What part of U10 is PuGable on your realm?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: What part of U10 is PuGable on your realm?

Postby djlar » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:07 pm

I've never seen a 10 or much less 25 man Ulduar pug in my server... not even trying to gather one..

heck any 25 man is almost non-existent, perhaps naxx 25 semi guild fail pug, that's it..
djlar

Postby Epimer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:14 pm

I would have said "Flame Leviathan, if you're lucky" until recently, but I got into a random Uld10 PuG on my resto shaman alt a few weeks ago and got three Keepers down (didn't even attempt Mimiron). It was pretty late at night (for illustration: I have no recollection of healing Freya but I have the achievement and the tier gloves from that run so more fool me) so maybe that subset of players are a better bet for decent PuGs on my server.
Epimer

Postby hoho » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:06 am

It's a lottery. I've been to both pugs that wipe on FL+0 and (half) pug that oneshot mimiron. Once I lead a complete pug up to mimiron, half the raid had never seen Ulduar before, including both tanks. Our first mimi attempt we got to P4 without anyone dying but failed on a few things then. We had about 4-5 more tries that got to P4 but it was getting late and we stopped.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Lindreth » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:43 am

I just finished a pug of Uld10 this weekend with my first Yogg kill in this pug. I went with some alts from top guilds on my server and due to it being a holiday weekend, they needed a tank to step in. I got 6 achievements toward my GotUR which is awesome since before last week Friday I didn't think I would even be in the running to get more than Disarmed.

Uld25 gets pugged on a somewhat frequent basis on my server where people are getting to guardians. I've never participated in one, however I know they occur weekly.
Lindreth

Postby valura » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:20 am

Invisusira wrote:Man people need to stop writing "PuG." It's "PUG" or "pug." "PuGable" makes it look like you hiccuped mid-word and reads as such.

Actually Invis, it's is correctly acronymed PuG as the "u" doesn't stand for a word on itself, but a part of a word.

Pick-up Group correlates to either PG (first letters of both wordgroups) or PuG (first letter of each word, with Capitalisation for wordgroups)

Remember the verb indeed is "To Pick Up" but the noun is "A Pick-up".

To clarify on your comment; PuGable not only looks flawed, it indeed is, as it would appropriately be written as PuG-able, as it's an acronym being extended to resemble a regualr word.

On Topic:

On my server (horde side), at best Uld10/25 Flame Leviathan. After that, there's a fat chance due to the lack of healers willing/able to PuG. :(
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Magnilda » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:53 am

Actually managed to put a pug together last Tuesday for Ulduar 10 and we made it up to Vezax. When I put together I didn't bother asking for achievements or epic, because I'm not a retard. Maybe I got lucky with the people I choose but no one seemed to be completely useless.

Apart from three of my guildies in the pug no one else had seen past Kologarn, not even the other tank. We one shot Auraiya, Hodir, and Thorim. Two attempts on Freya, we failed at killing the three adds so we had six of them up for about 3 minutes until she finally enraged. Took us three attempts on Mimiron which I was actually pretty impressed with.

We also pulled Algalon to end the night, with just one tank by that point and no explanation of the fight it didn't last too long. Who would of thought a boomkin can't tank him in bear form. :lol:
Magnilda

Postby djlar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:34 am

So I changed realms and I pugged Ulduar 25!, we did everything up to Freya (after Thorim and Hodir).

It was too late though I was falling asleep just before they went to Mimiron, I had to leave or look stoopid running around aimleslly while I was snoozing.. LOL
djlar

Postby Erendis » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:53 am

PUGed Ulduar last night. Downed everything but Mimiron, Freya, General and Yoggy. Prob could have gone farther than we did but it was late and people got tired. The key to successful PUGs is being very selective in who you bring.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby blakk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:57 am

In my new guild we have to semi pug everything and we can't do any keepers as of now because we keep getting the healer that spams gheal on the tank and never moves on hodir. :x on the plus side we've learned you can one heal crazy cat lady :lol:
blakk

Postby hthomas13 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:00 am

I've been asfar as all keepers except mimiron, and that was with a mage doing 900 dps and a ret pally at 2300, both being new 80s. I think it wasabout 5 from a guild and the rest PuG.

On my server there is a PuG that finds new people every week and they do HMs and farm the Starcaller title. Again, I think it is a solid basis of about 4-5 people though, so I don't know if that counts.
hthomas13

Postby Leuthas » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:32 pm

There's a guy on my realm that has done PuGs since mid BC. He's built a major reputation for it and nowadays generally gets very well geared and expererienced raiders joining with him. He's repeatedly cleared Ulduar10 in his PuGs, hit Mimiron in Ulduar25 once and made one Immortal Naxx25 pug with a few Undying runs. He's on a bit of a break now though, since 3.2. *cries*
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:30 pm

all of it is puggable, just very slowly.

one pug i was in a few weeks ago actually cleared every single hardmode up to (but not including) freya+3 and firefighter :o. And it really was a pug, everyone recruited from trade chat, led by some guy I'd never heard of in a guild that I don't think has actually done the hardmodes as a guild yet - he did spend a long time picking people though, and several of the other people had done the hardmodes before on other characters. We actually almost had Freya hard too, but people kept screwing up on the last triple-add wave and we lost too many people.

edit: who bumped a 5 month old thread -.-
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby djlar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:20 am

We are not pugging 10 man hard modes, I've gotten 10 HMs, we always seem to fail on firefighter one way or another and group falls appart after a couple of wipes (no patience at all I say)...
Also pugging the 25 man regular modes, with FREE ROLLS on shards.. got my first ever shard, 29 to go for holy spec...
djlar

Postby Devistasion » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:53 am

We are Pugging TOGC 25 on my server I know they have high standards but atleast it happens.
Bronzebeard
82 Holy/Ret BE Paladin Devistasion
85 Gnome Destro PVE/Affliction PVP Warlock TÄinted
85 NE Resto/Balance Druid Moonshìne
82 DR BM leveling PVE/ Marksman PVP Hunter Nelix
85 DR Resto/Elemental Shaman Icys
73 Sub/Combat Worgen Rogue Lostinshadow
78 Disc/shadow DR Priest Laforge
70 Arms/Fury Goblin Warrior Nìghtbane
36 Änomoly Frost/Arcane Goblin Mage

DarkSpear
85 Frost/Blood Human DK Devistasion
19 Balance Worgen Druid Sakhamet
I know Altoholics Anonymous is for me...
Devistasion

Postby guillex » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:37 pm

fafhrd wrote:all of it is puggable, just very slowly.

one pug i was in a few weeks ago actually cleared every single hardmode up to (but not including) freya+3 and firefighter :o. And it really was a pug, everyone recruited from trade chat, led by some guy I'd never heard of in a guild that I don't think has actually done the hardmodes as a guild yet - he did spend a long time picking people though, and several of the other people had done the hardmodes before on other characters. We actually almost had Freya hard too, but people kept screwing up on the last triple-add wave and we lost too many people.

edit: who bumped a 5 month old thread -.-

Actually, it was created 5 months ago, but the thread is only 2 months old, from its last post.

:)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon