Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Lindreth » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:35 am

I know that there's a thread for the core hound pup, but I was to post how frustrated I am at the new way Blizzard is trying to get people to give them more money. I was hoping for the core hound pup to add to my collection, and I know that an authenticator is a good idea to avoid risk of being hacked, but c'mon now. =/
Lindreth

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:57 am

Lindreth wrote:I know that there's a thread for the core hound pup, but I was to post how frustrated I am at the new way Blizzard is trying to get people to give them more money. I was hoping for the core hound pup to add to my collection, and I know that an authenticator is a good idea to avoid risk of being hacked, but c'mon now. =/

It's a gift for people that purchased... what's the downside?

I can't stand when people complain about free stuff. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Belloc

Postby hoho » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:59 am

It's not so much about you giving them money for the authenticator, it's saving money from having to waste less time on compromised accounts.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:45 am

I'm getting network timeouts on nearly every other Maintankadin page I open today.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Solam » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Lindreth wrote:I know that there's a thread for the core hound pup, but I was to post how frustrated I am at the new way Blizzard is trying to get people to give them more money. I was hoping for the core hound pup to add to my collection, and I know that an authenticator is a good idea to avoid risk of being hacked, but c'mon now. =/

The authenticators are so cheap, they're virtually giving them away. The price seems to be there to cover the postage and handling, not to line their pockets with.
Solam

Postby Punkss2 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Solam wrote:

The authenticators are so cheap, they're virtually giving them away. The price seems to be there to cover the postage and handling, not to line their pockets with.

And FYI to all you iPhone owners, the mobile battlenet authenticator is a free download to your iPhone...meaning a free pet
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Teranoid » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:27 pm

Its frustrating that people who want to potentially save Blizzard time by not having to restore every inch of their account get a thank you gift? Wow are people really this jaded now?
Teranoid

Postby Levantine » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:03 am

People who think that the only reason not to have an authenticator is because of money reasons.

How's about Blizzard is fucking fail at shipping shit overseas? Yeah? Is that okay with the almighty overlords of Authenticators?
Levantine

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:30 am

Levantine wrote:People who think that the only reason not to have an authenticator is because of money reasons.

How's about Blizzard is fucking fail at shipping shit overseas? Yeah? Is that okay with the almighty overlords of Authenticators?

That doesn't qualify as a money reason? Not wanting to pay extra to get something shipped to you?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:42 am

No, it's not the money, it's that Blizzard is actually terrible at shipping things. I bought an Authenticator once. Never got it, Blizzard's response? LOL NOT OUR PROBLEM.

Never. Again.
Levantine

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:52 am

So it's not really the authenticator at all. It's shitty customer service.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Perrigrin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:33 am

I'm frustrated at my own level of fail:

...so, last night I was wondering why I had http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47884 still in my bags - Was convinced I sold it ages ago.

...then this morning when I was equipping my tank gear (for the first time in about a month), it said main hand missing - And I realize that my http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47899 is missing...

The icons are kinda similar - So about a month ago when I was to sell my 2h:er I instead sold my tank weapon :P Wonder how long Blizzard keeps logs, I guess I'll find out when I come home today and petion....

I still have some Naxx25 tank weapon, so it's not a huge loss - But I thought I'd share for some amusement
Perrigrin

Postby hoho » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:46 am

Lev, what are the chances of postal service screwing things up instead of blizz?
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Passionario » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:42 am

Levantine wrote:People who think that the only reason not to have an authenticator is because of money reasons.

You forgot the part about Authenticators causing brain cancer, and money from their purchase being spent to finance terrorism.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby vegardhv » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:58 am

Solam wrote:

I bought mine for some 6 euros, though postage was about an additional 12 euros. I was wondering , why the f.... does postage cost so much. Oh yeah that's because they used some stupid delivery firm that couldn't even get the package to my door, I had to go out to the airport and search among severeal transport buildings to find the one in question, there was no "reception"/customer support thing there, I just happened to get lucky and meet one of their drivers on the parking lot.

But all right, now I got my authenticator, forgive and forget...
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General