Remove Advertisements

[VOA 10] Earth, Wind and Fire

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[VOA 10] Earth, Wind and Fire

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:33 am

So, it's been done. How exactly? And is it possible to do it on ten man with only two tanks? I'm very interested in giving this a go.

I tried searching on the board for this but didn't come up with much.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: [VOA 10] Earth, Wind and Fire

Postby Njall » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:40 am

Nikachelle wrote:So, it's been done. How exactly? And is it possible to do it on ten man with only two tanks? I'm very interested in giving this a go.

I tried searching on the board for this but didn't come up with much.

Tankspot forums has some info: http://tankspot.com/forums/f124/54163-earth-wind-fire.html

And here's a fairly long video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3fOXp0HLQk for the second world achievement. This video has a decent bit of exposition as to how/why they did it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zigOZIDuxkc

Hope this helps.

Njall
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby hthomas13 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:10 am

My god that is a difficult achieve, WTB reward?
hthomas13

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:17 am

hthomas13 wrote:My god that is a difficult achieve, WTB reward?

The experience is the reward.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby hthomas13 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:28 am

Nikachelle wrote:
hthomas13 wrote:My god that is a difficult achieve, WTB reward?

The experience is the reward.

Yes true, I won't smash my head into my keyboard for no title though, my guild is not this leet =[
hthomas13

Postby Soralin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:09 am

We did it as follows:

3 tanks - DK / Prot Paladin (me) / Prot Warrior
3 healers - Paladin / Shaman / Priest
4 DPS - Hunter / Hunter / Rogue / Boomkin

We started at Koralon and pulled him, kited to Archavon's room.
Once Koralon was ~15% (just after the second (third?) meteor fists had ended we pulled Archavon.

Tanks need to establish threat on both and pre-taunt so they are second on archavon's threat when he grabs the tank. When archavon stomps and grabs the tank, the other tank is now tanking both and needs to shield wall. Once the stomped tank gets out, he takes Koralon and taunts archavon (who is immediately taunted back) so he's second on threat ready for the next stomp.

We had DK/Prot Paladin on Koralon/Archavon.

Once Archavon was around 20% all of our DPS along with prot warrior and priest raced over to Emalon and killed him. By the time they'd killed him, our tanks had got Koralon/Archavon low enough that we were able to finish them off in time.

Problems we had - tank death during stomp. Holy paladin with Beacon is invaluable for healing this but it is a huge amount of damage to heal through especially if you get meteor fists up as well.
Deaths on Emalon as the priest had trouble keeping people up through chain lightnings etc etc. Switching to disc and preshielding helped significantly with this.

Mostly its about getting the timing right, assuming your tanks live and your dps is on track. We wiped a couple of times as emalon team left too early - or too late. Don't be afraid to get Archavon/Koralon lower before you leave either, but its wasted time if your tanks have to stop hitting stuff as they're too low.
Soralin

Postby Aubade » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:42 am

Invaluable information Soralin, i've been trying to find a strat I liked for 10M And I like this one. Just got 25M EWF Yesterday, so just need this and aSDFLKJA Immortal and My Dungeoun and Raids tab will be 100% Complete on the front page
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Soralin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:55 am

Best of luck :) It's just EWF25 for me for that completed "front page", we'll be giving it a shot on sunday.

8 Dungeons and Raids achievements remain - hopefully I can knock them all over before Icecrown (but I think 25 Traitor King will be a real bitch, lol)
Soralin

Postby fafhrd » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:23 pm

25 traitor king is easier than 10 traitor king by a lot >.>

*nightmares from when we tried it on 10*
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Baelik » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:25 am

Have been making few attempts when we get the opportunity (Horde has difficulty winning WG on my server) We were able to take Koralon to Archavon's room like in the video but once we grab Archavon the fight becomes very hectic with choking clouds and fire patches making life difficult for healers and tanks alike.

So far we've got Koralon to 15% but fall short just as Archavon starts to stomp around.
Baelik

Postby Staudamm » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:39 am

Finally a thread where I can add my share of experience.

We did it on Monday as following:

3 Tanks (2x Tankadin, 1x Warrior)
3 Healers (2x Healadin, 1x Holy Priest)
4 DPS (Enhancer, Mage, Warlock, Moonkin)

Step 1: Pull Koralon, drag him up to archavon's stairs. Stop dragging when meteor fists are on. Full dps.
Step 2: When he hits his meteor fists around 15-20%, wait till it's over and pull Archavon to the middle of his room including Koralon. 1 Tank grabs Koralon, 1 Tank Archavon. Full DPS on Archavon. 5 Seconds before stomp, make the Koralon-Tank taunt Archavon and the Archavon-Tank taunts him right back.
Step 3: Stomp, K-Tank take it all. After that, Archavon-Tank takes him back. Use 2 good Tanks that can communicate if their cooldowns are gone to switch targets.
Step 4: At 15%, Tank 3 goes to Emalon with the holy priest and the 4 DPS. Burn down Emalon asap.

Final Step. Tanks burn down Koralon when it take 60 Seconds to kill Emalon and then Archavon
The achievements takes some seconds to be shown :)
Staudamm

Postby Paxi » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Fire resistance on the kologarn tank is quite nice, did complete this with 395 fire resistance tonight :] No actually logs to support this but i took quite less dmg compared to the tank without :P

Support heals on the raid durring burning breaths when they are away killing off Emalon helped us out alot. Had to have them called out since timers would get quite messy for the group over at Emalon juggeling 3 diffrent encounters in the air ;)
Paxi

Postby Sathoris » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:58 am

We used:

2 Tanks: DK/Paladin
1 Capped Fire Resistance DPS/Tank: DK
3 Healers: 1 Paladin, 1 Priest (Holy), 1 Resto Shaman
4 DPS: 2 Rogues, 1 SP, 1 Mage

Here's the video of our Kill:

Edit:
Download: http://www.filefront.com/14913049/EW%26F_0002.wmv
Stream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UnDJ3XJ_2w

I Disconnected right at the taunt on Kologarn + Archavon but somehow we managed to do it (used Bubble wall + trinkets by instinct i guess)

It was a fun fight and slightly difficult. Way more difficult then Anub 10 HM, even with the gear from 25 man (some 25 man heroic).

Too bad Blizz didn't add any reward to it, to get more people to try to do it, I'm just happy we managed to get it done even without a specific reward. As someone said already the actual reward is the experience of doing it.

Enjoy,
Sathoris

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon