Remove Advertisements

[10m Heroic] Lord Jaraxxus

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10m Heroic] Lord Jaraxxus

Postby Invisusira » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:41 am

Nikachelle wrote:Yeah I started doing the drag over thing when I noticed the portals weren't going down fast enough. At one point we were getting 3-4 maidens in the raid from one portal and that was just hell.

D:

That's pretty bad. Your DPS needs to be much, MUCH better at switching, and switching right away. We really don't do anything special for 10 man since we have 25 man gear (I'll still run over and help dps), but like Guillex said in 25 we pop CDs for the 1st, Hero for the 2nd, and CDs again for the 3rd. The 4th we'll sometimes get a 2nd mistress, but any more than one is a HUGE tax on the healers.

Your goals should be:
Portal - No more than 1 maiden.
Volcano - No more than 3 infernals.

One key thing is that you can control where the portals and volcanoes will spawn. I'll typically spawn them right in the middle of the raid to minimize run time. They always spawn just off his left side:

Every now and then he'll spin around to cast something just when one spawns and it will be on the other side, but 90% of the time it will land right where you want it.

If you want to, you could even try having melee go and stand on where the portal will spawn when you get the DBM "summonz coming soon" warning. It's absolutely imperative that you meet those goals every time for a clean kill, much more important than DPSing the boss.
Invisusira

Postby Auroris » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:40 am

If you bring say... a shadow priest to the raid or an aff warlock, your chances of getting a portal down is going to be very minimum for the spawn. I am not saying you should stack the raid without them, but for 10man, people have to hold their own. Which means ALL dps, melee and range have to switch to the portal. Like Invis says, if you need to, blow a cooldown for it. We always 2min cooldown portals, just because of our gear difference. Heroism is always on cooldown for even bosses, lol.

Portals + Volcanoes spawn to his left or back side. Usually caused he'll chain lightning someone and cause a volcano to spawn behind him. Portals never happen after a fel lightning, but always before, so you're always going to get the same portal spawn. Now don't hold me to this, but that is what I have expirienced on 10man.

He has a 10min enrage timer for a reason, just keep moving, keep healing, and you will do fine. DPS portals and volcanoes, and range stay on infernals, and you will be golden. It's tough at first, but you'll get it down.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Invisusira » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:05 am

Exolaeth wrote:Portals + Volcanoes spawn to his left or back side.

No, Divinius, just his left.

When he faces a raid member to Fel Lightning/Legion Flame/Incinerate Flesh, it will still spawn on his left side. He just won't be facing the tank anymore, it will be to his left towards whichever raid member he's facing.
Invisusira

Postby Auroris » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:53 am

Invisusira wrote:

When he faces a raid member to Fel Lightning/Legion Flame/Incinerate Flesh, it will still spawn on his left side. He just won't be facing the tank anymore, it will be to his left towards whichever raid member he's facing.

>.> Which I further explained!
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby guillex » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:58 am

Exolaeth wrote:
Invisusira wrote:

>.> Which I further explained!

No, you actually said that they spawn behind him if he spins around to cast something... Which is not true.

It will ALWAYS spawn to his left... It just depends on which way he's facing. If you're tanking him while HE faces the door, then the portal/volcano will always be on the left side of the doors (his left). If he spins to cast Incinerate/Flame/Lightning, the portal/volcano will be on the right side of the doors (still his left)... Nothing ever spawns "behind" him.

You may just be catching the end of his "imma-spin-and-cast-then-summon-something-then-spin-back-to-the-tank" animation.

Think of NASCAR. If you're in the driver's seat, you're turning left. If you're looking at the driver as he putt-putts along, it may look like he's going right ... but he's still always turning left (unless the NASCAR course is in Montreal. That's a whole different story).
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Invisusira » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:20 pm

guillex wrote:Think of NASCAR.

no
Invisusira

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:07 am

Invisusira wrote:

no

You have something else in mind where something's always going/turning left? It was the first thing that popped into my head, and only after I made several jokes about NASCAR in general did I post the metaphor.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Frew » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:41 am

guillex wrote:
Invisusira wrote:

no

You have something else in mind where something's always going/turning left? It was the first thing that popped into my head, and only after I made several jokes about NASCAR in general did I post the metaphor.

Zoolander? Oh wait, he couldn't turn left.

I'm going to have to try single tanking this one. My guild has difficulty with the 1-shot on Jaraxxus each week. Hopefully this will make it more consistent.
Image Image
Frew
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon