Remove Advertisements

Timed Loot chest

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dorvan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:04 pm

The last guild I was in always used FFA. In a year and a half of raiding, we once had a Nef kill's loot ninja'ed, and that was from a non-guild member when we were doing a guild alliance for a little while. I lke the implicit trust in raiding FFA, and one boss worth of epics every year or two is a very small price to pay for knowing that you can trust everyone you're raiding with.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby SmurfZG » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:26 pm

never really thought about it like that :D
SmurfZG

Postby NarfJones » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:25 pm

I like the idea of trusting everyone in the raid. I do not however, like the idea of trusting their trigger fingers after 4+ hours raiding. Master Loot ftw.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby sindorei » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:48 pm

slightly off topic? LOOTS OMG, ninja!

anyway, we are a small guild and we always use group loot and only raid leader does the loot, everyone else pass and then /random 100 FTW
sindorei

Postby rozakk » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:43 pm

edit nvm - the timers are just rougher than i realized i guess
rozakk

Postby Lansky » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:03 am

SmurfZG wrote::O you don't master loot in BT?

Pretty much what everyone else said. No need to ML a raid instance with a guild you play with that often. Only reason we ML ZA is so that we can get loot while being far away without looking at all those fucking roll boxes.
Lansky

Postby skellislayer » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:41 am

We killed the bear boss the other night and saw the chest, but couldn't open it cause it was locked. We were about 30 secs behind the timer I think.

Does the chest appear only when you do the timed event fast enough, or is it always there?
skellislayer

Postby Aalryn » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:35 pm

Dorvan wrote:The last guild I was in always used FFA. In a year and a half of raiding, we once had a Nef kill's loot ninja'ed, and that was from a non-guild member when we were doing a guild alliance for a little while. I lke the implicit trust in raiding FFA, and one boss worth of epics every year or two is a very small price to pay for knowing that you can trust everyone you're raiding with.

yep. This is why we dont ML anyway. if we have a ninja in the guild we'd rather know about it fast and kick them fast. We've been a guild for over 2 years now ( 2 years 5 months) and have been the #1 guild on our server, horde side (now server), ever since creation. Our main raid force has changed very little in that whole time.

If we do get ninja'd.. oh well. It's only loot and in the end it doesn't really matter. Knowing that you can have a legendary sword sitting on illidan for over 1/2 hour while 4 people in the raid REALLY want it and your deciding who gets it (loot council) and no one ninjas it is what really matters.

(of course if we are selling something to a non-guildie, we ML it for the bosses the customers are there for)

Does the chest appear only when you do the timed event fast enough, or is it always there?

chest is only there. The only one which isn't there is the 4th one which contains the bear mount.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby PsiVen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:50 pm

We group loot and rollbox while riding to the next boss. Yes, they will despawn eventually (i think it takes like an hour).

1st chest should be an armor piece
2nd chest should be a weapon
3rd chest should be a ring
4th chest is the bear mount, if you do Lynx 4th you can get it even if you only made the 3rd timer.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:34 am

any tanking armor by chance in that chest? :P
Io.Draco

Postby corc » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:53 am

skellislayer wrote:We killed the bear boss the other night and saw the chest, but couldn't open it cause it was locked. We were about 30 secs behind the timer I think.

you have to free the captive... talk to him and he unlocks it for you.
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby Comma » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:15 am

PsiVen wrote:We group loot and rollbox while riding to the next boss. Yes, they will despawn eventually (i think it takes like an hour).

4th chest is the bear mount, if you do Lynx 4th you can get it even if you only made the 3rd timer.

Appreciate that.
any tanking armor by chance in that chest?

Yeah, some tanking shoulder.
Comma

Postby Balls » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:40 am

Comma wrote:
PsiVen wrote:We group loot and rollbox while riding to the next boss. Yes, they will despawn eventually (i think it takes like an hour).

Appreciate that.
any tanking armor by chance in that chest?

Yeah, some tanking shoulder.

O_o Doesn't the tanking shoulders drop off the bird boss? I wouldn't think there'd be two locations dropping the same slot item with the same stats.
Balls

Postby Comma » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:52 am

Yeh, I was wondering about that, but it seems that they changed the loot source from eagle to timed loot, due to Atlas and posts in wowhead.
Comma

Postby Rainge » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Aalryn wrote:
Rainge wrote:
Aalryn wrote:the real question is... Is that first chest ever going to actually contain loot? 5 timed runs now and never any loot in the first chest

If you're set to Master Looter and someone other than the ML opens it, the chest despawns.

we never master loot anything ever. It's either on free for all, or group loot epic. Nothing else ever.

Yes, but that's still something others may need to watch out for. We got burned by it.
Rainge

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman