Remove Advertisements

[Twin Valkyrie] Preparation for Boss #4

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [Twin Valkyrie] Preparation for Boss #4

Postby masterpoobaa » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:36 pm

25 manned it with our regular guild run last night.
1 shot even with over 1/2 the people not knowing what was going on.
Incredibly easy. Dissapointingly so.

If its been patched its still easy as cake.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Dianora » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:53 pm

ok, not a joke fight anymore. The pvp season changing induced lag also doesn't help.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:05 pm

they added in aoe damage to normal. Still easy, but came as a bit of a surprise when we went in with 2 healers...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby oldboyz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:55 pm

we did only a few try on 25, it seems we are too low dps to get the shield down

question : do the shield is sensible to dark/light buff or it doesn't matter?

our strat is :
we split the raid in two : melee go boss #1 while ranged go boss#2
this way, we can more easily manage the dark&light orbs

so when shield is here, do we need halft the raid to rebuff the right color or is it ok?
oldboyz

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:43 pm

At first I thought that rebuffing for a shield was time wasted, but I'm not so sure now. I'm going to look into that, myself.

You have two options when a shield occurs, and the option you choose is based upon whether or not you can actually complete the first option.

1.) Everyone immediately switches DPS to the shielded target. You only do this if you are capable of removing the shield and interrupting the heal. If your DPS is too low to accomplish this task, don't even bother (and you should probably skip out on Anub'arak, because you won't beat his enrage).

2.) If your DPS is not sufficient to break through the shield, then the heal is going to go off no matter what. So all of that DPS on the shield is entirely wasted. If you, more often than not, fail at the shield... switch all DPS to the unshielded target instead. That way the damage will still occur and the healed amount will put less of a dent into your time-until-enrage.

So, if you can accomplish #1 the majority of the time, do it. If you usually fail at #1, then do #2 all of the time. And get better DPS, because your DPS is not sufficient for clearing the instance.
Last edited by Belloc on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belloc

Postby Ruull » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Our hard mode 25 video for you guys if you're so inclined:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCWOY6Gkyxo

Shows pretty nicely how we did it, hope it helps anyone who's struggling.
Ruull, Might - Turalyon - US
Ruull

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Ruull wrote:Our hard mode 25 video for you guys if you're so inclined:

That song was pretty cool.
Belloc

Postby Jtree » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Ruull wrote:Our hard mode 25 video for you guys if you're so inclined:

I've seen several vids now where the twins are being tanked close enough together to get Power of the Twins. In my guild's kills I've kept them far apart to avoid that, though it does make shield breaking and orb dodging much bigger issues. Is the buff a significant increase of tank damage?

Or is the 60-yard range requirement shown on wowhead wrong, and I've just not noticed it happening?
Jtree

Postby Joanadark » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:17 pm

we tank them right next to each other. tank damage is fine.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Ocin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:31 am

Is there any reason for healers to switch to light or dark for normal or hard mode when Vortexes are cast? The damage from Vortexes seem like their range is not that large, but I'd hate to tell them not to switch and have them die. Is there still 30K damage from not switching per raider or just the ones in range of the vortex?
Ocin

Postby Belloc » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:29 am

Ocin wrote:Is there any reason for healers to switch to light or dark for normal or hard mode when Vortexes are cast? The damage from Vortexes seem like their range is not that large, but I'd hate to tell them not to switch and have them die. Is there still 30K damage from not switching per raider or just the ones in range of the vortex?

Unless I'm mistaken, the vortex is room-wide.
Belloc

Postby Florisia » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:08 am

Does anyone know how much less damage someone does to one of the twins when they have their own color? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Florisia

Postby Chicken » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:14 am

Florisia wrote:Does anyone know how much less damage someone does to one of the twins when they have their own color? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
As far as I know, it's 50% less damage, while being of the opposite color is 50% more damage, both as applied to your base damage. So that makes it 50% damage when the same color, and 150% damage when the opposite color.
Chicken

Postby Florisia » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:38 am

Chicken wrote:
Florisia wrote:Does anyone know how much less damage someone does to one of the twins when they have their own color? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
As far as I know, it's 50% less damage, while being of the opposite color is 50% more damage, both as applied to your base damage. So that makes it 50% damage when the same color, and 150% damage when the opposite color.

Thanks. That's a huge help.

Our guild just got to this encounter, and we were working on a strategy. It seems there's no major reason to keep the twins apart, as far as I can tell. The buffs they get aren't constant, and even so, they're not even that serious. A good healer can easily heal a tank through an additional 20% damage done.

I was thinking because they have a shared health pool, classes that have abilities that normally do damage to adjacent targets, or with high-powered AOEs might be able to cause a significant amount of damage if the two were close enough. Example: Consecration does 300 damage against a normal target per tick. It would do 450 against one valkyr, and 150 against another valkyr, totalling 600 damage a tick to their total health pool. Hammer of Righteousness would do 1.5k on a normal target(Not really sure how much I do off hand with it). With both Val'kyrs near by, it would cause 2,250 to one, and 750 to the other, totaling 3k damage, so on a so forth.

If tanked in between two of the portal things that are close to each other, it should still allow people to swap quickly for vortexes, and would even promote a much more rapid response to Twin Pact. Can anyone see any major problems with this idea that I could be overlooking?

Vortexes are zone wide, so there's no additional risk that's there that wasn't already there.
Spheres would have people of both colors near by to absorb. If done right, it would actually reduce the number of people grabbing the wrong ones.
The damage bonus during twin pact doesn't seem significant enough to really worry about the two val'kyr's distance from each other.

Any ideas?
Florisia

Postby Wrathy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:47 am

We have tanked the twins right on top of each other from day one, to maximize dps. As for the orbs and the coordination, we stack the group with all one color minus four people to "soak" the opposite color. If you are not stacking the twins on top of each other, you are missing out on a lot of splash damage.

Also even with the damage penalty of being the same color essence as the mob that you are hitting, you should have no problem doing a good deal of damage. We dont swap colors in HM and still can beat through 1.2 million during the cast with ease.

Finally the damage bonus from twins pact is not even noticeable any more for me, but that may be because I like avoidance.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon