[Leveling] Two heirloom items already purchased

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Leveling] Two heirloom items already purchased

Postby The mighty Iesous » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:17 am

if you start fresh - headmasters charge with 30sp enchant is the best piece to get. you can even melee with it hehe.
The mighty Iesous

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:23 am

Levantine wrote:I find dots to be a horribly inefficient way to level. :/

WIth the OP heirloom gear, Spriest Dots are the easiest facerolling leveling that I have ever done. I'm sure a warlock in the fullon heirloom gear will be able to do the same thing.
Shoju

Postby hoho » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:42 am

Shoju wrote:WIth the OP heirloom gear, Spriest Dots are the easiest facerolling leveling that I have ever done. I'm sure a warlock in the fullon heirloom gear will be able to do the same thing.
Indeed, shadowpriest dots have HUGE base damage that helps a lot during leveling. We barely get any benefit from talents to them but they hit for considerably higher than affliction lock who get their dots boosted by 2x+ through talents vs +10% for a single dot for spriests.

This is also the reason why spriests were rocking DPS charts at beginning of both TBC and WotLK, our dots simply were doing great damage but gained relatively little from gear.

During leveling I would believe most mobs would die to VT+SWP+flay spam before they can reach you assuming you start out at max range. If you don't have VT yet then simply finish them off with MB/wand once they start beating on you.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Dakiros » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:49 am

Shoju wrote:

WIth the OP heirloom gear, Spriest Dots are the easiest facerolling leveling that I have ever done. I'm sure a warlock in the fullon heirloom gear will be able to do the same thing.

Yup yup! I just hit 40 with my warlock this weekend who's sporting all the heirloom gear minus one trinket. It was pretty slow and boring up until around 20 or so but it really picks up the more talents in aff you get. Absurdly easy leveling and drain tanking makes you practically invincible against anything close to your level.
Dakiros

Postby guillex » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:38 am

Dakiros wrote:
Shoju wrote:

Yup yup! I just hit 40 with my warlock this weekend who's sporting all the heirloom gear minus one trinket. It was pretty slow and boring up until around 20 or so but it really picks up the more talents in aff you get. Absurdly easy leveling and drain tanking makes you practically invincible against anything close to your level.

This is what I'm waiting for. I don't have the full heirloom setup yet, just the shoulders and chest, but I'm sure that with minor upgrades here and there by the time I'm 20, draintanking with the succubus will be quite easy.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby hoho » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:41 pm

Keep the blueberry until you can get felguard. The other two pets are nearly useless for leveling. At least with blueberry you can do semi-decent aoe pulls once every 2 minutes.
Leap of Faith:
hoho

Postby Shoju » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:22 am

And with the blueberry you can tank lowbie instances. Before I killed my warlock, I had successfully blueberry tanked RFC, WC, BFD, and RFK. I deleted him when my paladin hit 60 and I wanted to focus on getting my paladin maxxed out and raiding.
Shoju

Postby Shathus » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:57 am

I made a lock alt as well, I have the shoulders, chest and staff atm... i didn't even think to enchant the staff (duh)! Up to 22 now, and he's definitely steam-rolling through mobs. I'll have to try the blueberry tank through instances. But enjoying him so far. I have a mage at 71, but lost interest in leveling him and for now just use him for scribe/enchant. We'll see how far the lock makes it.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:51 am

Uhm. I got 3 caster trinkets, 1 melee trinket, almost all the weapons between the PvP and PvE ones, one shoulder per kind, cloth leather and mail chest, only missing a plate chest.

Do i win the nerd title?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby hoho » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:04 am

Worldie wrote:Uhm. I got 3 caster trinkets, 1 melee trinket, almost all the weapons between the PvP and PvE ones, one shoulder per kind, cloth leather and mail chest, only missing a plate chest.

Do i win the nerd title?

Account1:
One full set of caster heirlooms
plate Chest+shoulders+MH sword+2h axe

account2:
plate shoulders+chest
dps mail shoulders+chest
dps leather shoulders+chest
2x daggers+sword+bow

Account3:
cloth chest+shoulders

I have some pvp heirlooms aswell but generally haven't bothered with them. I think we are tied for the title :P

Also, L2 rogue with shoulders+bow+2x daggers with 15 agi on them = fun.
Leap of Faith:
hoho

Postby guillex » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:19 am

I'm going to kind of hijack my own thread here and ask about the following scenario:

My wife's started playing (ohnoes!), and we're currently leveling RaF on Fizzcrank. I've taken a BE pally (currently specced prot), and she's running with an UD 'lock.

We were speccing her into the affliction tree, following advice on wowwiki... But further reading and testing shows that her curses do NOT help out any, as the mobs die too fast (ohai Reckoning + Sword of Omen!).

Does anyone have a decent Destro build for leveling? I'd kinda looked through some things, and came up with this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#I0xMZ0hZEchVR for level 43... But I don't know how viable that is.

Also, what kind of rotation/skills should she be using, with that build? Immolate/Corruption then spam SB? Arrrgggghhh!!!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby hoho » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:25 am

Have her spam shadowbolt in whatever spec she wants. As you said stuff dies so fast that dot's won't really help. At L50 she might want to spec to felguard and get a "third" member to your little group. DPS is comparable or even higher than destro but survivability is significantly better. When she can start using incinerate it's quite nice spell aswell, especially with immolate ticking on the target. Only problem again is that it's a dot that might not be all that useful when stuff dies fast.
Leap of Faith:
hoho

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes