Remove Advertisements

Hex Lord Malacrass

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hex Lord Malacrass

Postby RunRabbit » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:20 am

Doing ZA with my guild last night, really pleased with Jan'alai, gives us tankadins alot of advantage there, also the trash packs which can be mostly aoe tanked.

We didn't have alot of time, so after a couple of hours we reached Hex Lord and gave him only 2 tries. We killed 2 adds and kept the sheep / shackle but didnt seem to be able to kill him fast enough couse when he was @ 40% his aoe became too powerfull (too much dmg increase) and some ppl died.
Is it just the healing which should keep up or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

-Rabbit

-edit- 4 plate drops ftw, I look like a clown with those healing shoulders + head :>
RunRabbit

Postby Rhî » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:59 am

Do not kill the adds and focus on hexlord.

Best way:
- Sheep humanoid
- shackle undead
- sleep/sheep beast
- banish demon

If you are lacking CC just offtank free adds.
Rhî

Postby Gerilith » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:31 am

Full DPS on him, yes.

Avenging Wrath can be dispelled (and should be).

The main problem I had was recognizing his consecration while tanking.. :?
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Rainge » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:35 pm

A lot depends on which adds you have and who is CCing them. If you don't have a Balance druid, then kill the dragonkin/serpent outright - a feral or resto druid will be more valuable doing their thing than trying to keep that thing asleep.

It's pretty intense for the healers, so a lot rests on DPS maximizing their potential and trying to take care of themselves as much as possible (esp. warlocks that can drain through the AoE for no net damage).

Concentration Aura will be of immense value to your casters.
Rainge

Postby RunRabbit » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanks for the usefull responds!
RunRabbit

Postby Comma » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:33 pm

We kill 2 adds, keep shackle and sheep, that frees some of our healer/dps, which I think is more important.
Comma

Postby Jeslena » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:40 am

Don't dispel avenging wrath. Have a mage spell steal that. The fight is sort of like Gruul where damage increases over time so anything you can do to increase dps helps.
Jeslena

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:55 am

just wondering if people are doing this with any more shadow resist other than a priest's shadow protection (for the raid mostly)?
YoYoMa

Postby Comma » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:32 am

We only had shadow protection for our first kill.
Comma

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:45 am

On our successful kill, we actually killed 3 of the adds, because the sheep and shackle breaks were murdering us... Between resists, break early, and having to kite him around, thus consecrate sometimes breaking it... it just didn't seem worth it.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Morguroth » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:24 pm

After many, many failed attempts using the tactic of crowd controlling the mobs and focusing all dps on the boss we decided to change tactic and are now taking the add's out first.

It seems that Malacrass does not start soul draining the party members until he reaches 80% health. Using this method his shadow bolts wont be to much of a problem whilst the add's are up as he wont be gaining any power, and after the add's are down the DPS dont have to worry about keeping CC up and can focus entirely on nuking the boss, therefore brining him down before the shadow bolts become to powerful.

We haven't actually downed him yet, having only switched to this tactic shortly before the end of our last raid, but i am confident that he will be going down next time we head in there.
Morguroth

Postby rozakk » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:40 pm

i havent had a chance to try this yet, as we had enuf sr gear that he was a pretty easy kill, but because of how that ae works(spams little amts of dmg) i wonder if sanc + dampen magic on the raid would really nullify it.
rozakk

Postby YoYoMa » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:40 am

I hate this guy :x It seems like we are pulling together all the strats just fine but just some combo of unlucky strikes always ends up nuking the raid.

People are stopping his heals, healers are doing a good job keeping everybody healed during spirit bolts, people are backing out for whirlwinds or concecrations. CC is able to maintain either 2 or 3 adds just fine.

But then we'll have something like spirit bolts followed by shammy fire totems... raid nuked. Or spirit bolts, followed by mage ice lance or whatever it's called. The most annoying one ever was we had him to 23% drains a priest and I get feard out of LoS for the heal and I die.

It does seem that the common theme is spirit bolts followed by something that disables a key player or nukes a key player. The only thing I can think of to counter this is putting everybody in shadow gear so that we don't come out of spirit bolts very low. But it's going to be all greens and our dps is going to get nerfed to hell.

I'm just annoyed today after 4 hours on this guy last night. /end rant
YoYoMa

Postby Stylaan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:47 am

Spirit Bolts are 9k over 10 seconds, If you happen to have any priests specced into Circle of Healing you can burst up one party really quickly while the other healers focus on the other party, this really makes the fight almost trivial.
Stylaan

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:11 am

Stylaan wrote:Spirit Bolts are 9k over 10 seconds, If you happen to have any priests specced into Circle of Healing you can burst up one party really quickly while the other healers focus on the other party, this really makes the fight almost trivial.

Additionally I would say having Concentration aura in your healing group, especially if it contains a Priest, Paladin (tautology), or Shaman, is an absolute must.

CoH Priests are good. I dunno why people like to diss CoH. I like it.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Next

Return to Zul'aman