Remove Advertisements

Jan'alai - Dragonhawk Avatar

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Tiandelin » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:31 am

Sheesh, the perplexing hostility. I was just wondering whether anyone had tried it with some FR gear and seen a difference, since I noticed that I was taking significant amounts of fire damage and the dragonhawks were hitting me for very little. Forgive me for raising the question of whether or not some FR might help in that situation. Incredibly illogical, I know.

Yes, he's entirely beatable without any FR gear. I assure you that I am aware of that fact. I was just interested in hearing about the effect on overall incoming damage from anyone who had actually tried it that way. I know that trying new and different things is bad (ya know, like paladins tanking in the first place...), but I couldn't help but be curious.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:34 am

Postby Invisusira » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:53 am

IDEAS ARE NOT ALLOWED
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Postby Lugnut » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:12 pm

We put a hunter frost trap down in the ramp tunnel thing, it slowed them down enough for my consecration to aggro them all even during a port. After that our lone warlock seed spammed and we win, repeat on other side and voila.

Course we wiped like 6x because people kept eating bombs...

also for the stacking fire debuff....after first pack is dead divine shield/cancel aura to clear it.(mine was stacked to something stupid like 52 lol)
Image
Lugnut
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:03 am

Postby Comma » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:50 pm

Does anyone know what happen to the last 2 hatchers if all the eggs are hatched? despawn or start killing ppl? as we always kill.

And, did anyone actually counted how many eggs per platform? lol we always let it hatch 1/3 - 1/2 at a time.

Also, I think there are 2 enrages as ppl in my raid stated, one is soft enrage, which is triggered after 3mins since engage, the other is the real enrage, which happens when boss is at 25% hp, or at the 10mins or 8mins timer?
User avatar
Comma
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:24 pm

Postby Jarkeld » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:11 am

there seem to be 20 eggs per side
when we did this boss, we let a hatcher pop up to 4 ( for a total of 10 adds, half the side) twice AoEing them down after which we got him to his 35% then I tanked the whole other side at once and then we finished him off
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:01 pm

Postby Comma » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:32 am

Jarkeld wrote:there seem to be 20 eggs per side
when we did this boss, we let a hatcher pop up to 4 ( for a total of 10 adds, half the side) twice AoEing them down after which we got him to his 35% then I tanked the whole other side at once and then we finished him off

Um, if 20 eggs per side, and you hatch 4 at a time for the first platform, you needed 5 transitions to clear one side?
then you were able to clear the other side in 1 transition?
How so?
User avatar
Comma
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:24 pm

Postby Inferno255 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:55 am

We put a druid on the boss. We killed one hatcher and let the other one hatch the rest so I could pick the birds up more easily as they were coming from one side at a time. I had 200 fire resistance gear on and just tanked them all, aoed down all the birds. Easy fight=P
I did get some nasty damage but nothing healers couldn't handle. Got up to 65 stacks at some point, but FR does help alot on resists afaik.
Image
Inferno255
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:31 am

Postby Tiandelin » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:10 pm

Inferno255 wrote:We put a druid on the boss. We killed one hatcher and let the other one hatch the rest so I could pick the birds up more easily as they were coming from one side at a time. I had 200 fire resistance gear on and just tanked them all, aoed down all the birds. Easy fight=P
I did get some nasty damage but nothing healers couldn't handle. Got up to 65 stacks at some point, but FR does help alot on resists afaik.


Thank you, that's what I was wanting to know. Incidentally, that's pretty much the way we did the fight, except we only one did side at once.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:34 am

Postby Aalryn » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:38 pm

Comma wrote:Does anyone know what happen to the last 2 hatchers if all the eggs are hatched? despawn or start killing ppl? as we always kill.


they just stand there trying to hatch more.. they do nothing.

What I do now, and I have found best, is that if both go to one side.. leave them both alive. Walk over, let them hatch all of the eggs while you pick up the dragonhawks. as they spawn you seal & melee one of them, all of them from that batch will be on you, consecrate will secure them. After all of them hatch the hatchers will walk to the other side and begin to pop those eggs... i have my mages/locks aoe down the hawks that are on me while they walk over, then pop the other side entirely.

I've gotten it down to get all of the eggs dead before the second set of hatchers spawn. This makes for a very fast boss kill. (I have my offtank tank the boss since he doesn't hit hard anyway).

When all of the eggs are down, i just shield off the flame buffets and throw some spot heals while we burn down the boss without a care.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
User avatar
Aalryn
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Postby skellislayer » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:45 pm

This is how we setup.

I was on the adds - protection warrior on the boss in the NE corner. We killed the hatchlings in 2 shots. 1 side at a time. No resist gear.

When the hatchers spawn, the east side killed their hatcher right away.

On the west side, our hunter placed a frost trap right at the end of the bridge.

As the first few came over I threw avengers shield in an picked them up - popped wings, then began to consecrate the mass influx after that. Called out "blow um up" and 2 arcane mages & a lock spamming SoC went to town. I think we had an earthbind totem up also.

The bomb game did start and summon us all to the middle, they were nearly dead and I was still able to control them til they dropped.

I cleansed the debuffs off myself the 1st round - bubbled them off the 2nd.

Did the opposite side the same way - trap, Avengers shield, consecrate, AoE blastfest.

We lost our protection warrior at about 12% - and taunts didn't seem to work...but I managed to get aggro and we finished him off with 2 dps, myself, and 1 healer.

Fun fight, definitely try to keep your camera zoomed way out, and overhead during the bomb game.

Also, he can be reset - just dont jump down the wrong side.
skellislayer
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:09 pm

Postby Comma » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:07 am

Did the hatcher still hatch more eggs when the boss was throwing fireballs? its all my concern about tanking 1 wing in 1 transition at a time.
User avatar
Comma
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:24 pm

Postby Aetherial » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:37 am

Zaroua wrote:For the Dragonhawk avatar, we were using a T4 geared Warrior (around 14k HP buffed) and a Prot Paladin (T4 geared) - Warrior on the boss and Paladin on the hatchlings.

What we found out to work very well was to let all the hatchlings spawn before the boss hits enrage - it upped the healing requirements on the raid but made healing our somewhat undergeared MT very easily once the boss became enraged. It had proven to be somewhat difficult to heal him when he'd get 2-3 crushes in a row while running away from bombs.


Why is your warrior getting crushed? When the bombs spawn in the minigame, there's usually a sizable safe area around the boss... worst case scenario, your MT rotates him slightly to ensure that he doesn't get annihilated.

I did this yesterday and had my OT (Kara/T4 prot warrior) tanking this guy while I handled the birds, and he never moved himself or the boss from the center. I can't remember for sure, but I don't think he had to move him on the previous reset either.

Comma wrote:Did the hatcher still hatch more eggs when the boss was throwing fireballs? its all my concern about tanking 1 wing in 1 transition at a time.


This happens more than half (if not all) the time... you'll end up going to the minigame without all the eggs popped. You may be lucky and have dropped a fresh Consecrate right before the minigame, but relying on planning rather than chance is always the better option.

I usually set up my teams with at least one mage and one hunter... once the minigame goes off our mage tries to lock down the hawks with a well-placed Rank 1 Frost Nova (I still have plenty of aggro) and the ones that continue to spawn are usually still getting slowed by the Frost Trap on the bridge. Assuming not completely awful bomb placement, I'm usually able to get back within Consecrate range to pick up the additional birds while the minigame is going on (sometimes a little hairy to see the outer bomb spawns under all the birds).

The only thing that has complicated things (not caused a wipe, yet, thankfully) is the relative chaos of minigame + a crapload of birds. Eventhough you'll have control of the birds, it's a lot of distracting motion onscreen, and you may miss the second group of hatchers spawning (or the first one running over?) and end up with the other side getting opened up before you expect it. Just make sure your hunter or whoever you have in charge of nuking hatchers keeps their eyes open. If you don't have a lot of AOE, you can drag your cloud of birds over to the other side and start picking it up, but this may overstress your healers depending on your gear level.
Image
Aetherial
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:11 am

Postby Comma » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:35 am

Aalryn wrote:they just stand there trying to hatch more.. they do nothing.

What I do now, and I have found best, is that if both go to one side.. leave them both alive. Walk over, let them hatch all of the eggs while you pick up the dragonhawks. as they spawn you seal & melee one of them, all of them from that batch will be on you, consecrate will secure them. After all of them hatch the hatchers will walk to the other side and begin to pop those eggs... i have my mages/locks aoe down the hawks that are on me while they walk over, then pop the other side entirely.

I've gotten it down to get all of the eggs dead before the second set of hatchers spawn. This makes for a very fast boss kill. (I have my offtank tank the boss since he doesn't hit hard anyway).

When all of the eggs are down, i just shield off the flame buffets and throw some spot heals while we burn down the boss without a care.

Appreciate that, though, you would begin with 1 hatcher on one side though, as the other goes to the other side, so were you able to pick all the spawns when the boss begins to throw fireballs? As Im sure, he does that before all the birds are hatched by one hatcher.

If you were able to, that means the hatcher keeps hatching eggs while boss throws fireballs right? then ppl finish off the rest of the dragonhawks after fireballs explode.

Though, I dont get how did you finish all the dragonhawks before 2nd hatcher spawn, since you have to kill one hatcher at the 1st spawn.
User avatar
Comma
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:24 pm

Postby Aalryn » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:31 am

If the hatchers go to separate sides we kill one.

The other hatcher will pop eggs like normal. When I get ported back into the room, I'll run right back to the entrance to the tunnel and lay down another consecrate. After the hatcher pops all of them one one side, he stops and walks over to the other side. Fortunately when he gets there he doesn't start back popping 1. He'll pop the entire side in one or two hits.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
User avatar
Aalryn
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Postby sindorei » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Aalryn wrote:If the hatchers go to separate sides we kill one.

The other hatcher will pop eggs like normal. When I get ported back into the room, I'll run right back to the entrance to the tunnel and lay down another consecrate. After the hatcher pops all of them one one side, he stops and walks over to the other side. Fortunately when he gets there he doesn't start back popping 1. He'll pop the entire side in one or two hits.

so did you mean it will be much easier to have 1 hatcher pops all adds first and then aoe them down, shift to another side once cleared. then zerg the boss.
User avatar
sindorei
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
?php } else { ?