[ToGC 10] What to expect?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby hthomas13 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:16 am

I am the Raid Leader and GM of a relatively small guild with VERY quality players, on our respective raiding level. We currently dabble with Uld10 HMs and ToC10/25. We faceroll pretty much anything we try as the average dps/player is above 5k in 10 mans. My tanks are myself and a Druid looking at about 45k health unbuffed. Now exactly, how hard is ToGc10? I have extensively watched videos and have had conversations with a friend of mine who has A Tribute to Insanity. With my given group dps (I will approximate 29k dps including tanks) and healers I don't ever worry about, does a Tribute to Skills seem possible, and above that, how much preparation is required, as my friend said we far outgear the raid.

Thank you ahead of time for your answer
Image
hthomas13
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Here and there, depends.

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby hoho » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:41 am

There is no better thing than to jump in and try. Worst that can happen is you wipe a few times. If you clear totc25 you easily have the gear for totgc10
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby hthomas13 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:46 am

Agreed, we haven't really been able to all collaborate our top 10 for a single day as we are pretty casual and as GM I need to play ambassabor so I cannot cancel the ToC25s and ToC10s for the less geared player. (well I could but that would just be unfair considered my guild is casual)
Image
hthomas13
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Here and there, depends.

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby guillex » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:37 am

While I haven't done ToGC 10, I'm sure that it's just a slightly less demanding instance than ToGC 25.

As long as your raid knows the fights, knows what to expect, and can move around at the right time, switch targets at the right time... You should be fine.

From what I've been through on ToGC 25:

Gormok's bleed ticks for a lot more than usual... Snobolds need to be taken care of ASAP.

Acidmaw/Dreadscale's poison needs to be taken care of right away by the person with fire, or else you'll have dead melee quick.

Icehowl's charge no longer grants a run speed increase... And the Frothing Rage will make quick work of people if the charge isn't avoided.

For Jaraxxus, when he summons a portal, it needs to be killed right away... Two Maidens in the raid is tres tres bad. Volcanoes need to be killed quickly also... More than 3 Infernals isn't a good thing. Also, melee needs to know when to move out of the way if an Infernal decides to hellfire near JarJar.

Remember, this is for ToGC 25, but I suppose that the same things apply for 10. Invis would be a good person to talk to about it, as he leads the core group through ToGC 10 every week.
Póg mo thóin
Image
User avatar
guillex
Moderator
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:07 am

Keep in mind that facerolling Ulduar-10 hard modes right now is considerably different than doing the place when Ulduar was the current tier. You outgear Ulduar-10 by almost two full tiers of gear.

The situation with ToGC will be much the same. Your DPS will be high enough to get you through the place with less difficulty than guilds that only run 10-mans, but you're going to have to work for it.

If you are as skilled as you think you are, it shouldn't take long to get the place down. Once you've cleared it two or three times, you stop wiping to stupid things. Once you stop wiping to stupid things, you get a Tribute to Insanity.


Good luck and definitely give it a try.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby fafhrd » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:35 pm

You will probably be fine all the way through to Anub, then have to spend a while wiping to anub if you're unfamiliar with the fight, but still kill him the first week. That was our experience the first week hardmodes were out, with 10 people in a mix of ulduar 25 hardmode gear and a few pieces of Toc25 normal gear. If you're already familiar with Anub from Toc25 you may have no trouble with him either, we wiped about 20 times on him the first week because it was our first week seeing Anub at all.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
User avatar
fafhrd
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby hthomas13 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:11 pm

bleh we started late and we only got to Faction Champs (got them down with 42 attmempts left). Seems pretty simple, only reason we had wipes is cause of dps not switching to those portals...if you don't unload on those they will easily spawn 2 mistresses =0

Going to clear it this week because Anub seems to be the only difficulty on this and we practice ToC10 with only using 4 frost patches, that seems to be the only real concern as I have a very good BR set.

All in all a very fun raid when bosses go down and you say, wow, all tank gear is mine cause I made sure my OT was a druid =D
Image
hthomas13
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Here and there, depends.

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby vegardhv » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:03 am

hthomas13 wrote:bleh we started late and we only got to Faction Champs (got them down with 42 attmempts left). Seems pretty simple, only reason we had wipes is cause of dps not switching to those portals...if you don't unload on those they will easily spawn 2 mistresses =0

Going to clear it this week because Anub seems to be the only difficulty on this and we practice ToC10 with only using 4 frost patches, that seems to be the only real concern as I have a very good BR set.

All in all a very fun raid when bosses go down and you say, wow, all tank gear is mine cause I made sure my OT was a druid =D


We did northrend beasts hc yesterday for first time, after 7-8 wipes. Now I thought Jaraxxus would be easier but, hehh, not. We might have a too little dps for the portals I don't know, we got him down to 29 % at one attempt, maybe tried 9-10 times total before calling it because it was late.

I'm having a little trouble with the infernals, because they seem to jump all over the place, not because I lose aggro, but just because they want to jump to people then jump back to you, I'm not sure how to handle this. I'm using probably too much energy on targeting them and taunting them back to me, when I don't need to because they're on top of my aggro list, but I can't be sure if they jumped away because I lost aggro or because they just decided to do one of their random jumps thingies. Any advice on that? How many infernals are there "supposed" to be on 10m before you get the volcano down?
Image
vegardhv
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 am
Location: Norway

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby Anorian » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:40 am

Your not running omen? look on that before you taunt, and try to remember your threat on different adds it should be only 3 of them.
Image
User avatar
Anorian
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 am

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby vegardhv » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:45 am

Anorian wrote:Your not running omen? look on that before you taunt, and try to remember your threat on different adds it should be only 3 of them.


Yep, running omen, it's just a little too much with 5-6. I guess we just have to get the volcano down faster. I think it's hard handling that many. 3 would be a lot easier. I'll mark one infernal for dps to start on, but I can't really focus on the marked when I constantly have to keep track of 3-4 other infernals who are jumping all over the raid, maybe to the opposite side of the boss.
Image
vegardhv
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 am
Location: Norway

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby Anorian » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:51 am

I don
vegardhv wrote:Yep, running omen, it's just a little too much with 5-6. I guess we just have to get the volcano down faster. I think it's hard handling that many. 3 would be a lot easier. I'll mark one infernal for dps to start on, but I can't really focus on the marked when I constantly have to keep track of 3-4 other infernals who are jumping all over the raid, maybe to the opposite side of the boss.


I dont know if you have SoC talented but that gives burst threat, I don't use it but I can imagine that being helpfull if you have issues.

And yes 5-6 means you have way to low dps, I think the first time we did it we had 4 max, much more is just not effectively tankable.
Image
User avatar
Anorian
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 am

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:33 am

Anything more than 1 Mistress and 3 Infernals means DPS is low. Try with 2 healers.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13439
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby hthomas13 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 am

From what I have seen, 2 heals would mean your healers are quite quick and well geared...and your OT maintains aggro at all times. I mean 2 heals would be a pallys and a druid or it won't really work. I think the dps just has to be aware and rdy to move at any second when those portals spawn. Aside from that I think a warrior tank needs to be on Jaraxxus for those interrupts so all dps can focus on those portals/volcanoes, if anyone concurs. I had a druid who only has 1 interrupt every 3 min =(
Image
hthomas13
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Here and there, depends.

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby vegardhv » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:48 am

hthomas13 wrote:From what I have seen, 2 heals would mean your healers are quite quick and well geared...and your OT maintains aggro at all times. I mean 2 heals would be a pallys and a druid or it won't really work. I think the dps just has to be aware and rdy to move at any second when those portals spawn. Aside from that I think a warrior tank needs to be on Jaraxxus for those interrupts so all dps can focus on those portals/volcanoes, if anyone concurs. I had a druid who only has 1 interrupt every 3 min =(


I have seal of command talented, might try use that a little.

edit: key seems to get dps to down those portals/volcanos faster. They should maybe apply a macro for quicker targeting (at least ranged).

Maybe OT, in this case me, doesn't have to gear that much for stam - and more for threat? I just used my max stam gear for this one. But maybe a more threat-like set would be appropriate? We had a warrior tank on jaraxx. I was kind of nervous ahead of this, seeing he had only 33,5K hp, but he survived this very well, and I rarely saw his health drop very much (though we just got jarax down to 29 % on best attempt). I'm usually one of the last to die, but on this fight warrior was the last one.

Thanks all, for input.
Image
vegardhv
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 am
Location: Norway

Re: [ToGC 10] What to expect?

Postby hoho » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:23 am

hthomas13 wrote:From what I have seen, 2 heals would mean your healers are quite quick and well geared...
and incredibly lucky with adds/poison/fire on beasts. I would definitely not risk doing that boss with just 2 healers.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

Next

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest