Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Amshel wrote:I expect they'd respond rather rudely if I posted again while my old app is still there.

For as elitist as they are, they sure aren't lifting a finger to rip me a new one on any spec/gem/class knowledge. They tore into a rogue who posted after me.

Edit: Did you mean post in my thread asking if they had any other questions?

Well, from personal experience, you've got to remember these are real people too, and while it is a bit rude of them to somewhat ignore you, maybe that guy who loves picking apart tanks hasn't been around for a day or two while the guild rogue expert has. Or maybe the rogue app just cried out to be ripped apart because it was so terrible. Usually if it's a really amazing app for a class we're in high demand of I'll reply very quickly. If it's an app that has some major issues on a class I know a lot about, I'll reply fairly fast, and fairly extensively, picking it apart. If it's a reasonable app, not absolutely mind-blowing but nothing obviously wrong, I tend to wait and see what other people think of it before really having a go.

Or maybe they're just assholes!
Rhiannon

Postby Amshel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Rhiannon wrote:
Amshel wrote:I expect they'd respond rather rudely if I posted again while my old app is still there.

For as elitist as they are, they sure aren't lifting a finger to rip me a new one on any spec/gem/class knowledge. They tore into a rogue who posted after me.

Edit: Did you mean post in my thread asking if they had any other questions?

Well, from personal experience, you've got to remember these are real people too, and while it is a bit rude of them to somewhat ignore you, maybe that guy who loves picking apart tanks hasn't been around for a day or two while the guild rogue expert has. Or maybe the rogue app just cried out to be ripped apart because it was so terrible. Usually if it's a really amazing app for a class we're in high demand of I'll reply very quickly. If it's an app that has some major issues on a class I know a lot about, I'll reply fairly fast, and fairly extensively, picking it apart. If it's a reasonable app, not absolutely mind-blowing but nothing obviously wrong, I tend to wait and see what other people think of it before really having a go.

Or maybe they're just assholes!

It was for my hunter. I told their recruiter and their main (and for a long while, only) hunter I had posted my app. Recruiter said yes they were still recruiting, go for it. Their hunter, who has always been helpful to me and I talk to occasionally said, it's probably too late with ICC coming the next week. The hunter even posted in the rogue's app.

The rogue was terrible and deserved to be thrashed. He had many people posting.

Edit: Mentioned hunter sent me a tell in game saying I might have an invite coming tonight. The lack of replies was due to "internal issues."
Amshel

Postby bldavis » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:04 pm

having the servers down until right before i have to go to work!

and on top of that, i have 2 finals tomorrow morning, so i have to choose sleep, study, or wow! GRRR! i hate trick questions! :evil:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby culhag » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:33 pm

My RL told me he's concerned that my aggro is not what it used to be (comparatively).

We had another tankadin raid with us for a few days (canceled application) and people felt that he had a better aggro than me, even though he has roughly the same gear and spec as me, we both do the 969 like clockwork, and the logs say we have roughly the same dps.

So I'm at loss on what to say or do to "fix" that.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:36 pm

1) Post logs
2) Tell guild to stop imagining shit
3) ???
4) Profit
Levantine

Postby Aubade » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:56 pm

yay patch day, enter 25M raid, try to zone into icecrown. Instance not found.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Levantine » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:01 pm

I can log in, which seems to be not the norm for today, but then I try to pug and apparently all the instances magically disappeared.
Levantine

Postby Threatco » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Annoyed that I can't log in from the log in box on top right, I have to reply to a thread and get a full size log in window to get in.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Shathus » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Went to go do the new heroics. Clear Forge of Souls fine, wife even wins a Battered Hilt. We move onto Pit of Saron, kill first 2 bosses, a death or 3 due to people learning the fights but no problem. We finish up the gaunlet leading to Tyrannus and Sylvannas gets there with her troops, then we're suddenly running place for 5 minutes. Eventually the server dies or something. We all get back in a few minutes later... ungrouped... in Dalaran.

Group back up, fly back to ICC and re-enter instance. All the trash and bosses have respawned so we have to clear again. So, whatever, we go kill and even get to loot the bosses again, we get through the gauntlet in the cave to see Tyrannus waiting for us on his proto-drake... but Sylvannas and her troups never show up...

So after we engage the boss for a bit, the adds show up and wtfpwn us eventually taking out a healer or a couple dps, and we can't finish him off. End up calling it for the night.

So I figure I'll try out the cross-server LFG random heroic to get my frost emblems. Get a group then 'additional instances cannot be launched' and then get a debuff saying I just used the LFG system and need to wait 15 minutes. 15 minutes later, I try again, same issue. Cut my loses for the night and log off.

LFG system overall seems pretty nice and the D/E system is pretty nice too. Just need some more stability and we'll be gtg!
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:49 am

Subscription cancelled, account freezes tomorrow.

No more drama, no more hysterics, no more ego-duelling. I'm too old for all that shit.
Last edited by Passionario on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby hoho » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:18 am

A little while ago I calculated that when I keep emblems on my main for tier gear and gather them for saronite orbs on 4 alts it will take me about 20 days of heroics+2x weekly raid quests on each to get 8 orbs for first item. I hope I can get those alts geared enough for ICC so I can increase emblem-income.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:36 am

DAMNIT.

No "Proof of Demise" Feat of Strength or Achievment for me. Did Oculus on Monday night as I finally got a group for it. Killed Ley Guardian. Got the quest item. Ported to Dalaran. Computer crashed out due to load there. Couldn't get back in. Tried to get in early Tuesday but they'd already started the patch.

Got to the quest giver... couldn't hand it in. Checked my quest log. Quest is GONE. I still have the item and it is still marked as a quest object. Filed a petition with the GMs.

I feel like crying. With my stupid schedule for the past four months, gtting online when the quest was available was difficult to say the least. And without a daily, no one was willing to to go Oculus.

DAMNIT.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Platino » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 am

Njall wrote:DAMNIT.

No "Proof of Demise" Feat of Strength or Achievment for me. Did Oculus on Monday night as I finally got a group for it. Killed Ley Guardian. Got the quest item. Ported to Dalaran. Computer crashed out due to load there. Couldn't get back in. Tried to get in early Tuesday but they'd already started the patch.

Got to the quest giver... couldn't hand it in. Checked my quest log. Quest is GONE. I still have the item and it is still marked as a quest object. Filed a petition with the GMs.

I feel like crying. With my stupid schedule for the past four months, gtting online when the quest was available was difficult to say the least. And without a daily, no one was willing to to go Oculus.

DAMNIT.

Make sure you hold onto the item. If you crashed and the server went offline before normal time on tuesday, you might find a friendly GM who will help you out.
Platino - Paladin (Prot/Prot) - Argent Dawn
Gauu - Hunter (Survival) - Argent Dawn
Greysonn - Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Argent Dawn
Duncann - Paladin (Prot/Holy) - Argent Dawn
Kharaa - Mage (Arcane) - Argent Dawn
Platino

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:14 am

Platino wrote:

Make sure you hold onto the item. If you crashed and the server went offline before normal time on tuesday, you might find a friendly GM who will help you out.

No kidding! I have the item. I'm not letting go of it. Its the only proof I have. However, there's a note in to the effect "that GMs won't complete quests for you" or words to that effect so I could be SOL here - which would make me sad. I missed out on Champion of the Naaru because I let things slide (and I had a guild that was too 'leet to help the rank and file) and then boom. Patch 3.0.8 hits a month early.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Senador » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:18 am

I swear, is it so hard to find responsible officers?

In October, a guild officer was hacked, cleared out most of the bank. Officers lamented it, it was recommended they all buy authenticators.

In early November, another officer was hacked, cleared out most of the bank again. Officers were told in no uncertain terms that having an authenticator is a requirement of being an officer to avoid future issues, and to prevent other problems, and if the cost was a huge issue, we’d find a way to handle it.

This weekend, guild leader is hacked, because they just didn’t bother to buy the authenticator yet. Three other officers also just didn’t get around to it, and still haven’t. Reformed the guild, contacted everyone restarted guild bank. Guild bank is under strict control that only I have access to it, as I can confirm my authenticator, and several other officers are vulnerable.

Last night in ICC, guild leader, still without the authenticator, or any gear still, tells me while I’m about to lead the raid that to make sure any of the BoE stuff is mailed directly to them. I almost flipped out, because the last thing I want is our Primordial Saronite to walk out the door because of a still compromised account has the only control on the god damn things…

Between that, and posting all the information on the various bosses for ICC for both discussion and early review, I find that most of the officers simply did not even look at the posts because they just assumed I’ll tell them. When explaining bosses last night, had to repeat several key things to several officers because they just weren’t paying attention.

As soon as the raid ended I logged off in absolute disgust…
Senador

PreviousNext

Return to General