[10] Sartharion 3 drake ZERG strat?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Sartharion 3 drake ZERG strat?

Postby fafhrd » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Give how much 232 - 245 gear you can find on trade channel puggers nowadays, wouldn't it actually be easier to just do the fight normally without a zerg strat? Yeah you'd have to spend longer explaining if there are people present who haven't done the fight before, but with 245 gear there's pretty much no chance of people dying or failing to kill the drakes on time in the normal strat. Seems safer than trying to meet DPS and healing thresholds that force a wipe if you don't meet them.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Spectrum » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:41 pm

fafhrd wrote:Give how much 232 - 245 gear you can find on trade channel puggers nowadays, wouldn't it actually be easier to just do the fight normally without a zerg strat? Yeah you'd have to spend longer explaining if there are people present who haven't done the fight before, but with 245 gear there's pretty much no chance of people dying or failing to kill the drakes on time in the normal strat. Seems safer than trying to meet DPS and healing thresholds that force a wipe if you don't meet them.

You'd be surprised at how easy it is for people to stand in void zones, get hit by flame waves, or miss picking up adds. I wouldn't want to trust a true PUG. As long as it was mostly just decent people who knew eachother or a half-guild run I might try it.

Our guild gave this a few shots the other night. Kept having issues with the enraging. I think I was popping my bubble-wall too early. We might try the kiting if it doesn't work out. I was thinking the enrage was at 30%, not 20%.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Darkler » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:55 am

Enrage, as far as I know, is 25%.

We allways kite, its so much easier. And the enraged drake does hit like a truck.

The easiest we have had is to have the kiter (we used a DK) to prepare for taunt at 30%, then taunt at 28ish and run like hell with any aura or speed he can. That leaves the tank safe and able to not be smashed into the ground, and gives time to BoP the healer and taunt some whelps before the kill. Tenebron rarely makes it back to the group before Sarth is dead.

The first time we did it though, I did tank both the dragons, as we didnt know better. I guess I was lucky, as when tried later weeks the damage output at enraged have allways killed me :)

TLDR, go for a kiter, its a breeze!
Darkler

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon