Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Many Whelps ... Handle it!

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Many Whelps ... Handle it!

Postby guillex » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am

We've given this a try over the past three resets, and I don't think we're getting the timing right.

The achievement reads (iirc): Within 10 seconds of Onyxia taking off, hatch 50 whelps, and then beat Onyxia. (something like that)

Has anyone else been able to get this achievement? How are you managing to:

A) Hatch the whelps?
B) Time it so that the one or two people running through the pits are able to maximize their hatching?

We usually end up with a metric crap-ton of whelps, and a quarter to one-half of the raid DCing due to video lag...

Any help would be appreciated on this one.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Re: [10/25] Many Whelps ... Handle it!

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:39 pm

This achievement is very difficult, mainly for the fact that it is somewhat vague on when the whelps need to be hatched.

As soon as she started running to take off, I instructed a rogue and hunter to spawn the adds. They ran down separate tunnels and everyone else stacked on me. Adds came, Avenging Wrath + Consecrate got them on me, they died, everything was fine, no achievement.

Ugh, it's all in the timing. I hate it!
Belloc

Postby fafhrd » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:20 am

Took 4 weeks of trying different timings to finally get it right. Not knowing whether you did it right till you kill her is very annoying.

Correct timing is:

- as soon as she does her turn before lifting off.

So we usually tank her at the back of the cave. As p1 is ending, she'll start walking over towards the entrance to alight. At this point have a pair of rogues or someone with rockets head to the entrances of the 2 whelp caves and wait.

When she reaches the entrance, she'll turn around 180 degrees. Call out now and have your poppers sprint in and pop every egg. Having them vanish/feign/fade at the end is nice too.

Kill whelps, kill boss, get achievement. Might want to tell your aoe to wait extra long for threat btw, once they start AoEing chances are their FPS will drop low enough that they'll die before knowing they have aggro on something.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Spectrum » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:46 pm

A trick you can use for the popping is to have the two people move into position above the whelp pits, closer to the entrance. They can then hop down and book it back to the center with the whelps trailing.

People who can drop aggro are great, as they can send all the whelps straight to the rest of the group which is all stacked up.

And make sure you spawn 50 whelps, not just the original 40 + 10 or whatever.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon