Trouble with seal/judge macro post 2.3

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Trouble with seal/judge macro post 2.3

Postby Tenkiller » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:42 am

I'm having trouble with the seal/judge macro eg:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=30 Seal of Righteosness, Judgement

I typically keep 2 of these macros on my main cast bar. I swap them out depending on the situation, but they are all identical. So, if i cast the first seal and then cast the second seal, without judging the first, when i judge the second, the first macro doesn't reset.

This doesn't happen often, but i sometimes find myself unable to cast a seal.

I can reset it by casting a different seal.

Anyone else notice this?
Tenkiller

Postby Aessina » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:58 am

Yeah, I noticed it yesterday. Was pretty annoying.
Aessina

Postby Makaijin » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:16 am

If you check the hunter forums lately, many hunters are complaining about their steady/autoshot macros getting stuck when they weave another shot it between. I've been leveling my priest these few days, and I have a couple of fairly long /castsequence macro to make it less of a chore. I find that if you use another macro while a /castsequence macro is midway through, a lot of times it tends to get stuck.
Makaijin

Postby Omidin » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:04 pm

I was just about to post about that, mine is a much simpler macro and I have the same issue:

/cast Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast Seal of Righteousness

(I've tried with and without /stopcasting)

I'm not sure if thats the problem you guys have, but sometimes if I judge it doesnt up a seal afterwards, and sometimes it does.

Its pretty damn annoying, esp since I use a mod that displays the cooldown countdown on the button icon itself, so I cant see if the judgement spell is "lit" up (meaning I have my seal on).

Suggestions?
Omidin

Postby guillex » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:13 pm

Be all the hybrid you can be ... Use keybinds AND clicks.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby somegaijin42 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:43 pm

Guillex wrote:Be all the hybrid you can be ... Use keybinds AND clicks.

This is what I do. I've got all my seals macro'd such that I left click each to just cast the seal, and on right click, it's Judge and reseal. I've got these buttons on a nice big bar (Trinity), right in the bottom center of my screen, just above my other bars. I set them to a nice big 130% size, so I can't miss. The rest of my buttons are all on my regular bars, and hotkeyed. It's nice being able to spam two things in rapid succession because you're using binds and clicks at once.
somegaijin42

Postby guillex » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:45 pm

somegaijin42 wrote:
Guillex wrote:Be all the hybrid you can be ... Use keybinds AND clicks.

This is what I do. I've got all my seals macro'd such that I left click each to just cast the seal, and on right click, it's Judge and reseal. I've got these buttons on a nice big bar (Trinity), right in the bottom center of my screen, just above my other bars. I set them to a nice big 130% size, so I can't miss. The rest of my buttons are all on my regular bars, and hotkeyed. It's nice being able to spam two things in rapid succession because you're using binds and clicks at once.

I do the same, with Bartender3. My seals and judgment are in a 4x3 box between my health bars and my target health, just below my character.

Everything else that I use first... AS/HS/etc. are keybound to the regular bars.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Balsimar » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:19 pm

just modify your castsequence slightly to add a forced reset combination, like so:

/castsequence reset=30/ctrl Seal of Righteousness, Judgement

Now, if you hold control while activating the macro, it will reset regardless of the reset timer, or current position in the sequence.
Balsimar

Postby Tenkiller » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:35 pm

Balsimar wrote:just modify your castsequence slightly to add a forced reset combination, like so:

Now, if you hold control while activating the macro, it will reset regardless of the reset timer, or current position in the sequence.

The ctrl modifier only works if you click the macro with the mouse. It doesn't help if it's bound to a key.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Tenkiller

Postby Balsimar » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Tenkiller wrote:
Balsimar wrote:just modify your castsequence slightly to add a forced reset combination, like so:

The ctrl modifier only works if you click the macro with the mouse. It doesn't help if it's bound to a key.

You sure about that? I do it all the time. Don't tell my version of wow. :(
Balsimar

Postby Tenkiller » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:21 pm

Balsimar wrote:
Tenkiller wrote:

You sure about that? I do it all the time. Don't tell my version of wow. :(

I'm sure that the macro doesn't work as i'd expect.

When i hold the control key, the icon changes back to the seal, but i can't cast it by pressing the key that the macro is bound to. But if i control-click it with the mouse it works.

I must be missing something.
Tenkiller

Postby Tenkiller » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:39 pm

I figured it out. I have my macro bound to the 2 key. The default UI has a binding for ctrl-2, that overrides my macro. I had to unbind ctrl-2, but now it works.

I still don't like having to reset it manually, but this does help. Thanks.
Tenkiller

Postby Balsimar » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:44 pm

Tenkiller wrote:I figured it out. I have my macro bound to the 2 key. The default UI has a binding for ctrl-2, that overrides my macro. I had to unbind ctrl-2, but now it works.

you only have to reset it manually if it locks. If it doesn't lock, it will reset in 30 seconds the same as your old one does... and you can also use anything you want for the override, doesn't have to be control.
Balsimar

Postby Morningrise » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 am

Tenkiller wrote:I figured it out. I have my macro bound to the 2 key. The default UI has a binding for ctrl-2, that overrides my macro. I had to unbind ctrl-2, but now it works.

Thanks for that tip - I was wondering why I had to click the macro to make it work. Cheers!
Morningrise

Postby s4dfish » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:01 am

I've added target and combat to my reset modifiers and am contemplating dropping my reset time to 15 seconds. I also try to consciously avoid changing seals without judging the prior one. Doesn't always work as planned though...
s4dfish

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros