Remove Advertisements

[H] The Culling of Stratholme - Timer Achievement?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby mavfin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:33 pm

Yeah, I've done the run 2 or 3 times with pally-tank, elem shaman (me), shadow priest, holy priest, moonkin.

Also with hunter, rogue, warlock, priest, and warrior (me).

Three 3K boss DPSers, and a damned good pally tank make this easy.

Three 3K boss DPSers, and me on my warrior works pretty well, too.

Now if I can just win the damned roll!

Edit: you can drop the corrupter damned quick if you save bloodlust for him, too!
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Riposte » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 am

Balerion wrote:
Some tips I found helpful:

- BOSanctuary was great to keep your mana up with minimal rest.
- Explain everything ahead of time to everyone.
- Chain pull elites; Getting a mob to 30% then pulling the next elite at range moved things along.
- Know where the dragonspawn mobs will spawn in the inn and be ready for them.
- Don't talk to Arthas before the last bosses, just run up and engage the dragon and burn him down.
- Roll higher than everyone else in group on your drake.

That last one is the trick. We completed the timed boss with 2m to spare last night. Group had myself (meh geared pally tank), a brand new 80 pally healer (her second heroic), a brand new enh shammy (her first heroic), a pretty well geared ret pally, and a very well geared rogue. If we can do it, anybody can. Seriously. Just beat them on the roll for the drake and life will be good. Apparently I still need to practice that part.
Riposte

Re: [H] The Culling of Stratholme - Timer Achievement?

Postby Asterial » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:07 am

towelliee wrote:Has anyone done the timer in Old Strat? We did it on Sunday with 6 minutes left and took out the additional boss. I ended up getting the Bronze Drake which is an epic flyer. Was cool.

Anyone else beat the timer for the mount?

Yep a few days ago we had an awesome PUG so tried the timed run. We just as we got to Market Row the healer DC'd (holy pally) and we ended up 4 manning the Infinite Corruptor with the Ele Shaman healing.

The retri paladin with us got the mount.... but couldnt use it yet!!!!
Asterial

Postby Shoju » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:19 pm

It took me 18 successful trips with my guild in there before I finally won the damned drake. In the time that it took from trip 1 to trip 18 when I won, I had gone and gotten myself exalted with the netherwing for a cooler looking drake.

On the other hand, it's pretty cool when we leave as a group from Dalaran to go do something. Whenever possible we try to fly on the drakes in group. It looks cooler that way.
Shoju

Postby Asterial » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:42 am

Shoju wrote:It took me 18 successful trips with my guild in there before I finally won the damned drake. In the time that it took from trip 1 to trip 18 when I won, I had gone and gotten myself exalted with the netherwing for a cooler looking drake.

I agree Shoju.. the Netherdrake is still one of the coolest looking air mounts in the game. I have 3 of them so far.. on Hunter, Paladin and Shaman.

Last night a Death Knight was abusing a Night Elf (who was flying above Krasus Landing on a Blue Drake) about him being a loser just looking for fancy mounts or something..
I pulled out my Netherdrake and started to get the same abuse (god knows why... he could go get one after a weeks grinding).

So I landed next to him and just to annoy him more pulled out my Vampiric Batling and started to play my Arcanite Ripper!!!
Asterial

Postby Retilicious » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:06 am

A thing to remember in the gauntlet and the pre-dragonkin part is Holy Wrath is your friend.
Q.Q Less, Pew Pew More
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retilicious

Re:

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:38 pm

samsara wrote:Got the drake on my 7th successful timerun

... the only problem is .. "I can't fly epic" so it's in my bag until i will have 5k gold for it (which can take a long time as i dont have much time to play and when i play i wan't to PLAY and not to farm gold XD

one of the guy's in the group where quite a bit pissed as i told him that later.

i am in the same boat

i won the drake with my normal heroic farm grp (warrior tank, shaman hlr, and me - surv hunter - we can finish this with 8 min left now :D )
and it is still sitting in my bags just waiting for me to get 5k, i have been as high as 2.2 but got 3 new peices of gear i had to enchant/gem so im now broke again :( (currently have about 60g on main and about 700 over 10 toons on the realm)

the night i won it, we finished with 5 min left, and secon don the roll wazs a fury warrior
who had been trying for a month to get a group to finish, finally saw it drop, i rolled a 5 then he rolled a 2! (rest of group had it already.) last i heard he still doesnt have it, and refuses to run with us again! :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Re:

Postby Njall » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:45 pm

bldavis wrote:i won the drake with my normal heroic farm grp (warrior tank, shaman hlr, and me - surv hunter - we can finish this with 8 min left now :D )
and it is still sitting in my bags just waiting for me to get 5k, i have been as high as 2.2 but got 3 new peices of gear i had to enchant/gem so im now broke again :( (currently have about 60g on main and about 700 over 10 toons on the realm)

Remember, you get faction discounts for your training. So that saves about 1000 gp if your exalted with Stormwind/Ogrimmar or your faction's invasion army. You're just going to have to buckle down and save. What I did was I sent 1/2 of all the money I got to a seldom-used alt. I never touched that money. Ever. After about three months, I had just about enough to buy the mats for a choppah.

Just do your dalies. They are probably the fastest way to make cash if you only have a short span of time to play in.

Njall
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:14 pm

thanx for the tip njall!

i forgot that faction rep discounts were in a ffect for flying training!

i am actually exalted with SW, Alliance Vanguard, AND Kirin Tor! (KT was after rest, just bought the tabard for something to wear and to get acheivemnt!)

ill def be doing my dailies now that i have a slightly more achieveable goal in mind, now if i can just pry my self off my pally once in a while to play my hunter again! :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:42 am

Since People are talking about ways to save gold, here is what I do on EVERY server I play on.

Start a level1.
Get to Stormwind Orgrimarr.
Send said alt 205g.
Purchase Guild charter.
Purchase signatures for Guild charter.
Create guild.
Boot everyone but my level 1.
Purchase tab1 of guild bank.

Designate an amount of gold you want to keep on all toons. On my main, I keep 1k on her. On alts, 50g. Whenever I log from said toon, I mail all gold above the cutoff to said level1, along with anything of value that I can sell/DE/Accumulate to sell.

Log on to level1, collect gold, deposit in the guild bank.

Why do this? If you keep the money in the guild bank, you can't 'impulse buy' from the AH, or do something else dumb.

I just moved my DK, and had 1100g (and was at 76) when I transferred. I'm now 80, have gear, have 400+ enchanting, have dual spec, CWF, and 2400g. I'm currently saving for Epic Flight.

I send EVERYTHING to the bank. Ore, Cloth, Greens (or dust after D/E), Blues, Health/mana pots, Relics of Ulduar, etc... Once I get a full bank (My main's bank has 3 tabs, my DK's Bank has 1) I do a massive listing.

I never have to worry about being broke. I very rarely actually give into an impulse to buy something frivelous (because I talk myself out of it by the time I get to the bank).
Shoju

Postby Athos » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:18 pm

I rolled a new Paladin for Cata and just recently hit 85. I'm sick of the griffon, and dont have 200 tokens yet from TB to get my dragon mount. I thought about trying to solo this and get the bronze drake when I get home. Has anyone tried to do this solo as prot? I know i can survive it, but am not sure if I'll be able to do it in 25 minutes. If not, any other quick suggestions for a better flying mount?
Athos

Postby rodos » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Athos wrote:I rolled a new Paladin for Cata and just recently hit 85. I'm sick of the griffon, and dont have 200 tokens yet from TB to get my dragon mount. I thought about trying to solo this and get the bronze drake when I get home. Has anyone tried to do this solo as prot? I know i can survive it, but am not sure if I'll be able to do it in 25 minutes. If not, any other quick suggestions for a better flying mount?

No idea about the Strat timer, but some other options are:

1. Level tailoring or engineering

2. Get an OS+3D run together

3. Keep an eye out for Glory of the {Ulduar,Icecrown} Raider runs. I see a few of these on my server each week (not sure of success rate though).

Everything else is a rep grind or a random drop.
rodos

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:27 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/item=43955 :D ride around on Firemaw!
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:36 am

Athos wrote:I rolled a new Paladin for Cata and just recently hit 85. I'm sick of the griffon, and dont have 200 tokens yet from TB to get my dragon mount. I thought about trying to solo this and get the bronze drake when I get home. Has anyone tried to do this solo as prot? I know i can survive it, but am not sure if I'll be able to do it in 25 minutes. If not, any other quick suggestions for a better flying mount?

I think it might be soloable. A bit of gear may be needed, something like at least ilvl 346.
A lvl 80 in blue gear was expected to do something like 1500 dps, so I think it might be possible do to a group's dps alone.
Now that I think of it it might even be soloable as ret. Divine Storm should heal quite a bit with the number of things we can aoe.

Otherwise with just one or two friends it would be very easy.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Athos » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:44 am

Thanks guys. I got my bronze last night. I was so sick of the griffon, that I let Malganis (sp?) have his way with the griffon and then fed it to my new dragon as soon as I got it. I didn't try it solo because a few guildies wanted to come along for the fun.
Athos

Previous

Return to General Strats