OS3D (10) Zerg Is it possible? or did they fix it?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: OS3D (10) Zerg Is it possible? or did they fix it?

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:50 am

The only thing left for me to do is track down someone who can make Insane Strength Potions. I have been doing some testing, and under Bloodlust, this seems to be the better DPS pot for me. I don't know why, (testing on this site states it's close to the same as the WotLK pot) but it is a noticeable difference, and I'm looking to annihilate the DPS charts tomorrow :)
Shoju

Postby Tubben » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:33 am

Shoju wrote:The only thing left for me to do is track down someone who can make Insane Strength Potions.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40093 for the tank ! It does help alot!

also, to get 3-5 seconds use the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37710 to pull. Wait fort Sart to reset, then move into your positions.

You will be happy about the few seconds you win ;-)
Tubben

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Tubben wrote:
Shoju wrote:The only thing left for me to do is track down someone who can make Insane Strength Potions.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40093 for the tank ! It does help alot!

also, to get 3-5 seconds use the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37710 to pull. Wait fort Sart to reset, then move into your positions.

You will be happy about the few seconds you win ;-)

I'm sure my tanks will be packin' Indestructible Pots. I on the other hand, do not tank things like this. I'm Ret Main Spec. This is my time to show people the might of the Blood Knights.
Shoju

Postby Xequecal » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:17 pm

PsiVen wrote:You only need one tank and one healer for 3d10 and you still have to kill Anub's adds. The DPS requirement per person is far higher. The 3d10 zerg is dead easy in today's gear, as long as you execute it properly. Anub regular without burrowing has been done by our group, but not heroic.

Anub10 in grand crusader can be single-healed by a Paladin. Beacon the MT, spam heals on the OT, have the whole raid sit on the OTs ass. Glyph of HL will heal swarm. Now you just need an OT that can live long enough for you to get heals on the two PC targets.
Xequecal

Postby PsiVen » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:11 pm

I'd be rather intrigued to see a paladin solo heal the MT on heroic Anub, while keeping PC targets alive with Holy Light as flashes won't spread to the raid. A geared OT on the other hand could probably take zero damage from 2 adds and actually get no direct healing outside of PC. I don't remember how much harder they hit in P3, but in P1 I fully block their attacks in 10-man.

In any case it doesn't really serve any purpose to kill Anub that fast, you'd just be speedkilling for fun. 3d10 zerging makes a long complex fight remarkably simple.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:10 am

Well, we dropped him last thursday, and it looks like we are going to go drop him again this week. Here's hoping I have better luck on the drake roll.
Shoju

Postby Kelaan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:21 pm

Tubben wrote:i tanked Tenebron and Sartharion. Without kiting.

What did you do to survive the enraged drake? How long was he enraged for?

I saw from your log that Ardent defender procced at 34:22, you died at 34:26, and Sartharion died at 34:30. Did you pop Divine Protection right as Sarth hit 30%, or a little after? Were you burning some avoidance or other trinkets? Did you use LoH on the kill? I can't seem to find out when you cast these things, so I am curious how you did it.
Kelaan

Postby Tubben » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Kelaan wrote:
Tubben wrote:i tanked Tenebron and Sartharion. Without kiting.

What did you do to survive the enraged drake? How long was he enraged for?

I saw from your log that Ardent defender procced at 34:22, you died at 34:26, and Sartharion died at 34:30. Did you pop Divine Protection right as Sarth hit 30%, or a little after? Were you burning some avoidance or other trinkets? Did you use LoH on the kill? I can't seem to find out when you cast these things, so I am curious how you did it.

Divine Protection at ~30%, Hand of Sacrifice from my paladin healer after Divine Protection, no avoid trinkets, since i went full stam for this fight. As you can see we had a few wipes before.

And i still belive http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40093 did alot to avoid incoming dmg.
Tubben

Postby culhag » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Zerging 10-man Sarth 3D is a one shot once you know how to do it.

We tried to zerg him in 25 too, but it ended up being easier to do it the regular way.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Robbert » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:41 pm

We have one of the dps peel off and kite Tenrebon for as long as possible. A druid seems to work best for this as they can go kitty form and sprint away, but any class with a taunt will do. Sometimes the drake makes it back before Sarth is down and sometimes not...all depends on how good a jump the taunting player gets.
Robbert

Postby Morendin » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:17 am

75 second 25-man kill is :lol:
...and that's with 5+ people who've forgotten how to not stand in void zones
Morendin

Previous

Return to General Strats