Looking for a Paladin who has main tanked Kael P4/5

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:35 am

so 21 k fully buffed is enough? good to hear , how much hp do u have left when u use nightmare seed though?
Io.Draco

Postby Galtea » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:58 am

Io.Draco wrote:so 21 k fully buffed is enough? good to hear , how much hp do u have left when u use nightmare seed though?

I did 21k before the patch, currently I use 23.3k or so buffed. With 21k it was sketchy sometimes, post nightmare seeds I might be down to a couple hundred health.
Galtea

Postby Alorianna » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:38 pm

I am slated to MT Kael P4 and 5 due to the new HP buffs putting me over our warriors. That very much for the advice. =)
Alorianna

Postby Jonesy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:21 pm

*sigh* tanked him to 48% tonight.

Me: "HEY GUYS DON'T COME NEAR ME OR YOU'LL WIPE US"
Raid: "KK"
Me: "JUST RUN AWAY, I'M SURE THESE BLACK DOTS ARE HARMLESS"
ME: "HEY GUYS WHY HAVE I ONLY GOT 14K HEALTH?!?!"

*splat*
*sigh*

He dies tomorrow. :(
Jonesy

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:24 pm

Jonesy wrote:Fourth sequence, shield, "argh everything is on cooldown for 2 seconds, *flail*", die.

This is simply not supposed to happen.

Our MT (a warrior) on every kill just cycled pots and seeds and never had them on CD. He never used LS or SW in p4.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Galtea » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:37 am

Worldie wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Fourth sequence, shield, "argh everything is on cooldown for 2 seconds, *flail*", die.

This is simply not supposed to happen.

Our MT (a warrior) on every kill just cycled pots and seeds and never had them on CD. He never used LS or SW in p4.

It will absolutely happen if you only use pot and seed. Seed CD is 3 min, Pot is 2 min. So the ideal scenario would be:
1.) Pot (2 min CD on pot, seed is ready)
2.) Seed (1 min CD on pot, 3 min on seed)
3.) Pot (2 min CD on pot, 2 min on seed)
4.) die (1 min CD on pot, 1 min on seed)
Galtea

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:20 pm

Still has to happen for our MT in 6 kills.

But well, use the bubble in the middle of the "missing one" will give you space for 3 more, and u arent going to pass throught pyroblasts for 8 times.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Deimosfobos » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:17 am

In 1 month we lost our 3 warrior tanks for diferent reasons, and despite my desire of being ret on 2.3, i got stucked as MT of the raid since my gear is quite good (+22k hp buffed) and im known as a good tank.

We are trying Kael this week after 3 weeks of "vacations", so i would apreciate any tip you can give me aside the rotation of consumables.
My raid never saw a pally as MT fulltime, so they needed a full crear of SSC to realise it's even easier with me than ever before... so i don't want to fail them on Kael.

TY :)
Deimosfobos

Postby Arenaya » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:45 pm

Has anyone tried to prepare some shields with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23576 and equip them while Kael is casting his pyro? Would be very usefull, or am I missing something?
Arenaya

Postby Lore » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:00 pm

DPS should be aiming to get the 2nd pyro interrupted anyway. If you're having to survive two pyros every time, your DPS needs to step it up, or you may want to consider working another DPS'er in somewhere. Make sure they're saving cooldowns for that shield, it doesn't look good on the damage meters but neither do dead tanks.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:22 pm

Evil hint: Arcane Shot dispels the shield <.<

We were killing him to attune someone yesterday and our MT was like "o_O" when the shield went down after 1 second due to hunter shotting it.

Meh ez mode, i hope it's not "working as intended"...

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tresjynn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:00 am

Arenaya wrote:Has anyone tried to prepare some shields with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23576 and equip them while Kael is casting his pyro? Would be very usefull, or am I missing something?
Can only be applied while out of combat.
Two accounts, two tankadins! Raaar.
Tresjynn

Postby Arenaya » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:14 am

Tresjynn wrote:
Arenaya wrote:Has anyone tried to prepare some shields with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23576 and equip them while Kael is casting his pyro? Would be very usefull, or am I missing something?
Can only be applied while out of combat.

:cry:
Arenaya

Postby Aleytys » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:14 pm

Wait... the shield KT puts up can be dispelled with Arcane Shot? So then ALL the Pyroblasts can be interrupted???
Aleytys

Postby Lore » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:19 pm

Seems so, at least until they fix it.
Lore
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Tempest Keep