Remove Advertisements

Looking for a Paladin who has main tanked Kael P4/5

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Looking for a Paladin who has main tanked Kael P4/5

Postby Mortehl » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:12 am

I have a couple of questions. Do we have any who's done it?
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lore » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:49 am

There was a post a while ago from someone saying they'd done it, what are your questions though?
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Daeren » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:56 am

Gonan be alot more who does it now.
Daeren

Postby Mortehl » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:31 am

I'm thinking of bubbling through the first pyro, then shielding through the second. Will that be enough to get the shield down?

Also, does AOE on the weapons make sense?
Mortehl

Postby Lore » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:36 am

We usually burn down 1 weapon (the bow since it's the hardest to group up) and then AOE the rest, I've tanked up to 3 of them at once.

I'd use the shield for the first pyro and bubble for the second since it may get interrupted before the second (and your DPS should be shooting for doing that).
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Daeren » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:42 pm

I'm tanking 4-5 weapons when AOEing.. it's alot of fun.
Daeren

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:09 pm

I've tanked a couple of times P4 when our MT wasnt there during learning tries, never tanked P5.

I always AoEtanked 3 to 4 weapons. Usually, Daggers, Mace, Shield, and the Sword, but we usually have the MT picking the sword to not have excessive damage stacked on me (the DoT hurts).
AoEing the weapons is probably the easiest way to deal with them, single target nuking might be more difficult.

You can bubble throught a pyroblast if needed. U actually can bubble when he starts casting the first, and the 3 pyros will all be directed to you even if u don't dispel the bubble.
But that wasnt important for us since we ignored the Shield and the Pyroblast son our tactic and used that time to nuke phoenixes down.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jonesy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:22 am

I'm doing it right now (your progression seems to spookily mirror ours, I think you downed Vashj either a day before or after we did). I'm using the shield on the first pyro and then DSing for the second if it doesn't get kicked (we're experimenting with burning the shield down and ignoring it).

I'm seeing if I can rejig my gear to eat a pyro without consumables; so far I'm 972 health short of it. :(
Jonesy

Postby Rhaenys » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:29 am

Seperate question, but relates to tanking Kael. Does FR help against his attacks? We are steadily getting to P4 (working on a few not dieing), and our MT was wondering this, but have not found anything anywhere regarding this.
Rhaenys

Postby Mortehl » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:32 am

Jonesy wrote:I'm doing it right now (your progression seems to spookily mirror ours, I think you downed Vashj either a day before or after we did). I'm using the shield on the first pyro and then DSing for the second if it doesn't get kicked (we're experimenting with burning the shield down and ignoring it).

I'm seeing if I can rejig my gear to eat a pyro without consumables; so far I'm 972 health short of it. :(

Link armory? I want to compare notes.
Mortehl

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:49 am

Rhaenys wrote:Seperate question, but relates to tanking Kael. Does FR help against his attacks? We are steadily getting to P4 (working on a few not dieing), and our MT was wondering this, but have not found anything anywhere regarding this.

Yes FR *does* help, but you would gimp your stats too much if you use FR gear. You can resist the fireballs, but you cannot resist the Pyroblasts.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jonesy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:50 am

Mortehl wrote:
Jonesy wrote:I'm seeing if I can rejig my gear to eat a pyro without consumables; so far I'm 972 health short of it. :(

Link armory? I want to compare notes.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... s&n=Jonesy

Health seems to not have been updated for 2.3 - when logging on I have a health of 15997. Here's the arithmetic:

Jonesy wrote:Health: 15997
Stamina: 1150

Imp imp blood pact: 86 sta
Imp fort: 102 sta
Imp MotW: 18 sta
Spicy Crawdad: 30 sta

Total from buffs: 236 sta
Plus 16% from Combat Expertise and Sacred Duty: 273

Flat-buffed stam: 1423

Including 10% from Kings: 1566 sta

Puts me at 20508 health.

Commanding shout puts me at 21588
Flask of fortification puts me at 22088

[Our Priest]'s Power Word: Shield saves me 1690 damage.

Total health bar length: 23778.

------------------

Pyroblast hits for 55k unmitigated.
27500 after the mace buff.
24750 after Spell Warding & Impr Righteous Fury.

--------------------

972 short. Sad wonder if I can make it up by stacking a bit more stam...

Commanding presence: extra 271 health, 701 deficit.
55 stam with Kings and Combat Expertise & Sacred Duty is 702 health. (lol, leaving me with 1 HP)

9 sta from getting the badge chest.
31 sta from getting the badge legs.
21 sta from the badge feet.
8 sta from re-enchanting my rings.
6 sta from getting the Darkmoon: Madness card.

== 75 stamina.

*dance*
Jonesy

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:05 am

Even if you can afford to get that few hundreds HP missing, it's a HUGE risk. You would survive with very little HP, meaning for any random factor (not being 100% HP, a phoenix aura, a MC person hitting you, Kaelthas hitting you after the interrupt and before being topped off...) you will get oneshotted.

I strongly recommend using the consumables anyway. It's not the case of being cheap.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jonesy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:12 am

Worldie wrote:Even if you can afford to get that few hundreds HP missing, it's a HUGE risk. You would survive with very little HP, meaning for any random factor (not being 100% HP, a phoenix aura, a MC person hitting you, Kaelthas hitting you after the interrupt and before being topped off...) you will get oneshotted.

I strongly recommend using the consumables anyway. It's not the case of being cheap.

Yep. The idea isn't to be able to do that so I can save a few hundred gold on consumables, it's so that this doesn't happen:

First sequence: shield, seed, bubble (wtf dps, sort it out)
Second sequence: shield, pot, kick
Third sequence: shield, seed, kick
Fourth sequence, shield, "argh everything is on cooldown for 2 seconds, *flail*", die.
Jonesy

Re: Looking for a Paladin who has main tanked Kael P4/5

Postby Galtea » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:24 pm

Mortehl wrote:I have a couple of questions. Do we have any who's done it?

Yes, I've MT'ed Kael in phase 4/5 a few times now and here's how I do it.

For the first pyro, I tell all the dps to stay OFF of kael, so they can dps pheonixes or whatever, you bubble about 2 sec into his pyroblast, and become immune to the first 2 with it, then shield the 3rd one in the sequence. After that, simply use your fire pots and nightmare seeds. My rotation is.

Pyro 1:
1. Bubble (immune)
2. Bubble (immune)
3. Shield

Pyro 2:
1. Shield
2. Fire Pot
3. Interrupt

Pyro 3:
1. Shield
2. Nightmare Seed
3. Interrupt

Pyro 4:
1. Shield
2. Fire Pot
3. Interrupt

Pyro 5:
1. Bubble (immune)
2. Bubble (immune)
3. Shield

and repeat from therein.

As far as health goes, I tanked him before the HP buff with around 21k hp, so you can definitely do it with at least that much, just make sure your priest also shields you on the 2nd pyro as well as a consumable.

Also important to note, after gravity lapse ends in phase 5, make sure your healers have a pre-heal on you for the buff and that you use your shield when he casts his first fireball as dps/healers are getting into position. Learned that the hard way ><
Galtea

Next

Return to Tempest Keep