Remove Advertisements

[10m Heroic] Lord Jaraxxus

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10m Heroic] Lord Jaraxxus

Postby Epimer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:48 am

Lava Burst would be ideal. I've read that if you're really stuck for another school of magic (such as on a Holy Pally), the Hearthstone cast can be used sacrificially. Huge caveat that I can't verify this myself, and can only imagine the hilarity which would ensue if the cast actually went to completion :D
Epimer

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:23 pm

*sticks hand up again* Is Lave Burst an elemental talent, or do all shammies get it?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 pm

Lava Burst is a core Shaman ability, so all shamans will have access to it. Best of luck!
Belloc

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Belloc wrote:Lava Burst is a core Shaman ability, so all shamans will have access to it. Best of luck!

Yessss. Thank you! This should make our resto shaman quite happy. He was properly pissed off with his class on Sunday due to being silenced constantly.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Ironhaart » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:07 am

Nikachelle wrote:Two tank strategy wasn't cutting it since I kept the rogue on the boss to interrupt so that left only four dps on the adds. We'd sometimes get two mistress' from a portal and sometimes four inferno thingies. So I might attempt the single tank idea next time we go.

We downed Lord J last night after many 'feeling out' wipes, this was our first attempt at him.

We found the same problem, especially as as our rogue is one of our top DPS, so we sent him on the portal and said to hell with interupts. In the time it took for all our DPS (including some lolprot from me) to down the portal and leave one maiden I would maybe get one fel fireball, which of course I could interupt myself (or just be healed through).

Must confess we never thought of single tanking, but then this worked just fine in two goes.

Over-aggroing the Tank is like a drunken one-night stand. Fun at the time, then everything goes black and you wake up feeling uncomfortable, resented, and ultimately a little embarrassed by your performance.
Ironhaart

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:37 am

We popped everything we had on the first Portal, I think even Invis dragged JarJar over to dps the thing... Second Portal was Heroism... Third Portal was CDs again.

I believe we had one phase with two Maidens up, which was messy, but we got through it.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:40 am

guillex wrote:We popped everything we had on the first Portal, I think even Invis dragged JarJar over to dps the thing... Second Portal was Heroism... Third Portal was CDs again.

I believe we had one phase with two Maidens up, which was messy, but we got through it.

Yeah I started doing the drag over thing when I noticed the portals weren't going down fast enough. At one point we were getting 3-4 maidens in the raid from one portal and that was just hell.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:25 am

Phew! Good thing nobody realised that I was talking about the 25m encounter ... I love it when some strats carry over from one size to the next!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:38 am

guillex wrote:Phew! Good thing nobody realised that I was talking about the 25m encounter ... I love it when some strats carry over from one size to the next!

I kind of figured, but the same methods pretty much still apply.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Pala » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Our grouping is similar to the OP except we had a priest instead of holy paladin. Having more ranged than melee helps in this fight. I switched over to DXE (Deus Vox Encounters) instead of DBM so i haven't seen the fight with DBM. DXE is wonderful though and except for when I'm on adds I call out "<Player> Run!" or "Heal <Player>" to help coordinate since I'm offtanking. Our rogue attacks the portal or volcano and then goes back to the boss since he died in the infernal AoE often. I would also call out who was going to get the Maiden's Piledriver because she targets them quickly and then jumps over to them. This helped our healers. Other than that we just needed people to be on the ball and stop what they are doing when they have to move.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:40 am

As an additional information, you can trick the Mistress Kiss debuff by cancelcasting as if you were PvPing.

Start casting something, interrupt the cast like 0.5 sec after, you'll get the damage but no interrupt and debuff is gone

Win win?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby hthomas13 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:51 am

Worldie wrote:As an additional information, you can trick the Mistress Kiss debuff by cancelcasting as if you were PvPing.

Start casting something, interrupt the cast like 0.5 sec after, you'll get the damage but no interrupt and debuff is gone

Win win?

This sufficently works for a Holy Paladin? I was under the impression that Holy paladins were boned except for the hearthstone trick, and this hurts because my holy pally does about 45-50% of my healing for just about every fight, with 3 healers (I can normally just put her on both tanks and everything is fine and dandy).
hthomas13

Postby deigo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8dTkKTjgQY

I just made this video. Fyi i dont script any of the commentary (i feel its better that way sometimes but i am quite retarded sometimes). But hope it helps.

p.s. dont expect some amazing editing,
deigo

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:25 am

hthomas13 wrote:
This sufficently works for a Holy Paladin? I was under the impression that Holy paladins were boned except for the hearthstone trick, and this hurts because my holy pally does about 45-50% of my healing for just about every fight, with 3 healers (I can normally just put her on both tanks and everything is fine and dandy).

Works fine for my Shaman, i haven't really tried on paladin but i'd assume it works as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby guillex » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:22 am

I would actually hope that it does work ... Seeing as Holy Pallies are pretty much boned for it, as their only school is Holy.

I'd told our main Holy Pally about it last week, but I don't know if she'd tried it or not. I know that she's still on a pretty dung-filled computer for the moment.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon