Remove Advertisements

Offtank spec for ToC

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Offtank spec for ToC

Postby natijs4 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi, this is obviously my first post and I was wondering what people think of the spec I'm using. I'm used as an offtank mostly for ToC. I tank Jaraxxus and the Anub adds in both ToGC 10 and ToC 25 and I am pretty sure I will be tanking all 4 Anub adds as we progress in 25 ToGC. My main used to be a hunter, so I haven't been playing prot pally for long, so I'm relatively new to this. Here it is:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZE0tAruMusIufdxo

The reason I have Imp. HoJ is because often times on the Jaraxxus fight, I'm the only one on him interrupting Fel Fireballs and it obviously helps a ton in the FC fight. I also tend to gem for threat as opposed to straight stamina if that helps with your responses.
natijs4

Re: Offtank spec for ToC

Postby Argali » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:15 am

Your spec makes me cry, but only because I hate anyone who doesn't spec the same as me ^^

As proven here, speccing into crusade provides more tps in ToC due to the fact they are full of Demons, Undead, Humanoid and Elemental mobs. However, to get to crusade, you'll have to take 2 points from Divine Guardian T_T

Also, the value of divinity has been debated quite a lot, and while some people still stick with it, I personally think it's not very good.

Other than those 2 points, spec seems ok!
Argali

Postby natijs4 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Okay, thanks. Talked to my healers and they are okay with me dropping divinity, so that's what I'm going to do and drop DG to get all 3 crusade points.
natijs4

Postby Thels » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:38 am

natijs4 wrote:I am pretty sure I will be tanking all 4 Anub adds as we progress in 25 ToGC.

Keep in mind that you need very specific gear for tanking all four adds. Chances are that if you're an alt, you probably don't have most of that gear.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby rysieq » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:22 am

what do u think about that spec for tanking

i ma really trying to search somthing new to improve my tanking
rysieq

Postby Gamingdevil » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:09 am

rysieq wrote:what do u think about that spec for tanking

i ma really trying to search somthing new to improve my tanking

Think you would be better off to make your own thread.

Spec is pretty standard. 1/2 Improved BoM is rather useless though, might want to move the point to judgement or something.
SoC is only good for aoe trash and most of us think it's not worth speccing into just for trash. You could keep it if you like it though.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Return to Basic Training & Talents