Remove Advertisements

(10H) Gibbed by Acidmaw poison

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

(10H) Gibbed by Acidmaw poison

Postby Rutilcaper » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:06 am

So, we had this problem in normal mode two. When the worms submerge, Acidmaw applies his poison immediately upon resurfacing and nobody in the raid has burning bile on them, or will for ten seconds or so, by which point the other tank is already dead. We just dealt with it in normal mode because it wasn't a big deal, but it's basically an instant gib on heroic. Is there a secret trick here?
Rutilcaper

Re: (10H) Gibbed by Acidmaw poison

Postby Belarkan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:59 am

Well, it has always been so with my co tank.
As I usualy tank the other, I'm always ready to taunt off the other tank and give him some time to get him freed.

However, our healers managed to heal through the 2 last time in heroic.
Belarkan

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 am

Ehum, your healers should have no problem healing through that. If the healers can't heal through P2 of Acidmaw then you got pretty much no chance to do later fights :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Calleana » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:43 am

You have a few seconds following the application of the poison to pop cooldowns such as divine protection or call out for pain suppression if your healers are struggling.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Koln » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:18 am

Hand of Protection?
Koln

Postby Chicken » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Koln wrote:Hand of Protection?
Doesn't work, it's a nature debuff. Divine Shield can be used to clear Tranq Poison if needed though.
Chicken

Postby Trav » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Chicken wrote:
Doesn't work, it's a nature debuff. Divine Shield can be used to clear Tranq Poison if needed though.

That's actually what I do. I'm always on acidmaw, and for the first poison I just use my bubble/cancelaura macro...of course, to do this, your healers have to be ready to heal your impale stacks during the transition/early seconds of phase two.
Trav

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Trav wrote:
Chicken wrote:

That's actually what I do. I'm always on acidmaw, and for the first poison I just use my bubble/cancelaura macro...of course, to do this, your healers have to be ready to heal your impale stacks during the transition/early seconds of phase two.

It also doesn't work if you solo tank the fight, as you burn your bubble during Gormok.

The poison hits about 5-10 seconds before the bile, so it's not really that big of a deal. Get some threat, get paralyzed, get biled, you're good.

Hell, a few weeks ago... I got the poison and the bile went to a mage who instinctively cloaked it off. I was pissed, but I called out for MD's and told everyone not to attack. Our shaman got gibbed but everyone else survived... poison faded and I got back to tanking :P
Belloc

Postby Kishandra » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Works fine solo tanking - I do this every week.

Just use hand of protection to clear impales when Gormok is about 30%. Forbearance should be up by the time you get your first poison application.
Kishandra

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Kishandra wrote:Works fine solo tanking - I do this every week.

Just use hand of protection to clear impales when Gormok is about 30%. Forbearance should be up by the time you get your first poison application.

Bah, now I have to make a HoP/cancel macro to go along with my bubble/cancel macro.

Thank you very much!
Belloc

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon