Remove Advertisements

Lynx Lord Halazzi

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Agravaine » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:39 pm

I was having alot of trouble with this. We had a druid MT, and I was standing in melee range inside the bear model.

We were not taking even damage, we were sometimes splitting damage -- like 6k on both, but sometimes, I was getting 9k, sometimes the bear was.

Is this a bug too, like the Tauren model?
Agravaine

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:42 am

No bug, just meant you were dodging/parrying the Saber Lash a lot.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Invisusira » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:47 am

Worldie wrote:No bug, just meant you were dodging/parrying the Saber Lash a lot.

QFT

If one of you dodge or parry the attack, the other will take all the damage. I got hit for 17.7k because of that =x
Invisusira

Postby Tekkel » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:49 am

Aye it helps if your MT has a rather large hp pool for this fight. I was running 19.5k in tier4/badge reward stuff and it wasn't a luxery.

We also tanked both forms on top of each other. Makes it easier for melee to swap to totems from the lynx.
Tekkel

Postby Viskahn » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:00 am

we couldnt down the lynx last night (mainly because our healers were a bit undergeared for it), but damn did he hit hard. first serious try, i was tanking him...saber lash hit me for 10k precisely (after block), and regular mainhand hits for 3.6k, offhand for 1k or so constantly. the healers simply couldnt keep both me and the offtank (eating saber lashes) alive, they were OOM at 25% and we wiped, on our best try.

seemed like quite a gap from the bear/eagle to the lynx, in terms of gear requirements.
Viskahn
Maintankadonor

Postby Tekkel » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:38 am

Aye u can however dodge the lashes so I think a druid makes a good offtank on this fight. I actually dodged quite a few myself. It's nice to dodge 1-2 at the start so healers can get in position and after that it's just a matter of being topped off. Having a large health buffer makes this fight alot easier for your healers.
Tekkel

Postby mconeone » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:13 am

Do your healers have a hard time keeping you up through the 9k x2 saber lashes? Do they have to chain-chug pots?
mconeone

Postby Nemi » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:25 am

SO.. this guy absoultly thrashed me. We did however do some things wrong. Namely we didnt think about tranq shot.. oops.

Is it true that if say the OT dodges and you are the MT that you'll take the whole 19k from the Saberlash? That would explain why I'd be gibbed sometimes..
Nemi

Postby Tiandelin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:58 am

I MT'd the place with a tauren dps warrior (3/3 tactical mastery) as the OT. Wasn't the most successful run, but that was mostly due to rampant disconnections.

I didn't notice any oddities with saber lash on Halazzi, even with a tauren OT, though he did seem to hit really hard. Fully buffed (no flask) with imp and commanding shout, I had 21k health, and he did kill me once with a lash during frenzy. Your healers just have to be ready to really spam you when he does that.

I've heard that he doesn't crush (which makes sense, since he would probably chew right through shield block if he did), so it might be worth just stacking stamina without regard to uncrushability on this fight.

Now if only we could keep people from dying to lightning totems and flame shocks, sigh...
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Vanifae » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:49 am

Invisusira wrote:
Worldie wrote:No bug, just meant you were dodging/parrying the Saber Lash a lot.

QFT

If one of you dodge or parry the attack, the other will take all the damage. I got hit for 17.7k because of that =x

There seems to be an arguement that the amount is split before damage is applied, i.e. MT Dodged, and OT takes 9k.

My experience seems to quantify this statement, but since the skill can sometimes not register the second tank you can still take the full thing.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby rozakk » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:53 am

agreed, the damage is definitely split before avoidance checks. I took 6-8k dmg several times when our warrior who had something like 55% combined dodge/parry kept dodging/parrying sabrelashes. a few times he would take 12-18k lash and i would take no dmg, then check back in the log - i never dodged or parried the sabre lash, he just outright didnt attack me with it. warrior was an orc. Seems when i stood about half af oot infront of him it avoided this. but if i was towards the back of him or even just behind him he would always take the lash solo.
rozakk

Postby Agravaine » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:40 pm

Well I was paired up with a bear and it seemed that the damage was not being split before the avoidance check OR the window for correct positioning is really small.

I stood in the bear model, slightly in front, slightly behind, to the left, to the right a person's width to each side.

It also seemed like he got enraged and never came out of it after a wipe -- hunter tranquil shot didn't seem to do anything. I took a 19k saber lash right at the beginning of the fight, his first saber lash.
Agravaine

Postby Questioner » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:49 am

As the OP: Just wanted to say that I tried maintanking (instead of OT) him last night with some lesser geared people and we dropped him second try. Never once took took a full lash, and we didn't tranq shot him because our noob hunter had a broken bow with no spare...

I did use stoneshields though, and they helped quite a bit.

Short funny story:

We had one of our warlocks along who is marked as a non-raider (and hasn't ever run an instance with me). On the aoe trash he kept asking for a shield and heals...and I was like...you aren't pulling aggro dude. Then on the lynx he says, "Shouldn't we have a warrior tank this, with their shield block and stuff?"

Luckily, 8 other people in the raid facepalmed besides me :D.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby fiorina » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:10 am

Invisusira wrote:

QFT

I don't think lash mechanics work like this. I think damage is split first, then it's checked for dodge/parry so there must be other reason why you eat 18k hit. My OT sits on 88% passive avoidance, it mean I should have eaten 18k hits every now and then, but I didn't eat a single one.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby rozakk » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:53 am

with how buggy the sabrelash ability is i would not want to try splitting it with a bear model. even against a tauren model it's near impossible to position perfectly but the deviate food takes care of it.
rozakk

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman