Remove Advertisements

Not sure what to do next

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Not sure what to do next

Postby Nepttune » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:40 pm

Hi guys this is my first time posting on any forum and i would like to start out by thanking everyone for the great info about tanking i have learned alot for here. Now i am writing this from work so sorry that i cant post my armory or anything. I was wondering what i should do next about gear. I work nights and have a wife and kids so i dont get to play all that much except on the weekends. I will be transfering my pally to eonar where my shammy main is the reason for this move is for gold i really dont have any on this toon. When i do transfer i will be switching my profs to jc and enchanting I already have enchanting now.

Now i guess the real question what can I do about trinkets rings and back pieces on what i run which is usually the daily heroic and any heroics i can get into. I havent raided on this toon and am i little scared to due to the pressure of wiping. I tank all heroics with ease now. I have the black heart and the tanking ring for toc. I also am saving my eoc for the tier 8 helm which i should have in about 2 days. I also am saving my eot for the shoulders i currently have 20 and it is a grind since the only way i get eot is from the daily. So i was wondering what i should do about my second trinket where would the easiest place for me to get is I think i want an avoidence trinket but im not sure but up for anything that would help.If anyone would want to armory me my toons name is Nepttune on anetheron. I thank you very much in advance for the help with anyting
Nepttune

Re: Not sure what to do next

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:45 pm

There is an avoidance trinket you can get with emblems of heroism. Valor Medal of the First War. Offhand, without raiding, it's the only avoidance trinket I can think of.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:49 pm

His armory btw: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Nepttune

Your avoidance trinket is going to give you big problems if you take out Seal of the Pantheon. You're relying heavily on that item to get you over 540. I would work on upgrading the rest of your gear first, then moving in on the trinket. The emblem gear should put you in a better position, defensively. (Although, enchanting defense instead of armor to your cloak may help.)

Edit: Get rid of that enchant on your legs. 50 spell power/30 stamina is no good for you. Get the stamina/agility one.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nepttune » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:03 am

Thanks for the info as for the leg enchant i have that one now because of money issues and i am currently a tailor so it was free but definitly i was going to change that to the 55stam and 22 agil one. The same with the back enchant i did myself but my chanting is only at like 338 now and that is what my money went away to. Also i was wondering after the helm what should i get with EOCs? I want to raid but am not sure how pugs would think of my gear since im not in a raiding guild. Also after i get the sholders with the EOT should i get the ring next? Thanks for teh replys and the info
Nepttune

Postby vegardhv » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:37 am

Nepttune wrote:Thanks for the info as for the leg enchant i have that one now because of money issues and i am currently a tailor so it was free but definitly i was going to change that to the 55stam and 22 agil one. The same with the back enchant i did myself but my chanting is only at like 338 now and that is what my money went away to. Also i was wondering after the helm what should i get with EOCs? I want to raid but am not sure how pugs would think of my gear since im not in a raiding guild. Also after i get the sholders with the EOT should i get the ring next? Thanks for teh replys and the info

Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but you can get the Greater inscription of the gladiator enchant for your shoulders (30 stam 15 resilience). Or save up rep for the sons of hodir enchant.

I'd say pick up the girdle first, for conquests, I think that girdle is very nice. Then there's the gloves, legs, necklace, don't forget the cloak for 25 valor emblems. There are possibly some very good pieces in trial of champion for these slots, so you can upgrade faster. At least a good necklace and great shoulders that I know of.

You might have a tough time getting into raids, but you should be good for Ulduar 10 if that's of any interest. Though when you get a few gear improvements you're good for anything but 10m tocr hc and beyond.
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Postby Nepttune » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:48 am

1 other question i had as pertaining to my gear i was wondering since i the helm from toc would it be better for me to upgrade other stuff like my back, pants, belt, gloves, or should i just save up for the tiet 8 helm with the embloms of conquest?
and again thanks for all the help
Nepttune

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:00 am

Nepttune wrote:1 other question i had as pertaining to my gear i was wondering since i the helm from toc would it be better for me to upgrade other stuff like my back, pants, belt, gloves, or should i just save up for the tiet 8 helm with the embloms of conquest?
and again thanks for all the help

A good question to ask yourself is "where will I be playing most often" and figuring out what drops from there. The gearing guide will help you with what is available. Any slot that is unlikely to be upgraded through your gameplay should be a priority for upgrade via emblems - assuming anything you have on you now isn't terribly underpowered. Since you can do lots of heroics, you can probably splurge. I do not think that a set of pants drops in ToC that is better than the ones you can get from badges.

The neck, Shard of the Crystal Forest, is a steal at 19 emblems (if you don't already have it) and helps wean you off that Seal of the Pantheon. And the Platinum Mesh cloak is the best you're going to get outside of a raid. I am still using mine, I am sad to say.

The T8 chest is the best upgrade you'll get as there just aren't any non-raid chestpieces that are even close - and emblems are certainly easy to come by these days.

That said, don't spend your time praying to the RNG for a drop that may never come. :D If you intend to be hitting the 5 man Trial and its heroic version, then you would be better off. While there's a lot of useful gear in the Heroic ToC, you can only run it once a day. Can't check your armory from work, I fear.

Farm the heck out of regular ToC for everything there. The gear is 'only' il200 but it is very well itemized.

Don't worry about wiping on raids. It happens. It happens a lot. Except to folks here, it seems. 8) Switching to JC will help you a lot. Sorry this is rambling. I should probably consider where I need to go from here myself.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:10 am

Njall wrote:Don't worry about wiping on raids. It happens. It happens a lot. Except to folks here, it seems. 8)

Can't admit fallibility on the internet. Such admissions are seized by your fellow posters, who absorb your power by devouring them.

(Re-reading that, I seem to be ripping off Tycho's writing style. Oh well, sincerest form of flattery and so on.)
Arcand

Postby Nepttune » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:59 pm

update i have been working on this toon alot lately and i think i am ready to start raiding. I still am trying to get the shield for reg hor and the boots for H fos but other than that i am feeling pretty good about my gear since i havent ever set foot in a raid. That being said i was wondering what raids i should be trying to get into first. Toc Totc icc reg im not sure what my gear will actually be able to handle. Once again thanks for the help. My armory is posted near the top of this post.
Nepttune

Postby Sir_Onion » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 am

Hey you are looking pretty good. :)

I know you are probably still limited on time, but the new LFG system as a tank is the equivalent of instant ques and with your gear (which isn't bad btw ^_^) you should be able to chain pull instances. But in all honesty you seem more then ready for ICC ten man, and definitely ready for TOC ten man.

I would try that, just last night my death knight tank was out for a trip and I picked up a warrior last night who had roughly the same gear as you and he worked just fine. And you are a paladin so you take much less spiky damage ;). That being said, I would consider trying for the monarch crab trinket and tossing two stamina gems in there, and swapping out trinkets to see what reduces more damage you take. What I mean is: which trinket, stamina or armor will make you a better tank. :)

You seem ready for ICC and TOC, I would go right for it.
Sir_Onion

Postby Nepttune » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:13 am

Thank you very much for the info i will try to get into a pug 10 man this weekend!
Nepttune

Return to Basic Training & Talents