THE NEW TNKING SEAL!!!

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: THE NEW TNKING SEAL!!!

Postby agelaus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:50 am

The reason you see those on, is because I havent bothered changing them yet. I kept the glyph and seals of the pure becuase i was testing to see how it affected my tps. I have been thouroghly impressed with this new seal that I plan to change it back as soon as I get my account renewed
agelaus

Postby Dane » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:27 pm

agelaus wrote:The reason you see those on, is because I havent bothered changing them yet. I kept the glyph and seals of the pure becuase i was testing to see how it affected my tps. I have been thouroghly impressed with this new seal that I plan to change it back as soon as I get my account renewed

So...are you like, coated with anti-math Teflon?
Dane

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Dane wrote:
agelaus wrote:The reason you see those on, is because I havent bothered changing them yet. I kept the glyph and seals of the pure becuase i was testing to see how it affected my tps. I have been thouroghly impressed with this new seal that I plan to change it back as soon as I get my account renewed

So...are you like, coated with anti-math Teflon?

Wow! It's amazing! The Logic just slides right off!
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:28 am

agelaus wrote:Your not spending one point...actually your freeing up 3.

If you get Seal of Curruption (2 more points in ret tree than the average prot pally) You can get rid of seals of the pure (which i plan to do once i renew my account). It will increase your dps that you do, and make it so that on those nasty facepulls of extra mobs you have a higher chance of not loosing someone.

But that's an incorrect assumption. SoTP isn't necessarily the highest TPS talent to be taking when instead you can climb the ret tree and get Crusade. If you've gone that route, you are then losing a point to get command.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Dem » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:42 am

I'm finding SoC is very nice over SoV for tanking Anub 25 heroic adds. Damage (on 2 adds) is around 4k against a similarly geared pally using vengeance at 3k. Damage on 4 adds I expect will be better. Threat isn't a problem and any extra damage for the raid is always welcome.
I'm also using reckoning. Does this make me a bad person or is it ok if I have it as a 2nd tank spec for 'non serious' fights like this?
Dem

Postby badgermonkey » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:48 am

Anub 25 heroic is "non-serious"?
badgermonkey

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:02 am

Are those... are those mail healing shoulders you're wearing in your tank set? o.O They also make even less sense given that your offspec is ret.

Also... the strength/defense gems... they burn! THEY BURN!

Those teflon comments are awesome. :D
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:02 am

Nikachelle wrote:Are those... are those mail healing shoulders you're wearing in your tank set? o.O They also make even less sense given that your offspec is ret.

Also... the strength/defense gems... they burn! THEY BURN!

Those teflon comments are awesome. :D

We're all pallies. We can bubble.

Njall
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:07 am

No one said that Seal of Command is worse than SoV in all situations. The OPs zeal would suggest that SoC is the best seal everywhere, while data is showing him to be incorrect. I don't have two tank specs and I'm not interested in spending a talent point on it in my current spec. Of course having it doesn't make you a bad person, that's a ridiculous assertion.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby gerbi7 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:44 pm

SoComm is great for heroics when your dps decides to start AoE on every pull before you've actually cast anything, because of it's burst aoe threat. For just about everything else, SoV is better.
gerbi7

Postby Fluoxie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Tanking adds on Anub 25 hardmode, seal of command or vengeance?
Fluoxie

Postby Killuha » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:15 am

gerbi7 wrote:SoComm is great for heroics when your dps decides to start AoE on every pull before you've actually cast anything, because of it's burst aoe threat. For just about everything else, SoV is better.

You're not pulling fast enough...
DPS should be complaining that they don't get to cast :wink:

As for heroic Anub 25, if your not completely unhitable the extra expertise could add some survivability
Killuha

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:24 am

Killuha wrote:As for heroic Anub 25, if your not completely unhitable the extra expertise could add some survivability

If you're tanking all four adds you're more than likely not running SoV glyph anyway, rather divine plea, hammer of the righteous and righteous defense. Even if you are, when you're on the receiving end of 12 swings per second, and your weapon swing speed's around 1.2 seconds, the odd parry haste isn't really particularly going to make a difference.

From trying both myself, I'm finding SoComm better at glueing them to me for those first 3-4 critical seconds where the adds have just come in, the rogues haven't really let loose with FoK tricks spam yet, so all I've got is my own threat on two and an MD on each of the other two. Warrior whirlwind crits or multiple living bomb tick crits, depending on whether the hunter MDs crit or not, can occasionally be a problem, depending on how early the mages doted the mobs, whether the warriors happen to have some procs up etc - SoComm adds that extra bit of threat in that window. As to whether one does more overall than the other, it seems from quick browsing through logs that SoComm does seem to do more damage overall for me, though I admit I'm not that meticulous about tabbing between adds to ensure they've got even stacks on that fight.
Rhiannon

Postby DisRuptive1 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:17 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Of course having [Seal of Command] doesn't make you a bad person, that's a ridiculous assertion.

Having Seal of Command makes you a bad person by association.
DisRuptive1

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents