Remove Advertisements

Is there anything else I can do?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Is there anything else I can do?

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:45 pm

So tonight I tanked Prince for the first time, and we ended up wiping 3 times. The first time was mostly my fault, I nubbed out on my aggro generation and lost it just as phase 2 started, leaving me scrambling to stay alive and get back into position just as he whips out the old axes. I didn't live long. Second time went a little better, but I went down almost as fast, and I'm not entirely sure why. Third time I live until 42% and I'm pretty sure I did almost everything I could that time, I disengaged, I was chugging Ironskin pots, no crushes, no parries, but I still went down, because of a badly timed Thrash I think.

So I'm wondering if theres anything else I can do? I'm almost positive I can tank him. Here's my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&n=Elysia

I didnt have those shoulders when I tried it though. With buffs up I had about 15k health, 16k armor. The things I can think of are A lack of fort for one thing, which I think would have helped a lot. I also forgot to throw on my Sun Eater in phase 2. One of our healers was also a Prot pally, which probably didn't help none even though he has really good holy gear >_<
Zhalseran

Re: Is there anything else I can do?

Postby Juliette » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:51 pm

Zhalseran wrote:I didnt have those shoulders when I tried it though. With buffs up I had about 15k health, 16k armor. The things I can think of are A lack of fort for one thing, which I think would have helped a lot. I also forgot to throw on my Sun Eater in phase 2. One of our healers was also a Prot pally, which probably didn't help none even though he has really good holy gear >_<

You should aim for at least 16k health buffed. Use a Flask of Fortification if you haven't yet. I know it's expensive but if you are worried about wiping, it's worth it as it persists through death.

Also, your Prot Pally might have had good holy gear, but can he keep you up through out the fight, AND spam HL on you throughout Phase 2? You need a Paladin who can do that, and take no chances. If for a few seconds he is holding back trying to conserve mana, and thinks you might not notice, you will die. He/she must constantly spam HL even if your health is full because you could already be 50% down by the time his current HL lands.
Juliette

Postby Zhalseran » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:34 am

So I tried it again today, this time with 2 holy pallies and a resto druid. I did better, getting through to about 34%. I still ended up dieing on multiple attempts though. One healer said they were running out of mana, another said I was taking a lot of damage in phase 2. I expect to take a lot in phase 2, but at the same time I'm practically running out of mana in phase 1. I just don't get whats up. Do I need more block value? Is my armor too low? Do I need more dodge/parry? My health is a little low still when we don't have a priest, but that won't make me take less damage.

I'm sure I could improve in all these areas, but I was also sure I could take him when we had 3 real healers. I know there were some bad infernals, and the attempt we got him to 34% our best healer died about 10 seconds before I did because an infernal landed on him when he was enfeebled.
Zhalseran

Postby Bubbleoseven » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:36 am

quite simply it is your avoidance, 16% dodge is absolutely terrible for tanking him, your health and armour look pretty decent, but if your dodge gets higher it will do wonders for your healers
Bubbleoseven

Postby Comma » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:52 am

Or you can try stop meleeing during phase 2, just use spells instead, so your attacks wont get parried.
Comma

Re: Is there anything else I can do?

Postby Juliette » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:48 am

Zhalseran wrote:I disengaged, I was chugging Ironskin pots, no crushes, no parries
Juliette

Return to Karazhan