[10H] ToC 10 Heroic group make-up and DPS requirements

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10H] ToC 10 Heroic group make-up and DPS requirements

Postby Shathus » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:35 am

My guild has cleared ToC 10 and 25 on normal, and we've started dabbling in 10 man Heroic. We normally run 2 10 man normal groups but only doing 1 group in Heroic. I'd like to see if I can help tank a 2nd group. I think I'm well geared enough for it (Armory) and the other tank should be ok as well. Same amount of health, but less avoidance and a little less armor.

Some of the debate in guild chat has been what the minimum DPS #s should be per person, and the other question being do you run with 2 or 3 healers? Filling in the healers spots with good people shouldn't be a problem, I just don't know if there enough good DPSers (not counting the ones that go in group 1). Obviously I'd still like to get a few attempts in regardless, but if I'm showing most people say < 3.5 - 4k, is it not worth continuing?

TIA.
Last edited by Shathus on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Re: ToC 10 Heroic group make-up and DPS requirements

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:06 pm

3.5k is cutting it close. More than 1 person at 3.5k and you should really ask yourself why those people are performing so poorly and why you are bringing them. 4k DPS minimum, imo.

We use 3 healers on every fight except Anub, on which we use 2.
Belloc

Postby Synagain » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Belloc wrote:3.5k is cutting it close. More than 1 person at 3.5k and you should really ask yourself why those people are performing so poorly and why you are bringing them. 4k DPS minimum, imo.

Pretty much agree with what he said - I'm a tank main spec, and even in my off spec which is Naxx 25 / Ulduar 10/25 with a few ToC 10 peices I can put out 4.5k easy on a single target fight.. so I would ask the same question on why they are performing so poorly ^_^ A little help goes along way
Tichondrius Elite
Synagain - 80 DK Unholy/Blood Tank
Synergist - Rogue
Synagain

Postby Ruull » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:30 pm

As the others have said if you're doing heroic 10 4-5k dps really shouldn't be an issue. Another thing to keep in mind is group synergy some comps will make your life a lot easier than others. Fury warriors and unholy dks make it a lot easier on anub.

General comp if you want an easy run (least what I've found):

Tanks:
Bear
Paly (really the best since you can interrupt shadowstrikes on your on for anub)

Healers:
Paly (this one is very helpful on both twins/anub)
Druid
Priest

Dps:
Fury war
Unholy dk
Enh Shaman
Hunter (will help a lot for learning 10 man anub as it can be annoying having the adds split on either side)
X

I've always favored melee heavy groups at least for learning it but the dps classes aren't that huge of a deal. Big thing is having a paly tank/paly healer and you can kind of fill the rest of the group in around it.

Anyhow, hope that helps.
Ruull

Postby Zothor » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:41 pm

Finally got our Heroic 10 Anub kill under our belts last night so I am officially able to weigh in with a touch of authority.

There is no reason to run with fewer than 3 healers for any fight before Anub'arak. All five fights are extremely healing intensive, and you only tend to drop to 2 healers for Anub' because the DPS requirement is steep and less healing is better in the critical phase.

Nearly every fight involves both tanks (or at least two distinct targets) taking damage/heals, so Beacon is massively OP. A paladin healer hugely, hugely simplifies Heroic TOC.

All of our DPS were well over 4k on sustained burn, and for our Anub kill with 6 DPS, we had 4 around 5k. The first four fights are significantly easier on your DPS though; you probably won't get Anub down if you're carrying 3.5k DPSers, but you will be able to collect quite a bit of excellently itemized loot (many, many pieces are better than 25 man normal despite being the same level, notably because most have more sockets that you can tailor directly to your spec) which will help bring that dps back up.

I really, really enjoy ToC10 Heroic and highly reccomend you guys get hacking at it. The fact that I finally got my first tanking weapon upgrade since the 2nd week of Ulduar (jeez it's been a long time...) doesn't hurt either :P
Zothor

Postby Vlad » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:53 am

Belloc wrote:3.5k is cutting it close. More than 1 person at 3.5k and you should really ask yourself why those people are performing so poorly and why you are bringing them. 4k DPS minimum, imo.

Funny our guild just got to 10 H Anub using two healers all the way but couldn't get anub down, was beginning to think we may need three until I saw this post =)
Vlad

Postby guillex » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:51 am

Please take a moment to read the Announcement:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic

You can edit your original post to change the subject title to fit in the guidelines.

Have a good one!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon