Lynx Lord Halazzi

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sabindeus » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:36 am

rozakk wrote:with how buggy the sabrelash ability is i would not want to try splitting it with a bear model. even against a tauren model it's near impossible to position perfectly but the deviate food takes care of it.

Eh, worked fine for me with my bear.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Strom » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:08 pm

Going to try him tonight... I thought you could just stand on top of the other tank like vs the bear boss?
Strom

Postby jere » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Strom wrote:Going to try him tonight... I thought you could just stand on top of the other tank like vs the bear boss?

we did that last night and it seemed to work, but it was myself and a hybrid warrior, not a druid.
jere

Postby Rainge » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:29 pm

I did it last night with a druid as my partner and had no issues with splitting damage. It hits pretty hard (9k on plate), so keep HS up to block a bit of it.
Rainge

Postby Mouse » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:10 am

Rainge wrote:I did it last night with a druid as my partner and had no issues with splitting damage. It hits pretty hard (9k on plate), so keep HS up to block a bit of it.

I never blocked any of it...

edit: at least I dont remember blocking any of it, damn me for not parsing the raid.
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby sindorei » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:15 am

we downed him today, i was sitting at 21k hp buffed/flasked and our off tank warrior has about 17khp.
the key on this boss is if you can dps down the totem quick enough and healer gear checks.
we killed him in 8mins 7 seconds. I took at least 10 full lashs dmgs all around 17k(380-490blocked), i can see my hp got chopped down to 10-15% often.

i will be very surprised if someone kill him with a 18k hp as MT.

bear/pally both have more advantages to tank him, AD FTW.
sindorei

Postby SmurfZG » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:34 am

I had around 19k hp (no warrior present, and no druid buff, and was out of flasks) with my ot (a respecced ret paladin) sitting at around 15k. I never took a full hit.
SmurfZG

Postby mclem » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:27 am

We ran two groups to ZA on our first run; slightly interestingly, while both groups got Bear and Eagle, we got Lynx down but not Dragonhawk, and they got Dragonhawk but not Lynx.

During the times each group was fighting lynx, we had:

My group:
Paladin tank (me) - Humanoid form
Bear tank - lynx spirit

The other:
Warrior tank (Guild MT) - Humanoid form
Paladin tank - lynx spirit

In terms of gear, the guild MT and the bear tank both have about 1k more health than me, the other paladin is about even with me; possibly a bit ahead now since he got both the Amani Punisher and the Bulwark of the Amani Empire on their run while I got nowt (I'm not bitter, honest.)

Our group got him down after a few tries - pretty much as soon as we sorted out the tank positioning - but their group just couldn't keep up with the healing, and their healers should have been approximately equal to ours; general consensus was that the quick heals needed after a saber lash to take the MT out of the danger zone were the critical factor.

I'm wondering if the key difference between the two groups was ardent defender. Saberlash would always send me near or below 35% health, which meant after a saberlash I'd be just shrugging off hits, giving the healers a bit more leeway to react to the lash and get me back up to full speed. Any thoughts on this theory?

(Also, neither group tranqued the frenzy, we just didn't know about that. Oops. Should make the healing a bit easier on both sides now we do)
mclem

Postby Tiandelin » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:42 pm

I've done the lynx boss twice now:

Me on Halazzi and our TM-specced dps warrior on Spirit of the Lynx
Druid on Halazzi and me on Spirit of the Lynx

When I was tanking him, I did notice myself going into AD range often after a saber lash, and it was a very welcome cushion. The druid didn't seem to have much trouble either, and we both had around 20k health on that fight.

I didn't notice any issues with saber lash not being split between the two tanks on either fight.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby mclem » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:46 pm

sindorei wrote:i will be very surprised if someone kill him with a 18k hp as MT.

I didn't notice this when I wrote the above; I was just under 17k health when I tanked him successfully (I think the druid had about 18k). We were stretched pretty thin, but we did get him. I wonder if the lash is proportional to your full health?
mclem

Postby sindorei » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:00 pm

mclem wrote:
sindorei wrote:i will be very surprised if someone kill him with a 18k hp as MT.

I didn't notice this when I wrote the above; I was just under 17k health when I tanked him successfully (I think the druid had about 18k). We were stretched pretty thin, but we did get him. I wonder if the lash is proportional to your full health?

our guild OT warrior(18khp semi t5 geared) got 1 shot twice, both fights are under 1 mins.
sindorei

Postby mclem » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:40 am

sindorei wrote:our guild OT warrior(18khp semi t5 geared) got 1 shot twice, both fights are under 1 mins.

I alluded earlier to taking a moment to get the tank positioning under control; what I had in mind was the first attempt, which was literally. "Okay, run in... dodge, dodge, parry, dodge, dodge, NUKED". No damage and then an 18k Saber Lash. It took a while to get things in order after that...
mclem

Postby Vanifae » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:01 am

We downed him tonight with me as MT and Bear Offtank both us pretty close to 20K health, for the last 15-20 seconds of the fight I was at about 10% health and the healers were running out of mana...

Somehow I lived. But yeah Saberlash is finicky and can kill you quick if you don't get the positioning down.

Thank goodness for Ardent Defender.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Rasmfrackn » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:00 am

This fight really favors bear tanks, imo. Granted we were still getting the fight down, but I thought I'd be a good humanoid tank due to the fast hits. Well, if Blizzard "cheats" and makes him not crush, then that right there tells you bears have the advantage.

Saber lashes were hitting me for 9.2k, our warrior armor/stam MT for 8.6k, and our feral kitty switched to his top-notch-for-our-progression bear gear and took about 6.2k per. It just wasn't even close for our healers.

I tanked 2 attempts before we switched to him tanking and me healing/judging, so maybe it was party the learning curve, but it was like buttah when he took over.

Oh and I've had Nalorakk swipe me for full even with said warrior MT right on my shoulder. Evil.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Vanifae » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:10 am

Yeah I realize now that a Bear tank is really strong for this fight.

The parse from our first kill of Halazzi, I was at about 4K health or less at the kill. The last few seconds were clutch.

Oh man, so clutch (ignore the timestamps):

760 Halazzi's Melee hits Vanifae for 1446 (409 blocked)
979 Halazzi's Melee hits Vanifae for 3551 (409 blocked)
775 Halazzi's Melee hits Vanifae for 1357 (409 blocked)
979 Halazzi's Melee hits Vanifae for 2823 (409 blocked)
150 Halazzi's Saber Lash dodged by Vanifae
150 Halazzi gains Frenzy
150 Halazzi's Saber Lash hits Imbacow for 7713

244 Squiggles's Lifebloom dot heals Vanifae for 677
244 Squiggles's Rejuvenation dot heals Vanifae for 869
494 Halazzi's Melee parried by Vanifae
494 Halazzi's Melee hits Vanifae for 2314 (409 blocked)
697 Vanifae's Lifebloom heals Vanifae for 1553
916 Halazzi's Melee parried by Vanifae
916 Vanifae's Melee hits Halazzi for 119 (glancing)
916 Halazzi's Melee parried by Vanifae
322 Ninjah's Deadly Poison VII dots Halazzi for 236 Nature damage
525 Ravager's Gore hits Halazzi for 94
525 Ramah's Melee hits Halazzi for 331
713 Durchfall's Shadow Bolt hits Halazzi for 1560 Shadow damage
994 Shemko's Lifebloom dot heals Vanifae for 210
04:13'35.010 Halazzi dies

Those parries saved your life. That frenzy would have ripped everyone apart.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman