[10] H Anub Holy Paladin Issue

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] H Anub Holy Paladin Issue

Postby sfrog » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:34 pm

My 10m group has been getting to 10 H Anub with fifty attempts consistently. We run either 2 Prot Paladins, or 1 Prot Paladin / 1 Prot Warrior, with a 3 healer team (Priest, Paladin & Druid). Our DPS make up is normally a Lock, Mage and Balance Druid, with the melee being an enhance shammy and ret Paladin. However, we spend anywhere from 3-15 wipes on Anub with a steady frustrating consistency. Here's the problem. Our Holy Paladin gets killed within 3 secs of P3 every time, forcing us to keep our Priest holy rather then Shadow. Once our holy paladin dies however, it's usually over.

His armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... g&n=lakona

I wish I had a WMO or parse or something, but unfortunately my combat log was corrupt when I went to upload. What he says he dies to is either adds or piercing cold. He prefers (according to the healer lead when asked) to be an aggressive Flash healer and likes to keep RF up for the 3% reduced damage. After talking with my fellow tank, twice he's claimed to die to an add, the adds have been on the tank. I've asked him to try to bubble the second P3 starts - he says he dies too fast to hit his bubble button, and doing so would prevent him from doing DSac later. The priest has tried to keep a cool down on him to no avail.

Is there something I can do as the Anub tank or my fellow tank on adds, do to keep this paladin alive in p3? We almost have had Insanity and then he died (which lead to another of these 15 Anub attempts). Overall he is a very solid healer and solid player - rarely dies on FoC which is more then I can say for some DPS and Healers.
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
sfrog

Re: [10] H Anub Holy Paladin Issue

Postby Shathus » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Having just read through the H10 Anub thread prior to reading this, the main thing I can think of is make sure he's standing with an ice patch between him and the add spawn points. If that is truly what is killing him, the ice should slow them down that there is no doubt you've picked them up.

I also don't understand about his reluctance to bubble. Just DSac at the start of p3 instead of later, it shouldn't make that big a difference.

Also, somewhat of a tangent, I don't get his gearing/gem choices if he's a FoL healer. He's gemmed almost exclusively for INT along with 2 +int trinkets which in my mind is counter to what a FoL spammer should be doing. Heavy INT builds tend to favor HL spam where if you FoL, you stack SP for bigger hits (larger SS bubbles).
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:41 pm

First thing's first, you don't need a third healer on Anub. Every single heroic Anub-10 kill we've had has been with a disc priest and a resto druid. You can afford to have him respec.

Second, your raid needs to position so that the adds have to run through the frost to get to the paladin. This generally means that you should have a frost patch right around where anub spawns. The paladin should be behind the frost patch so that the mobs run to him, get slowed, and get picked up. Better yet, they should be picked up long before they get slowed.

Also, he should turn off RF. If he's getting healing aggro, it's his own fault and he should fix that problem. 3% damage reduction on a healer is not going to make a difference.

Finally, he shouldn't bother with Divine Sacrifice. If you're three healing this fight, you've got way more healing than necessary and there should never be any chance that ANYONE dies. Ever.

Your holy paladin is making several mistakes and is trying to cover for it. Make him position more appropriately, make him follow your instructions, and consider having him DPS.
Last edited by Belloc on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belloc

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Oh, and download an addon that shows you what killed people. I use Acheron and it allows me to see the last 1-60 seconds of a person's combat log (damage, heals, and even buffs/debuffs if you'd like). It shows the killing blows and leaves no question as to what killed the player. If adds are killing him, you'll know. If they're not, you can call him on his BS.

This is one of my favorite mods as a raid leader, as it allows me to identify bad play or problem areas ("I got one shot!" "no... you went 15 seconds without heals").
Belloc

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:09 am

If you got Recount, it has already a function to show what killed people.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby hoho » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:21 am

I'm not sure how things are on 10-man but on 25-man heroic our rogues need to actually DPS the adds a few seconds instead of just throwing a couple of fok's to keep agro off the healers that don't use RF. I'd say he should stop using RF if he is pulling healing threat, 3% damage reduction isn't really worth all that much if he is constantly pulling threat.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby hthomas13 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:57 am

I am going to go out on a whim here and suggest you may also want to switch something with the dps around. It seems as though you have no healing reduction in the group (hunter, rogue, arms/fury warrior) and this may also cause a longer fight and in return give your holy pally more of a chance to get eaten apart or whatever he does to get killed. I have a holy pally myself in mostly 245s but I would not truely be able to help with how to gear a flashadin because I use about 40% holy light due to a relatively large mana pool, 33-34k raid buffed. Perhaps he should use Holy lights more? even though that could be a problem with the splash heal it provides to those surrounding when glyphed, and my crits cause about a 1900 heal. (My holy pally is named Obsessed, dont look up this character my off-spec is ret or arena healing depending on my mood).
hthomas13

Postby Splattage » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:37 am

If he wants to flash spam for Anub P3 he needs to gem SP not Int.
P3 is a good time to flash spam to avoid overhealing and therefore Anub-healing, but it's probably better on 10H anub to keep him on tank bacon with cold target Holy Lights. Your other healers can keep the cold targets from dieing while he gets the holy light to land. Tree rolling hots and priest healing cold also leaves the HolyPally on Tank Heal with bacon Holy light spam. Realistically, if you have a tree you have no need for flash spam. A Tree can do the job faster, better and for more people.

RF? WTF? aggro bad - adds hit HARD - 3% less damage from an add will still wtfpwn a healer even one wearing plate - the point is to not get aggro in the first place. RF on P3 doesnt help at all since Anub is leeching health - not damage - and penetrating cold will kill you just as fast even if you had 25% damage reduction heals must land on the targets of penetrating cold.

I like that he has DiSac and you should be using it on P3 at the start with a bubble to help get into your P3 groove. Bubble gets you 12 seconds to get situated and rolling and the start of Phase three can be a real mess.
Splattage : My job is simple : Take every boss hit : Don't Die : the rest is up to you
Splattage

Postby xxkinetikxx » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:40 am

Why.... WHY is this holy pally spec'd into improved RF?

Now that I've addressed that, we have a resto sham in our 10 man group and going into phase 3 puts up insane healer threat. More so then our holy pally, it may be that your H Pally is infact throwing up nasty threat but RF does not help. Have him stand right underneath Anub on the ice patch.

If you wanna watch I posted a video of our last kill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_hXcHjCTbM Be sure to watch in HD.

You can see going into Phase 3 our resto sham pull agro. Granted I was positioned incorrectly but I still taunted, judged and hit one of the adds and it was still on him. Luckily our H Pally happened to Holy Wrath just then to interrupt the shadow strike and I had time to gain the agro back.

Long story short make him stand behind you, don't be standing in a bad position (like myself in the video) and just hammer the piss out of them.

Hope this helps a bit. But really get him to change his spec if anything his healing will improve I think.

EDIT** Just had a thought but you most likely could toss a HoS on him as well.
xxkinetikxx

Postby Paxi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:50 am

xxkinetikxx wrote:Why.... WHY is this holy pally spec'd into improved RF?

Its a better option to reach DG in the protection tree then dodge / str or toughness for a holy paladin imo.

And since hes specced for 3/3 imp RF he has 6% dmg reduction :] But i agree, its nothing he should be using. Picking up adds in 10man Heroic is a bit random due to their spawn locations and often does get closer to your healers due to this. Correct position and no RF up improves his chances of getting hit by the adds for sure.

I'm not sure if FoL spammers use holy shock that much but surely this would atleast save himself if he gets PC?
Paxi

Postby Taeron » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:45 am

Kinetix,

Which addon is the one that shows large health bars over the heads of mobs? Thanks.
Taeron

Postby xxkinetikxx » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:41 am

Taeron wrote:Kinetix,

Which addon is the one that shows large health bars over the heads of mobs? Thanks.

The addon is TidyPlates and I use the Knurl theme.

Tidyplates: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13674-TidyPlates.html
Knurl theme: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14016.html
xxkinetikxx

Postby Buttercupcake » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:33 pm

If he's dead set on using rf you could use him as a honey pot to get adds to come straight to you by having him stack on you.
Buttercupcake

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon