Remove Advertisements

Newbie warning

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Newbie warning

Postby yappo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:36 pm

The activity level here is so low that we risk giving new tankadins wrong advice come 3.2.

I'm 80, you're 80, but not all people jumping to the arguably best tankadin site have been 80 for half a year.

Bash my head in, or are we deserting the next generation?

Half joke / half serious.
yappo

Re: Newbie warning

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Credit it to better stickies and aggregated knowledge. A lot of the traffic in the past was 8374893 different people asking the same 5 questions over and over again.

Any fresh tanks coming to the site looking for information has an entire reference library complete with charts, diagrams, and lots of math at their fingertips. There's really not much new to be said at this point.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby MrMagu » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:07 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Credit it to better stickies and aggregated knowledge. A lot of the traffic in the past was 8374893 different people asking the same 5 questions over and over again.

Any fresh tanks coming to the site looking for information has an entire reference library complete with charts, diagrams, and lots of math at their fingertips. There's really not much new to be said at this point.

I completely agree. I am new to this site since 3.0 and have found that the stickies pretty much give me all the info I have needed, with few exceptions that a search did not answer.

This forum has improved my tanking and tanking knowledge 10 fold. Thanks to all the contributors.
MrMagu

Postby Goreon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Yeah, the stickies are quality work.

What I would like to see though is more updates for the stickies as patch content updates and changes strats. Whilst the baseline information is still solid, there's often tweaks which need to be touched up on, which come through best with Sticky updates. I've been to other sites where they have 'tanking strat' stickies which are relevent to 3.0, but absolutely useless to 3.2
Goreon

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:51 pm

MrMagu wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Credit it to better stickies and aggregated knowledge. A lot of the traffic in the past was 8374893 different people asking the same 5 questions over and over again.

I completely agree. I am new to this site since 3.0 and have found that the stickies pretty much give me all the info I have needed, with few exceptions that a search did not answer.

This forum has improved my tanking and tanking knowledge 10 fold. Thanks to all the contributors.

this

i feel the exact same way
and after the re-design it got WAY easier to find info quick!
helps doing 3 clicks to the list of gear or to suggested enchants, helped me hit 552 def at 78 :twisted: (not now switched out some def gems for def/stam)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby guillex » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 pm

Goreon wrote:Yeah, the stickies are quality work.

What I would like to see though is more updates for the stickies as patch content updates and changes strats. Whilst the baseline information is still solid, there's often tweaks which need to be touched up on, which come through best with Sticky updates. I've been to other sites where they have 'tanking strat' stickies which are relevent to 3.0, but absolutely useless to 3.2

As I find the time, stickies will be getting updated with links, information, and easier navigation to informative threads.

It's up to the community and the original author of the sticky/guide/thread to keep information updated, though.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to General Strats