals before they even cast that crap.

Once though i had to tank a senital alone with just one healer for what seemed liek an eternity as the raid went around killing everything else and leaving my one last. I tok like 5 over loads, and had to use lay on hands on last one.

We had some issues with destroyers though, we didnt realise he a gruul type hs, and only had one tank on him and ended up killing so many people. Any tips for the destroyers? I actually found the overload robots ie sentinals alot easier to deal with than destroyer who seems like a boss himself.
Donjuan

Return to Tempest Keep