Remove Advertisements

Azgalor

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Rhî » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:57 am

Gerilith wrote:Erm...it was 100y once, I'm pretty sure.

You are right. It was. But now it is 50.000y. Was 'fixed' in one of the last hotfixes. ;)
Rhî

Postby Splug » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:12 pm

I can't see paladin TPS being a problem tanking Azgalor - just survivability. As a warrior, I drop autoattack every time he silences, since an extra parried attack while healers are on lockdown can be fairly catastrophic (and warriors tend to throw a lot more things TO parry than paladins). So basically, warriors are looking at a normal case of no threat at all during silences, paladins are looking at a worst case of the same. Keep in mind that ranged are all wearing SR gear or taking the same silences you are, and melee are either wearing FR gear or running for their lives from RoF - so the raid's threat requirements throttle down too.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Korendil » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:55 am

Hi, pallys.

Yesterday, my guild leader ran regular slabs with a tankadin and he was really impressed with the pally's ability to handle double pulls of trash while only losing agro twice when he, a shadow priest, was going full out. So, now he's wondering if I would be able to handle T6 trash and, more specifically, Azgalor's doomguards while remaining holy spec. I told him I wasn't sure.

What do you think?

I've currently logged out in my tanking gear. If I was to do this, I would need to replace my helm, possibly with the Faceguard of Determination or the T4 helm (if it ever drops). I would also need to switch the gems in my boots to solid stars or maybe buy the badge boots.
Tichondrius (US)

Korendil

Postby Rhî » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:37 am

Holy specced and not T6-geared? No way. Too much effort for your healers to keep you alive.
Rhî

Postby Gerilith » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:37 am

Rhî wrote:Holy specced and not T6-geared? No way. Too much effort for your healers to keep you alive.

Erm..for the Doomguards it should work. It will still take some afford to keep him alive, but tanking bossadds should not be a problem. The question is why it should make sense to let a healer tank and (at least) one tank dps...
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Korendil » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:38 am

Gerilith wrote:The question is why it should make sense to let a healer tank and (at least) one tank dps...

No idea. Maybe he's just thinking about having a tankadin in the guild, but for right now, I should stay a healer.
Tichondrius (US)

Korendil

Postby Kayoto » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:36 am

Is Doom outrangeable? I got hit with it while tanking Doomguards and I was pretty far away. I had a soulstone up, but still.. it was annoying. :/
Kayoto

Postby Korendil » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:48 am

Kayoto wrote:Is Doom outrangeable? I got hit with it while tanking Doomguards and I was pretty far away. I had a soulstone up, but still.. it was annoying. :/

It's supposed to be 100 yards, I believe. The same thing happened to us last week, though. We just thought the MT was tanking Azgalor too close. Although, he said that was where he always tanked it before.
Tichondrius (US)

Korendil

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:59 am

We have me SSned and a druid or war ready to pick up the doomguard if i get Doom. If i get doom i stop building aggro and let him get them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:43 pm

You _can_ outrange doom, I have never gotten it in any of our kills, I tank doomguards at the taurens, azgalor is tanked at thrall
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Eliane » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:49 pm

enbee wrote:You _can_ outrange doom, I have never gotten it in any of our kills, I tank doomguards at the taurens, azgalor is tanked at thrall

I got doom today for the first time and we use the same tankspots (I think). My healer and dpser has also gotten doom. Seems to be a matter of luck to me.
Eliane

Postby enbee » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:52 pm

2 months worth of luck? I don't think so, unless it was changed with 2.3, I think you're just standing wrong, or the azgalor tank is.

Either way, I'll check it out when we do hyjal this reset, got it set to tuesday so we had 3 raids this reset in BT to drop council/illidan yay
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Eliane » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:11 pm

We may very well be standing closer to the boss. I usually tank them between the tree stump and the huts if you know what I mean.

I am also going to have to check this next reset.
Eliane

Postby Mithos » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:47 pm

I got doomed today, MT was far too close, didn;t realise until too late, told him too move but got doomed anyway :(. We tank doomguards by the taurens and Azgalor by thrall if MT as close as possible to bvuilding thrall is near it should be ok if you're in the tauren camp.
Mithos

Postby Iliria » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:26 pm

Just a quick question having thrall involved...just how easily can thrall die doing this?
Iliria

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal