Remove Advertisements

SoB concerns and tanking

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

SoB concerns and tanking

Postby Tauxalot » Wed May 30, 2007 4:29 pm

I made a post on the Paladin Forums on WoW to try and discuss the way SoB works. Here is a brief summary.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 7029&sid=1

Basically, SoB is considered a melee attack that is converted to holy dmg. It procs everytime you swing, but has a hit table of a melee swing (can be dodged, parried, blocked, missed). SoComm has the same hit table and yet can proc weapon procs since it is considered a melee attack.

What I am trying to get people to understand is this. If they are NOT going to allow SoB to proc weapon procs, then they shouldn't have SoB have the same hit table as something like SoComm that can. It should have the same as SoR.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
BEWBZ or GTFO
Image
User avatar
Tauxalot
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:22 am

Postby Lore » Thu May 31, 2007 7:38 am

That would mean no more double judgement procs. That would make me very, very sad.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Re: SoB concerns and tanking

Postby Sabindeus » Thu May 31, 2007 9:23 am

Tauxalot wrote:I made a post on the Paladin Forums on WoW to try and discuss the way SoB works. Here is a brief summary.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 7029&sid=1

Basically, SoB is considered a melee attack that is converted to holy dmg. It procs everytime you swing, but has a hit table of a melee swing (can be dodged, parried, blocked, missed). SoComm has the same hit table and yet can proc weapon procs since it is considered a melee attack.

What I am trying to get people to understand is this. If they are NOT going to allow SoB to proc weapon procs, then they shouldn't have SoB have the same hit table as something like SoComm that can. It should have the same as SoR.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?


Why not?
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Kathryn » Thu May 31, 2007 9:58 am

Lore wrote:That would mean no more double judgement procs. That would make me very, very sad.


Well it seems like i get a lot less Judgement procs with SoB post patch... are you noticing the same thing as me?
User avatar
Kathryn
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:38 am

Postby Tauxalot » Thu May 31, 2007 1:32 pm

The latest patch already changed that. SoB and SoR no longer trigger double procs.

That's what I am getting at. Since SoB is "no longer considered a melee swing," it should not have the hit table of one. Pre-patch, it use to work like SoComm, meaning it was a weapon dmg seal that also triggered weapon procs. Now it does not, and it STILL can be dodged, parried, blocked, and missed.

And if it still does that, it should just work like SoR and only have a resist factor, and hit everytime like SoR does.
BEWBZ or GTFO
Image
User avatar
Tauxalot
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:22 am

Postby Candiru » Thu May 31, 2007 3:23 pm

SoB defiantly can't proc JoW or JoL anymore.

Is rubbish now :(
Candiru
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Postby Blutreich » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:18 am

Here is something everyone seems to have forgotten, seals proc damage shields, they aren't a weapon swing, then how do they proc for example thorns?

"Thorns sprout from the friendly target causing 18 Nature damage to attackers when hit. Lasts 10 min."

that specificity says when hit, now lets go up against the VW boss in mana-tombs, on reg he has a 750 damage shield, now you get reck to proc and you have SoR up, 1 hit returns 4 damage shields to you, that is 3k damage, with mitigation through talents that is still something like 2700 per weapon swing.

So bliz gives it all the disadvantages of a melee swing and a spell but takes away the advantages of it being either?

perdiction for next patch, no longer gains + spell damage dosen't get a bonus from ap, can be resisted dodged blocked parried, won't proc anything and uses mana every time it procs B]
Blutreich
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:51 am

Postby Lore » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:13 am

Kathryn wrote:
Lore wrote:That would mean no more double judgement procs. That would make me very, very sad.


Well it seems like i get a lot less Judgement procs with SoB post patch... are you noticing the same thing as me?


I actually haven't tested it much since the patch, it was working on the test servers... that sucks quite a bit =(
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Tauxalot » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:19 am

I hope people understand my concern. It just seems kinda lame that 2 melee oriented seals, SoB and SoComm, do NOT have the same mechanics. One can proc weapon procs, the other can't. If it can't, then don't make it melee oriented.

You already have the ability to make it crit based on your melee crit %, why not just give it the benefits that all other melee swings have?
BEWBZ or GTFO
Image
User avatar
Tauxalot
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:22 am

Postby Alixander » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:41 am

Does SoC still have the PPM limit? Does SoB have a PPM limit? That might be the deciding difference... just a thought.
Alixander
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:51 am
Location: Berkeley, CA


Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest