[10] Algalon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Algalon

Postby amh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Cheers, will try to swap things around a bit. Our normal log-parser stopped doing it, so I'll do it myself so I get something to look at. It smells like a lot of FoLs going out, and it didn't really cut it when we were never topped off properly.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Ragingsoul » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:27 pm

anybody knows if this fight is bugged now?

for 2 weeks now, when we have a good attempt, he goes under 20% and like 10 sec after, starts casting BIG BANG when the adds are already out. it fucks up everything thing, and I still don't have my title even if we completely out gear the place by now, really makes me sad.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby fafhrd » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:26 pm

It's my understanding that he's always done his bangs on schedule whether he's under 20% or not.

When we did him, we didn't have the dps to get him to 20% just before the final big bang though, so I guess we never tested that.

Don't push him till he's casting that last bang imo if you don't want to deal with it with dark matter around.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Belloc » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:18 pm

He uses big bang every 90 seconds, no matter what % he is at. The adds shouldn't be a problem if you have a cooldown up, which you absolutely have to have for every big bang. I'm not sure how you've having a problem on this... we've had this happen ever since 3.2 and it has never wiped us.
Belloc

Postby Ragingsoul » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:41 pm

must be our dps then, he is already at 20% before the 3rd big bang, the last few attemps, it was just at the transition. we had adds appearing at the same time as big bang.
I was under the impression that he stops using big bang in phase2, maybe was because the dps was lower before the patch, I don't know.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby Meloree » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:15 am

In 25man, we used to hold DPS at 22% when the transition would have come at the same time as big bang, as it takes some time for the black holes to spawn, and we wiped once to it. Then, as DPS came up, we just blow through 20%. Now, of course, there isn't a 3rd big bang.

There's certainly no harm in taking a big bang during P2, though. In fact, it's easier, there's lots of holes around to choose from, in predictable positions.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Chasey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:37 pm

is anyone 2 healing him yet?
when is the best time for BL?
Chasey

Postby Treck » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Yeh, 2 man healing isnt very hard with the gear of today.
Atleast if you got a paladin healing ^^
Id still say BL is best used at the pull, since then you got everyone alive, and everyone dpsing the boss.
Might be used at a later stage at sub 20%, but if your that far, it shouldnt cause any trouble.
Treck

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon