Remove Advertisements

The good, the bad, the ugly. (current spec)

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

The good, the bad, the ugly. (current spec)

Postby Xalenthia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:37 pm

Ok so a friend of mine and I have been running this spec for different reasons. He uses it for extra dps and snap threat on 25 man ToGC specifically Anub.

I personally use it as I tend to pug alot, and people seem to think, "Hey the tank looked at it KILL KILL KILL."

Looking for some educated people to look at this and break it down for me. Don't get me wrong I love this spec for the tps out put.(Stand and burn I average aroud 14k tps and 3k dps, movement sits around 8-9k tps)

So if someone can show me possibly a better spec for pugs or just shits and giggles I'd give it a shot.

Thanks

Xil

Xalenthia

Re: The good, the bad, the ugly. (current spec)

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Your spec's a cookie cutter high threat choice. For content that hits reasonably hard I'd sacrifice threat to pick up vindication, and personally I like pursuit of justice too much to lose it now, but those are personal choices, as is 3/5 reckoning instead of other utility.

One thing I would take issue with - holy threat has a 2.7x multiplier (1.9 * 1.43) and white damage has a 1.43x multiplier. Even if all of your damage was holy, 3k dps would be 8.1k tps. To do 14k tps you'd need to be doing 5.2k dps.
Rhiannon

Postby Xalenthia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Yeah reckoning flller was something I was on the wall about with it being our lowest tps talent. My main concern though with the spec is tps and snap threat which it can put out. As far as PoJ doesn't tuskar's make up for that?

Xalenthia

Postby Levantine » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:03 am

The difference between Tuskarr's and PoJ is definitely noticeable, and in my opinion more than worth the 2% crit you lose to pick it up.
Levantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:41 am

Levantine wrote:The difference between Tuskarr's and PoJ is definitely noticeable, and in my opinion more than worth the 2% crit you lose to pick it up.

This. PoJ is like your own barefoot crusader aura, A mage with tuskarr and on-cd blink spam competes with me barely.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents