Remove Advertisements

Heroic Shattered halls..... Failed.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Shattered halls..... Failed.

Postby thangos » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:33 pm

Ok i guess i may be venting somewhat, but i am severly mad about this and dont understand what happened. Went in to do heroic SH last night, and got ass handed to us. Not at first but when we got to third boss... the ogre.

Started out with a shammy healing and had rogue and mage and ret pally for dps... did actually fine and cleared all the way to 3rd boss with minimal deaths. Shammy kept me up all the time.. wipe 2 times on second boss.. and then the rogue d/c'd and the pally and shammy left ... i called in the reserves out of my guild and had full guild group.. Magex2 warlockx1 priest x1 and me tanking. This guild is pretty good as they have done kara and started on SSC and have done gruul.

Well needless to say the priest was letting me die every pull it seemed... we tried to bypass the boss to get to kargath and for some reason she could not keep me up.... the dogs and houndmaster wiped us like 5 times and then we all gave up. I /sent my mage friend who got me in the guild... man i dont know wtf is wrong you have ran this with me before and you know i can tank it. He was like well she heals good on raids....

Do the last few hit harder? i mean i was 2-3 tanking the rest of the instance and the shammy kept me up fine, but we did not do one single pull that she was able to keep me healed.... and the one time we tried the third boss when we decided not to keep dying trying to get to kargath in time, she ran out of mana and i died...... HELP PLEASE!!
thangos

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:50 am

The packs of 2 Champions hit quite hard but nothing compared to the packs of 6-7 mobs you encounter before.

The 2nd boss is usually a easy boss, even with 3 clothies. BoP and such are useful. We even once did it after on hes first aggro-dump he nuked down the healer and was still at 80% and we menaged to kill him anyway.

Sadly you cannot skip that boss. If you skip him, he will come hugging you during Kargath's fight.

I'd say that your priest was drunk or something like that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Caelia » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:23 am

Second Boss is easy, i just do a body pull. Judge and consecrate, then next judge i generally do Sotc. Once he drops agro i pop wings, avengers shield, judge and consecrate and he usually then sticks on me the entire fight, he came off once for a second then i just did another shield and he came running back.

as to your healer priest, think he must o just been slacking.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Zahir » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:23 am

If you are doing your job: tanking the adds and not letting them get to your group. And DPS is doing their job(CCing, not pulling aggro, focus fire on target) then it's your healer. I've only recently started tanking heroics, but I can tell you the healer makes a huge difference. If they aren't used to healing heroics where things hit sometimes for more than the mobs in karazhan, find another healer you can rely on.
Zahir

Postby lusisia » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:47 am

Caelia wrote:Second Boss is easy, i just do a body pull. Judge and consecrate, then next judge i generally do Sotc. Once he drops agro i pop wings, avengers shield, judge and consecrate and he usually then sticks on me the entire fight, he came off once for a second then i just did another shield and he came running back.

as to your healer priest, think he must o just been slacking.

QFT. Do NOT pop wings on the second boss up front. In fact I explicitly ask the DPS to take it easy until he swaps. When I see him emote and go for someone else on the head switch, I pop my wings then and shield/judge his ass. That ALWAYS sticks him right back on me.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:08 am

lusisia wrote:QFT. Do NOT pop wings on the second boss up front. In fact I explicitly ask the DPS to take it easy until he swaps. When I see him emote and go for someone else on the head switch, I pop my wings then and shield/judge his ass. That ALWAYS sticks him right back on me.

I wholeheartedly endorse this strategy. I was doing heroic SH most nights for a fortnight or so whilst badge farming, and this was the strategy that worked. Especially if the rest of the group pops any aggro-reducing tricks they have at that point.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby thangos » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:51 am

well i finally finished heroic SH and i can honestly say that if your healer is a great healer on raids they can still be teh suq in heroics. Raids with 2-3 healers on one target their slowness is compensated for/ made up by other healers... heroics its them healing with no back up. To down the ogre boss (actually 3rd boss on heroic the 2nd is the guy at the end of gauntlet of flame) we simply pulled him up in the hall and dps got on each side of him and went nucking futs... that way even if he went for them he was in my consecrate aura in the confined space. we had several times where we were trying to learn the pulls but im really confident in my ability as a tankadin now and as long as i have a decent healer i feel i can tank anything... well anything except BM heroic have not tried it .... yet :p
thangos

Postby Caelia » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:00 am

Ulushnar wrote:
lusisia wrote:QFT. Do NOT pop wings on the second boss up front. In fact I explicitly ask the DPS to take it easy until he swaps. When I see him emote and go for someone else on the head switch, I pop my wings then and shield/judge his ass. That ALWAYS sticks him right back on me.

I wholeheartedly endorse this strategy. I was doing heroic SH most nights for a fortnight or so whilst badge farming, and this was the strategy that worked. Especially if the rest of the group pops any aggro-reducing tricks they have at that point.

the once he drops agro part was when he does the emote and goes for someone else... i never do my wings upfront on the guy anymore.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby seregul » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:51 am

If you have a hunter in your party, have them use misdirect after the aggro switch. Works like a charm.
Deviate by all means in name,
cuz we all crawl in quicksand the same.
seregul

Postby Suikano » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Caelia wrote:
Ulushnar wrote:

the once he drops agro part was when he does the emote and goes for someone else... i never do my wings upfront on the guy anymore.

This worked beautifully for me the other night.
Suikano

Postby Ciandin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:48 pm

Worldie wrote:Sadly you cannot skip that boss. If you skip him, he will come hugging you during Kargath's fight.

Rumor has it that Kargath and the Ogre twins have kidnapped our kittens, and Invisusira needs to defeat them at the same time for the rescue :twisted:
Ciandin

Postby Ohmslaw » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:34 pm

I've only run this three times on heroic. I can wholeheartedly agree with the statement that just because a healer is good in raids does not make them ideal for heroics.

However, ran it twice with no problems with my holy pally friend. For the 3rd boss (Ogre) I put on my Khorium set and tank with SoV.

I pull with avenger's, judge righteousness, consecrate, start the stack with wings still active, and then judgement is up, seal/judge crusader, continue back with vengeance.

The last time through I lost his attention for maybe 10s total. Just avenger's shield then judge vengeance. Worked well for me.

At that time I had just under 400sd, so I'm sure that helps. YMMV.
Ohmslaw

Postby Juliette » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:44 pm

I start without the wings. First time aggro drops, it's usually the SP who gets aggro cos I always do heroics with him, so I BoP him. Usually he is dead before the 2nd aggro drop, but if not, then I use my AW+AS to pull him back.

I had problems with the last boss though a few times. We tried different tactics until I suggested that I stand on top of the stairs and just AoE tank everything, which worked perfectly.
Juliette

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Juliette wrote:I start without the wings. First time aggro drops, it's usually the SP who gets aggro cos I always do heroics with him, so I BoP him. Usually he is dead before the 2nd aggro drop, but if not, then I use my AW+AS to pull him back.

I had problems with the last boss though a few times. We tried different tactics until I suggested that I stand on top of the stairs and just AoE tank everything, which worked perfectly.

That is the best way to handle the last boss, on heroic the adds have to many hitpoints to have somebody just solo them.

I have to admit it was funny when we tried to skip the second last boss months ago, we were on the last boss and the tank (I was on my priest) started saying over vent, "this is wipe, we are done." We were all saying that we are fine and asking what the problems... and then we saw the towering figure of Warbringer O'mrogg over the walls by the stairs.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby Exodius » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:33 am

Mobs can and do hit like bricks on heroics, especially if you have more than one doing so.

If someone is a raid healer and use to just spamming a downranked heal, they need to learn that just won't work in a heroic.

Pre-heal, watch what your tank is doing, and don't be afraid to use a big heal. That's how a heroic healer should be thinking. Downranking can and does work, but they need to always plan ahead for a max rank heal if things get hard.

As someone else said, raid healing, you can get carried by the other healers, especially if there is a surplus or else you are healing the raid instead of just a main tank. No back ups in heroics though. :(
Exodius

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics