Tank and Healer "Oh 5#1T" buttons :)

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Tank and Healer "Oh 5#1T" buttons :)

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:23 pm

Im trying to expand my knowledge, and compare the o-sh1te abilities of the 4 tanking and 4 healing classes/specs.

For tanks, it has to be an instant cant on demand ability that increases your survivability or health pool. For healers its an instant direct heal.

So far ive got:

Paladin Tank
Divine Protection - 50% dmg reduction for 12sec, 2min cooldown.
LoH - restores 100% health, 20min cooldown
Divine Sacrifice - Raid dmg reduced 30% for 10sec - 2min cooldown. (in conjunction with DP, HoP on self or DShield)
Hand of Protection - 1 target immune for 10sec, 5min cooldown. (threat dump)
Divine Shield - 0dmg taken for 12sec, 2min cooldown. (threat dump)

Obviously Divine shield and HoP cant be self cast when tanking due to threat dump - ditto with Divine sacrifice unless you have VERY good healers and Divine protection/trinkets.

Paladin Healer
Holy Shock - 1 target heal, 15sec cooldown.
LoH - 1 Target heal, 20(15)min cooldown.
Divine Favor - next heal crits. 2min cooldown - not exactly an o-sh1t button, but what else do holy pallies have?

Warrior
Shield Block - 100% increase chance to block and block val for 10sec, 1min cooldown
Shield Wall - 50% dmg reduction for 12sec, 5min cooldown (4min talented)
Enraged regeneration - Heals for 30% over 10sec, 3min cooldown
Last stand - 30% of max hp gained for 20sec, hp lost when expires, 3mins

Bear
Frenzied Regenration - 10rage per sec into health for 10sec, 3min cooldown
Survival Instincts - 30% of max health for 20sec, 3min cooldown

Tree
Swiftmend - Instant Heal based on Hot currently on target (rejuv/regrowth) (glyphed). 15sec cooldown.
Natures Swiftness (+healing touch) instant cast, 3min cooldown
Natures swiftness + regrowth + Swiftmend.
Barkskin + Tranquility - AOE heal.

DK
Icebound Fortitude - 50% dmg reduction for 12sec. 2min cooldown. costs 6% of base health.
Death Pact - Sacrifices pet, healing DK for 40% of max health. 2min cooldown. costs 40runic power.
Anti-Magic Shell - adsorbs 75% of dmg from spells, and immune to spell effects. Lasts 5sec, 45sec cooldown
Army of dead - damage reduction equal to dodge+parry chance. 20min cooldown (Channeled)

Priest
Some self cast instaheal
Holy spec - divine guardian form
Holy spec - Their version of AD

So what have i missed? Im not terribly familiar with resto shammy or priest.
Help me out please :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Tank and Healer "Oh 5#1T" buttons :)

Postby hoho » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:22 am

HoP: only immune to physical damage, still taking full damage from spells
Divine shield: if you taunt before shielding I'm quite sure boss will keep beating on you for as long as the taunt effect is on it, if you cancel the shield before taunt effect expires you should still be tanking it. Though I haven't tried this yet but I've heard others using it in some occasions, e.g to get rid of acid on northern beasts while tanking a worm.

If you list instant heals as "oh shit" then technically you could say that penance is that aswell. 10s (8 glyphed) cooldown, channeled, 3 ticks over 2s with each healing for around 4-5k non-crit. Also PW:S gives extra ~6-8.5k "hp" through shield (~2-3x less as holy), instacast, 5s (0 as disc) cooldown. Castable once every 15s on a target.

Other "oh shit" thing priests have is divine hymn: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64843
Heals 3 nearby lowest health friendly party or raid targets for 3024 to 3342 every 2 sec for 8 sec, and increases healing done to them by 10% for 8 sec. Maximum of 12 heals.

It's a smart heal and heals for around 6k non-crit per tick. Combined with inner focus for 25% extra crit chance it can give around 75-100k healing during the channel.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby culhag » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:29 am

You forgot Hand of Sacrifice.
- every paladin has it
- you can cast it on someone, without a shield, with less risk to get gibbed.

For exemple I use it on my co-tank on Gormok to soak some damage from the impale.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:11 am

Icebound Fortitude costs Runic Power, not 6% base health.

Shield Wall is 60%/4 mins talented, or 40%/2 mins if talented + glyphed.

Barkskin should probably be listed under Bear, not Tree, as it's self cast only.

The DK specs all have talented 1 min cooldowns, less like emergency buttons than IBF, but still worth counting: Blood: Vampiric Blood, Frost: Unbreakable Armor (physical damage only), Unholy: Bone Shield (the last one has enough uptime that it probably can be considered closer to base mitigation than a cooldown).

Disc Priests have Pain Suppression (40%/3 min), Paladins have Aura Mastery (resistable magic damage).
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby hoho » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:16 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Disc Priests have Pain Suppression (40%/3 min)
2:24 talented
Leap of Faith:
hoho

Postby Zaluthar » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 am

Holy Pallies can have Aura Mastery and Divine Sacrifice/Guardian.
LoH also grants a bonus if talented (+armor?).
Zaluthar

Postby Arcand » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:35 am

Zaluthar wrote:LoH also grants a bonus if talented (+armor?).

It used to be an armor boost. Now it's a flat 10/20% damage reduction, for fifteen seconds.
Arcand

Postby cerwillis » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:24 am

Resto Shamans:

Riptide: Instant heal +HoT, 6 sec CD (5 w T8 2 set bonus)
Nature's Swiftness: Next nature spell <10 sec cast time is instant (2 min CD)
Tidal Force: Next cast has a 60% increased chance to crit, each spell reduces the chance by 20%, lasts 20 seconds. (3 min CD)
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:29 am

While I understand the reasoning behind classifying Hand of Sacrifice as a handy thing to use for spreading damage around... I really can't qualify it as an oh shit button. Oh shit buttons tend to solve the immediate problem... immediately (ie. Guardian Spirit, Pain Suppression, LoH, etc.). If you're a paladin healer, your first oh shit button is not going to be Hand of Sacrifice since you have to waste a global cooldown to first bubble and then to use Hand of Sacrifice. That's way too long to consider an oh shit button. By the time you've bubbled and applied it, you probably could've knocked off a shock and a holy light, which would probably have been far more effective.

If you're prepped for it, and know you need to use it (ie. Mimiron's plasma blasts), then yeah, it's a damage decreaser, but not an oh shit button.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:58 am

Nikachelle wrote:While I understand the reasoning behind classifying Hand of Sacrifice as a handy thing to use for spreading damage around... I really can't qualify it as an oh shit button. Oh shit buttons tend to solve the immediate problem... immediately (ie. Guardian Spirit, Pain Suppression, LoH, etc.). If you're a paladin healer, your first oh shit button is not going to be Hand of Sacrifice since you have to waste a global cooldown to first bubble and then to use Hand of Sacrifice. That's way too long to consider an oh shit button. By the time you've bubbled and applied it, you probably could've knocked off a shock and a holy light, which would probably have been far more effective.

If you're prepped for it, and know you need to use it (ie. Mimiron's plasma blasts), then yeah, it's a damage decreaser, but not an oh shit button.

Spreader. Even that, depending on your raid composition, will change a lot. Spreading the damage doesn't do any good if there's not available splash healing.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:00 am

Nikachelle wrote:While I understand the reasoning behind classifying Hand of Sacrifice as a handy thing to use for spreading damage around... I really can't qualify it as an oh shit button. [...]

Yeah I hadn't really thought of the "oh shit" part.
Divine Sacrifice should be removed from the list, then.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:33 am

In that case remove pain supression aswell as it won't save a tank if he is about to die to next hit anyway.
Leap of Faith:
hoho

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:21 am

hoho wrote:In that case remove pain supression aswell as it won't save a tank if he is about to die to next hit anyway.

I'm not sure I'd take it that far. I still button mash it on my priest when a tank gets very low.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:17 am

cerwillis wrote:Resto Shamans:

Riptide: Instant heal +HoT, 6 sec CD (5 w T8 2 set bonus)
Nature's Swiftness: Next nature spell <10 sec cast time is instant (2 min CD)
Tidal Force: Next cast has a 60% increased chance to crit, each spell reduces the chance by 20%, lasts 20 seconds. (3 min CD)

I think Riptide is too weak a heal to be classified as an "OH SHIT" button; with 2pc T9 (+20% to Riptide) mine's still hitting in the region of 7k or thereabouts.

The two other abilities mentioned should be macro'd into something like:
Code: Select all
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Tidal Force
/cast Gift of the Naaru
/cast Healing Wave

As none of those abilities are on the GCD until you get to the instant Healing Wave. That's good for around a 15-18k almost guaranteed crit, presumably a little more if the shaman has points in Healing Way.
Epimer

Postby amh » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:24 pm

DK
Icebound Fortitude - 50% dmg reduction for 12sec. 2min cooldown. costs 6% of base health 20 runic power.
Death Pact - Sacrifices pet, healing DK for 40% of max health. 2min cooldown. costs 40runic power.
Anti-Magic Shell - adsorbs 75% of dmg from spells, and immune to spell effects. Lasts 5sec, 45sec cooldown
Army of dead - damage reduction equal to dodge+parry chance. 20min cooldown (Channeled)

Note that Death Pact's 2 minute cooldown is effectively three minutes for blood / frost, because our raise dead-spell has a 3 minute cooldown.

All those are baseline. The following are talented:

Frost:
Unbreakable Armor - 25% increased armor for 20 seconds. Armor granted can be increased through glyphing. 60 seconds cooldown. Also gives strength for a minimal parry-chance-boost. Costs 1 frost rune.

Blood:
Vampiric Blood - instantly heals you for 15% of maximum health, increases maximum health by 15% and healing taken by 35% (including healing done by you to you). Lasts 10 seconds, costs 1 blood rune. Quite fun when coupled with:

Rune Tap, 10% of maximum health restored (20% talented), 60 seconds cooldown (30 talented), costs 1 blood rune.

Unholy:
Bone Shield - you take 20% less damage from the next 4 attacks (5 if glyphed). 60 seconds cooldown, costs 1 unholy rune.

Anti-Magic Zone - reduces magical damage taken by 75% for anyone inside it. Lasts 10 seconds, or until it has absorbed 10000 + (2 * AP) spell damage. Costs 1 unholy rune.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents