Remove Advertisements

The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Lynalis » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Hello, dear tankadins. After looting 500 gold from Doomwalker today, I started wondering what other BC bosses are soloable for nice profit. I know that Kara/ZA bosses drop only like 40 gold each so I aimed higher - to 25 man instances. I was thinking about attempting ol' Morogrim as there is no enrage timer and only slight magic damage.

All Hydross/Lurker trash is skippable by swimming (fish do hardly any damage), the first pack I had to kill were 4 nagas near the entrance to Morogrim's room (those who always kicked melee into the water :D ). I was afraid of murloc packs but they're very weak - with the one exception. That exception is murloc called Depth-Seer or something like that - he basically spams Tranquility which heals for 5k per tick which makes packs with this mob impossible to kill, thankfully only 2 groups had Depth-Seer and I could skip them. The group consisting of 5 nagas patrolling in hallway leading to Karathress was easy to kill. I cleared all murloc packs without Depth-Seers, pulling Morogrim does NOT aggro remaining murlocs (which is good), nor do murlocs that Morogrim spawn via his ability.

Needless to say it was already very late and I did not spend any time with special preparations (this run was meant only as test if it is even possible to reach Morogrim) - I was wearing my normal maintank gear, block gear would obviously make this MUCH easier. Morogrim hits very weak - about 2k per swing, his Tidal Wave did not hurt much either (2k-3k). Spawned murlocs stack some dot dealing minor damage (up to 5 stacks from what I observed). I had to use seal and judgement of Light to survive all the damage. Murlocs have only 11-12k health and simply spamming Consecration was enough to kill all of them before the next wave.

Unfortunately at 56% my shield broke and I had to bubble-hearth :( . It is necessary to take at least 2 shields in order to get him down. Getting him from 100 to 56% took 25 minutes.

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsho ... 22853.jpg/

I imagine that it must be VERY easy in block gear. Shattered halls trinket is most likely OP here. I am leaving home for a few days so I will not have a chance to try this again in near future but maybe someone here can test it in block gear and tell us the result? I am almost sure that no one soloed Morogrim before.
Lynalis
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby latchee » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:52 am

Well, after a long long try, I realised that it is impossible to solo him.
In fact, at 25% HP he summons Water globules http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=37854 which pull all the room to you.

So if someone discovers a way to kill the depth-seer, morogrim should be easily soloable ;)
Image
latchee
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 am

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Pizbit » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:27 am

Seasonal, but the Headless Horseman boss in SM is stupidly easy.

In my gear I could have gotten away without using JoL, I was using SoV, 2.1k BV, sacred shield.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Zobel » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:15 pm

Pizbit wrote:Seasonal, but the Headless Horseman boss in SM is stupidly easy.

In my gear I could have gotten away without using JoL, I was using SoV, 2.1k BV, sacred shield.

Is it easy enough to solo with JoL in 5-man toc/htoc purples?

(540 def, ~30k health, 22.6k armor, little +bv gear.)
User avatar
Zobel
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:31 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Pizbit » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Zobel wrote:
Pizbit wrote:Seasonal, but the Headless Horseman boss in SM is stupidly easy.

In my gear I could have gotten away without using JoL, I was using SoV, 2.1k BV, sacred shield.

Is it easy enough to solo with JoL in 5-man toc/htoc purples?

(540 def, ~30k health, 22.6k armor, little +bv gear.)


More than likely. Worst comes to worst you use SoL too *shrug* a lot of leeway. Keep sacred and holy shield up:)
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Njall » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks! This has been a highly useful thread. If nothing else, it highlights the importance of using Sacred Shield while soloing content - something I always forget. Since most of the time I have a very competent pally healer with me, the whole thing sort of slips my mind. I'll be having another go at The Prophet and continue to work on the MC bosses in my copious free time...

Njall
Image
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
User avatar
Njall
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Thank heavens! Heavy Metal!

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Zobel » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:15 pm

Pizbit wrote:
Zobel wrote:
Pizbit wrote:Seasonal, but the Headless Horseman boss in SM is stupidly easy.

In my gear I could have gotten away without using JoL, I was using SoV, 2.1k BV, sacred shield.

Is it easy enough to solo with JoL in 5-man toc/htoc purples?

(540 def, ~30k health, 22.6k armor, little +bv gear.)


More than likely. Worst comes to worst you use SoL too *shrug* a lot of leeway. Keep sacred and holy shield up:)

Yup, wasn't a problem. Just took about ten minutes.
User avatar
Zobel
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:31 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby vertinog » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:03 am

Pizbit wrote:
Zobel wrote:
Pizbit wrote:Seasonal, but the Headless Horseman boss in SM is stupidly easy.

In my gear I could have gotten away without using JoL, I was using SoV, 2.1k BV, sacred shield.

Is it easy enough to solo with JoL in 5-man toc/htoc purples?

(540 def, ~30k health, 22.6k armor, little +bv gear.)


More than likely. Worst comes to worst you use SoL too *shrug* a lot of leeway. Keep sacred and holy shield up:)


I did it this morning with 541 def, 30k self buffed hp and like 1.1k bv. I dropped to 30% health once I think. Didn't even hit loh or our shield wall...I gotta remember about tat and use it more often.
User avatar
vertinog
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:15 am

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:00 am

Violet Hold Normal Successfully solo'd. I ended up with

Boss 1.) Core Hound
Boss 2.) Arrakoa

I was consistently 2 portals behind, and wasn't a problem. Seal of Light, Judgement of Light, I never left combat. I normally had 5+ things wailing on me at once. As prot is an off spec, it was my *only* gear set that I used.


H:ToC5 Head
Uld10 Armor neck (kolo)
Uld10 tank shoulders (kolo)
T8.25 chest
EoV Bracers
EoC gloves
Uld10 Belt (Razorscale)
T8.10 legs
EoV boots
H:ToC5 ring
Eov Ring
2x 170 stam trinkets
H:ToC5 weapon
Uld10 Shield (Cat lady)
EoH SBV Libram

Everything Epic Gemmed/enchanted, Puts me about 37k Self Buffed 542 Defense.

I have previously been able to handle The Ethereal, and the water boss (man that was a LOT of running).

I have wiped out on the Voidwalker and EyE. I'm sure that they are doable, I just haven't figured out the strat yet. The damage really ramps up on those guys pretty fast when you still have adds up.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6354
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Xequecal » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:11 pm

I've soloed every heroic except Azjol-Nerub and Oculus. I'm fairly sure AN is impossible, you can't do anything about the Web Wrap the three Watchers cast, other than Divine Shield once, and the 20 seconds of stun from Web Wrap will ensure that you die. Free Action pots do not work. You also can't skip the boss, as the passage is blocked until you kill him. Oculus is obviously impossible to solo.

If you really want a challenge, try and solo Heroic CoS. The bosses are very, VERY hard to solo, but not impossible.
Xequecal
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Utero » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:40 am

Xequecal wrote:I've soloed every heroic except Azjol-Nerub and Oculus. I'm fairly sure AN is impossible, you can't do anything about the Web Wrap the three Watchers cast, other than Divine Shield once, and the 20 seconds of stun from Web Wrap will ensure that you die. Free Action pots do not work. You also can't skip the boss, as the passage is blocked until you kill him. Oculus is obviously impossible to solo.

If you really want a challenge, try and solo Heroic CoS. The bosses are very, VERY hard to solo, but not impossible.


Heya, ive recently soloed HoL heroic (Ionar is a pain) and Drak'tharon Keep heroic (Novos is horrible too), and as next i wanted to solo Gun'drak.

I had big issues. I had Eck going enrage in the last 30%ish and killing me fast, and Slad'ran best attempt was 50%ish after using everything and about 10 wipes. What strategy did you use for him?

Thanks
Utero
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Xequecal » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:17 pm

Utero wrote:
Xequecal wrote:I've soloed every heroic except Azjol-Nerub and Oculus. I'm fairly sure AN is impossible, you can't do anything about the Web Wrap the three Watchers cast, other than Divine Shield once, and the 20 seconds of stun from Web Wrap will ensure that you die. Free Action pots do not work. You also can't skip the boss, as the passage is blocked until you kill him. Oculus is obviously impossible to solo.

If you really want a challenge, try and solo Heroic CoS. The bosses are very, VERY hard to solo, but not impossible.


Heya, ive recently soloed HoL heroic (Ionar is a pain) and Drak'tharon Keep heroic (Novos is horrible too), and as next i wanted to solo Gun'drak.

I had big issues. I had Eck going enrage in the last 30%ish and killing me fast, and Slad'ran best attempt was 50%ish after using everything and about 10 wipes. What strategy did you use for him?

Thanks


Honestly I didn't kill Eck. You don't have to. A lot of bosses in heroics aren't soloable but with the exception of AN you can generally skip them. The first boss in UK for example probably isn't soloable unless you wear FR and get really lucky, but you can walk right past him. Slad'ran you can pull far out of his room so the snakes don't even aggro on you, it's simple then.
Xequecal
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby PsiVen » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:08 am

Tried my hand at HVH today, it seems plausible. The portal keepers with Arcane Missiles hurt pretty bad, and you go back to the start if you wipe. Kind of a pain, but I think it can be done fairly straightforwardly.

Oculus is obviously impossible to solo.


Did they fix the thing that allowed you to kite Eregos forever? I'm sure he's been killed solo, but I also remember something about it changing. I suspect it would be unsoloable for other reasons though, namely the huge amount of magic damage.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby phaqueue » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:44 am

Xequecal wrote: Honestly I didn't kill Eck. You don't have to. A lot of bosses in heroics aren't soloable but with the exception of AN you can generally skip them. The first boss in UK for example probably isn't soloable unless you wear FR and get really lucky, but you can walk right past him. Slad'ran you can pull far out of his room so the snakes don't even aggro on you, it's simple then.


actually - I found the first boss of UK to be impossible to solo on regular... the problem is either you take tons of damage while frost blocked... or you get shadowbolted for a lot...

either way - he seems to just hit too hard... might be doable as ret if you could race him... but even that would likely be a stretch

also - any chance you could post some of the strats you're using/bosses you're doing in heroics? kinda want an idea what you're doing - would be fun to hit them up myself...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
User avatar
phaqueue
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:45 am

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Ardrhyst » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:50 pm

I didn't know this thread was here. :O

To add my stuff to the list:

All of Karazhan other than Netherspite is doable. Romulo and Julianne and Chess are the hardest. It's not a guide, but you can see my Kara clear video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A86tr7UxpIA .

All of AQ20 is soloable. It's been mentioned that Kurinaxx, Rajaxx, Moam, and Ossirian are, but Ayamiss and Buru aren't mentioned.

To do Ayamiss, clear all of his trash, then pull him. Turn off ret aura and any reflective damage. Keep on using Exorcism and Avenger's Shield on Ayamiss. When the adds spawn, use Holy Shield to kill them and keep their numbers to <10. They do almost no damage, but their constant attacks will keep your mana pool full. This will allow you to constantly heal to stay in Ayamiss's sting range until ~50 stacks. When you get to that point, run to the stairs back to Ossirian's hangout. You'll be out of range, the stacks will drop, and then you just go back in and do it again. At 70% he lands. From that point on, just whack him down.

For Buru, just run around a lot. Use HoR judiciously on the eggs, and try to get them all <20% early in the fight. After that, just kite him around and make sure that he's gaining on you when you finally break an egg to reset his speed. They take a long time to respawn, and if you try going too fast you'll run out of eggs and die to his bleed. Once his shell breaks, just smack him down.

As was mentioned earlier, Skeram is soloable, and after that Battleguard Sartura is a cake walk. If you're a male paladin and married to a female WoW player, ladies that like to play dress-up will love the Robes of the Battleguard off of that fight. :D

The trickiest part about Sartura is getting to him. Against the bugs that charge, bring them all back into one of the round cells that are inlaid in the walls of some of the rooms. The wall is close, so you won't get hit too high and end up pasted from fall damage.

Green dragons are soloable if you keep moving. I think that's been mentioned elsewhere on the site. Without the wisdom provided in that thread (the downranking abilities is necessary) I never would have accomplished it.
Last edited by Ardrhyst on Sat May 29, 2010 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
User avatar
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?